Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=39838.msg676347#msg676347 date=1195490925]
    again, who cares we have a chance for a wildcard spot?
    we'd have to win every game, which we'd never succeed in. again, have to wait another year but right now, it's highly highly doubtful and unrealistically that we'd got into the playoffs
    That isn't even close to being true.
    The odds are high that at least one of the NFC wild cards spots will be held by an 8-8 team.
    The fact is that we are only two games out of being .500, so it is, in fact , attainable.
    Actually you are wrong i think, it's true that we'd have to win 2 games to be .500 but then we'd have to play 4 more games. so for going 8-8 we'd have to win 4 out of 2
    Yes, we would have to finish the season 4 and 2 to be .500.
    But that is not winning every game.
    Like I said earlier in this thread, a win against the Giants on Sunday would go a long way toward establishing the Viking's identity.
    And then we need to go 3-2...

    Is it attainable?
    Yes.
    Would you play AD to attain the 6th-seed in the playoffs?
    No.

    =Z=
    We cannot risk any further injury to AD.
    I would sooner lose all of our remaining games then put AD in before he is completely healthy.
    [/quote]

    Nobody is talking about putting him before he is completely healthy.
    But once he is completely healthy, it would be a disservice to him, the team, and the fans to continue to keep him out of games just because you are scared he might get injured again.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=39838.msg676347#msg676347 date=1195490925]
    again, who cares we have a chance for a wildcard spot?
    we'd have to win every game, which we'd never succeed in. again, have to wait another year but right now, it's highly highly doubtful and unrealistically that we'd got into the playoffs
    That isn't even close to being true.
    The odds are high that at least one of the NFC wild cards spots will be held by an 8-8 team.
    The fact is that we are only two games out of being .500, so it is, in fact , attainable.
    Actually you are wrong i think, it's true that we'd have to win 2 games to be .500 but then we'd have to play 4 more games. so for going 8-8 we'd have to win 4 out of 2
    Yes, we would have to finish the season 4 and 2 to be .500.
    But that is not winning every game.
    Like I said earlier in this thread, a win against the Giants on Sunday would go a long way toward establishing the Viking's identity.
    And then we need to go 3-2...

    Is it attainable?
    Yes.
    Would you play AD to attain the 6th-seed in the playoffs?
    No.
    Against the Giants?
    No.
    Against the Lions?
    Depends on where his knee is.
    I don't want AD to go in before he is 100%.
    But as soon as he is he needs to play - regardless of our record.
    [/quote]

    For what purpose?
    If the Vikings have been eliminated from the playoffs (and I, honestly, feel they already have, just not officially) then what possible reason is there for AD to play?
    He won't be 100% healed by the end of the season (we have heard that from many sources) but he will be healthy enough to play (perhaps).
    So why suit him up?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=39838.msg676369#msg676369 date=1195492795]
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=39838.msg676347#msg676347 date=1195490925]
    again, who cares we have a chance for a wildcard spot?
    we'd have to win every game, which we'd never succeed in. again, have to wait another year but right now, it's highly highly doubtful and unrealistically that we'd got into the playoffs
    That isn't even close to being true.
    The odds are high that at least one of the NFC wild cards spots will be held by an 8-8 team.
    The fact is that we are only two games out of being .500, so it is, in fact , attainable.
    Actually you are wrong i think, it's true that we'd have to win 2 games to be .500 but then we'd have to play 4 more games. so for going 8-8 we'd have to win 4 out of 2
    Yes, we would have to finish the season 4 and 2 to be .500.
    But that is not winning every game.
    Like I said earlier in this thread, a win against the Giants on Sunday would go a long way toward establishing the Viking's identity.
    And then we need to go 3-2...

    Is it attainable?
    Yes.
    Would you play AD to attain the 6th-seed in the playoffs?
    No.
    Against the Giants?
    No.
    Against the Lions?
    Depends on where his knee is.
    I don't want AD to go in before he is 100%.
    But as soon as he is he needs to play - regardless of our record.
    [/quote]

    For what purpose?
    If the Vikings have been eliminated from the playoffs (and I, honestly, feel they already have, just not officially) then what possible reason is there for AD to play?
    He won't be 100% healed by the end of the season (we have heard that from many sources) but he will be healthy enough to play (perhaps).
    So why suit him up?

    =Z=
    [/quote]
    Again, going on the assumption that if he is cleared to play by the medical staff then is he more important than all the other players risking injury?

    Should Birk, Hutch, EJ, Winfield, Leber, Greenway, CT etc sit just because they have nothing to play for and we don't want to risk getting them injured for a run next season?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=39838.msg676372#msg676372 date=1195493002]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=39838.msg676369#msg676369 date=1195492795]
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=39838.msg676347#msg676347 date=1195490925]
    again, who cares we have a chance for a wildcard spot?
    we'd have to win every game, which we'd never succeed in. again, have to wait another year but right now, it's highly highly doubtful and unrealistically that we'd got into the playoffs
    That isn't even close to being true.
    The odds are high that at least one of the NFC wild cards spots will be held by an 8-8 team.
    The fact is that we are only two games out of being .500, so it is, in fact , attainable.
    Actually you are wrong i think, it's true that we'd have to win 2 games to be .500 but then we'd have to play 4 more games. so for going 8-8 we'd have to win 4 out of 2
    Yes, we would have to finish the season 4 and 2 to be .500.
    But that is not winning every game.
    Like I said earlier in this thread, a win against the Giants on Sunday would go a long way toward establishing the Viking's identity.
    And then we need to go 3-2...

    Is it attainable?
    Yes.
    Would you play AD to attain the 6th-seed in the playoffs?
    No.
    Against the Giants?
    No.
    Against the Lions?
    Depends on where his knee is.
    I don't want AD to go in before he is 100%.
    But as soon as he is he needs to play - regardless of our record.
    [/quote]

    For what purpose?
    If the Vikings have been eliminated from the playoffs (and I, honestly, feel they already have, just not officially) then what possible reason is there for AD to play?
    He won't be 100% healed by the end of the season (we have heard that from many sources) but he will be healthy enough to play (perhaps).
    So why suit him up?

    =Z=
    [/quote]
    Again, going on the assumption that if he is cleared to play by the medical staff then is he more important than all the other players risking injury?

    Should Birk, Hutch, EJ, Winfield, Leber, Greenway, CT etc sit just because they have nothing to play for and we don't want to risk getting them injured for a run next season?
    :
    [/quote]

    Agreed.
    You don't just quit when you are eliminated.

    Not only would AD be getting cheated out of his incentives in his contract, but what kind of example are you setting for plays by just quitting.
    And what kind of message are you sending to all of the other players?

    AD isn't a perfect RB yet.
    He still has room to learn.
    He also needs to get his body used to playing a schedule longer than 10 games.

    The right decision is to put him in when he is ready - not a game before or a game after.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=39838.msg676372#msg676372 date=1195493002]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=39838.msg676369#msg676369 date=1195492795]
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=39838.msg676347#msg676347 date=1195490925]
    again, who cares we have a chance for a wildcard spot?
    we'd have to win every game, which we'd never succeed in. again, have to wait another year but right now, it's highly highly doubtful and unrealistically that we'd got into the playoffs
    That isn't even close to being true.
    The odds are high that at least one of the NFC wild cards spots will be held by an 8-8 team.
    The fact is that we are only two games out of being .500, so it is, in fact , attainable.
    Actually you are wrong i think, it's true that we'd have to win 2 games to be .500 but then we'd have to play 4 more games. so for going 8-8 we'd have to win 4 out of 2
    Yes, we would have to finish the season 4 and 2 to be .500.
    But that is not winning every game.
    Like I said earlier in this thread, a win against the Giants on Sunday would go a long way toward establishing the Viking's identity.
    And then we need to go 3-2...

    Is it attainable?
    Yes.
    Would you play AD to attain the 6th-seed in the playoffs?
    No.
    Against the Giants?
    No.
    Against the Lions?
    Depends on where his knee is.
    I don't want AD to go in before he is 100%.
    But as soon as he is he needs to play - regardless of our record.
    [/quote]

    For what purpose?
    If the Vikings have been eliminated from the playoffs (and I, honestly, feel they already have, just not officially) then what possible reason is there for AD to play?
    He won't be 100% healed by the end of the season (we have heard that from many sources) but he will be healthy enough to play (perhaps).
    So why suit him up?
    [/quote]

    Again, going on the assumption that if he is cleared to play by the medical staff then is he more important than all the other players risking injury?

    Should Birk, Hutch, EJ, Winfield, Leber, Greenway, CT etc sit just because they have nothing to play for and we don't want to risk getting them injured for a run next season?
    :
    [/quote]

    1.
    The medical staffs of NFL football teams are notorious for having neither the best interests of the player nor the long-term future as part of their decision process.

    2.
    AD is more important than anyone else on the team.
    To say anything less is folly.

    3.
    Internally to the team, there are already divisions set up based upon salary, starting position, etc. that designate some players as more "important" than others.

    4.
    These are PROFESSIONALS.
    Worrying about hurting their feelings is Oprahesque bullshit.

    5.
    If Winfield's hammy is still a problem, then, yes, he should be shut down in the last game of the season (or before - like the last 2 games).

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    I actually like our chances to still go 9-7 but believe 8-8 is more realistic, at least on paper.


    The first half of the schedule saw us face some very tough teams which we played pretty tough against.

    Lions
    L 17-20 OT
    6-4
    GB


    L 16-23



    9-1
    Dallas L 14-24



    9-1
    GB


    L 0-34




    9-1

    Going by our strengths on Offense and our apponents strengths on Defense we should match up well with all.
    The ones that stop the run fairly well seem to have problems with the pass and the ones that stop the pass have problems with the run.









    Rush Def Rank
    Pass Def Rank
    @ NYG





    7th










    18th

    Vs. Lions



    8th










    30th (Possible meltdown after loosing 2 straight)
    @ SF






    24th









    10th (QB issues, lost 8 in a row bad team)
    Vs. Bears



    26th









    22nd (Rex is back, maybe, Defense still thin/struggling)
    Vs. 'Skins



    10th









    23rd

    @ Denver


    28th










    4th (Young QB, can't stop the run might have quit by then)








    Off Run Rank

    Off Pass Rank
    Vikes






    1rst






    30th

    I really see only two games (on paper of course) were we could have a problem and believe we will loose one or both.
    Take one of them (Hopefully the Giants this weekend) and we should get on a roll.
    ;D

    Giants (Loss)
    The Giants pose the biggest threat, however we might be catching them at the right time........
    (Injuries - Burress, Jacobs)
    Eli is playing better but seems thier OL might still have some issues protecting him (15 sacks this year).

    Should be a good game, however, possibly the best candidate for a loss.

    Skins (Loss)
    Still to early to tell what thier injury report will look like but they have had a few issues with Hamstrings in thiers secondary of late.

    The do have a young QB who can be rattled but seems to play pretty well (11 TD's/8 Ints).
    Maybe our Pass rush will be a bit better and we can get a stick or two in on him.
    Take Portis out of the game (only 802 yds) and make him one dimensional and maybe we have a chance.

    Maybe just maybe they will be out of it by then and doing the normal Skins thing of packing in a game or two at the end.
    Might steal one here.

    Of course, we still have to play the games my friends.
    Might be a very good way to go out and have something to build on for the next year. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Agreed.
    You don't just quit when you are eliminated.

    Not only would AD be getting cheated out of his incentives in his contract, but what kind of example are you setting for plays by just quitting.
    And what kind of message are you sending to all of the other players?

    AD isn't a perfect RB yet.
    He still has room to learn.
    He also needs to get his body used to playing a schedule longer than 10 games.

    The right decision is to put him in when he is ready - not a game before or a game after.
    Quit?
    Who said anything about quitting?
    I really wish people would stop putting negative words into what I supposedly wrote.

    The rehab time (according to all of the reports I've read) is SIX WEEKS.
    The Detroit game will be THREE WEEKS after his injury.


    I love all of this concern over the "message" that you are sending to other players.
    The MESSAGE that will be sent is that the Vikings realize the future is Purple Jesus and there is no reason to risk aggravating an injury that could shut him down FOREVER.

    Message?
    I have a message for the team - stop fucking turning the ball over you morons.

    MESSAGE?
    Christ - when did this become the fucking Dr. Phil show?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=39838.msg676375#msg676375 date=1195493376]
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=39838.msg676372#msg676372 date=1195493002]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=39838.msg676369#msg676369 date=1195492795]
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=39838.msg676347#msg676347 date=1195490925]
    again, who cares we have a chance for a wildcard spot?
    we'd have to win every game, which we'd never succeed in. again, have to wait another year but right now, it's highly highly doubtful and unrealistically that we'd got into the playoffs
    That isn't even close to being true.
    The odds are high that at least one of the NFC wild cards spots will be held by an 8-8 team.
    The fact is that we are only two games out of being .500, so it is, in fact , attainable.
    Actually you are wrong i think, it's true that we'd have to win 2 games to be .500 but then we'd have to play 4 more games. so for going 8-8 we'd have to win 4 out of 2
    Yes, we would have to finish the season 4 and 2 to be .500.
    But that is not winning every game.
    Like I said earlier in this thread, a win against the Giants on Sunday would go a long way toward establishing the Viking's identity.
    And then we need to go 3-2...

    Is it attainable?
    Yes.
    Would you play AD to attain the 6th-seed in the playoffs?
    No.
    Against the Giants?
    No.
    Against the Lions?
    Depends on where his knee is.
    I don't want AD to go in before he is 100%.
    But as soon as he is he needs to play - regardless of our record.
    [/quote]

    For what purpose?
    If the Vikings have been eliminated from the playoffs (and I, honestly, feel they already have, just not officially) then what possible reason is there for AD to play?
    He won't be 100% healed by the end of the season (we have heard that from many sources) but he will be healthy enough to play (perhaps).
    So why suit him up?
    [/quote]

    Again, going on the assumption that if he is cleared to play by the medical staff then is he more important than all the other players risking injury?

    Should Birk, Hutch, EJ, Winfield, Leber, Greenway, CT etc sit just because they have nothing to play for and we don't want to risk getting them injured for a run next season?
    :
    [/quote]

    1.
    The medical staffs of NFL football teams are notorious for having neither the best interests of the player nor the long-term future as part of their decision process.

    2.
    AD is more important than anyone else on the team.
    To say anything less is folly.

    3.
    Internally to the team, there are already divisions set up based upon salary, starting position, etc. that designate some players as more "important" than others.

    4.
    These are PROFESSIONALS.
    Worrying about hurting their feelings is Oprahesque kaka del rio.

    5.
    If Winfield's hammy is still a problem, then, yes, he should be shut down in the last game of the season (or before - like the last 2 games).

    =Z=
    [/quote]
    Using a dime word like "Oprahesque" against my nickel mind isn't gonna sway me.

    Differences in salary and designations be damned.
    If we want to see this team quit on itself the best way to start is to coddle a rookie, no matter how good he is or could possibly be.

    If he is healthy, and I trust our medical staff as they made the call that he was draftable and ready to play this year, then play his ass.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Of course, we still have to play the games my friends.

    Might be a very good way to go out and have something to build on for the next year. ;D
    You build on next year by playing Tarvaris.
    You don't build on next year by risking Purple Jesus in a futile effort to finish as the 6th-seed.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #30
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers can clinch in NFC North in Week 13

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Using a dime word like "Oprahesque" against my nickel mind isn't gonna sway me.

    Differences in salary and designations be damned.
    If we want to see this team quit on itself the best way to start is to coddle a rookie, no matter how good he is or could possibly be.

    If he is healthy, and I trust our medical staff as they made the call that he was draftable and ready to play this year, then play his ass.

    ;D
    CODDLE?
    CODDLE??
    WTF is that?

    How do you possibly interpret waiting until he is fully healed (soonest:
    Week 16, according to stories) as coddling?

    And this isn't just a "rookie", and you know it, Marr.
    And the team knows it.

    I am in AWE of the way you are pushing to get Purple Jesus back into the lineup in a timetable that suits YOUR dreams, rather than the long-term future of the franchise.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings can clinch NFC North vs. Bears in two weeks
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 03:20 PM
  2. NFC North Division - can clinch in a week.
    By Bill in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 11:47 PM
  3. Packers can do it again in NFC North
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 03:48 PM
  4. New England can clinch AFC East by week 12...
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 10:22 AM
  5. Bears could clinch NFC North Week 12
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 09:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •