Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Packers bringing back Tauscher

"marstc09" wrote:
    Maybe, just maybe he was injured like they said he was going to be.
    They said a while ago he would not be healthy u til a couple games into the season.
    :
    You don't leave a talented cat sitting out there cause he might be dinged, especially if you thought there was a chance someone else might snatch him up.

Comeon, I know you know the cat and like him, but if he had even the slightest hint at being good again another team or the PUKERS would have already had him on thier roster.

I hope Tauscher well. but this is nothing more than a desparation move by the PUKERS.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    They said a while ago he would not be healthy u til a couple games into the season.
    :
    You don't leave a talented cat sitting out there cause he might be dinged, especially if you thought there was a chance someone else might snatch him up.

Comeon, I know you know the cat and like him, but if he had even the slightest hint at being good again another team or the PUKERS would have already had him on thier roster.

I hope Tauscher well. but this is nothing more than a desparation move by the PUKERS.

I kinda figured he would be a filler guy later in the season

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    :

Was it anything to do with a youth moment by Ted?

Was it anything to do with having a Vet on the roster day one costing more money?

As far as another team taking the chance on Tauscher, it is an iffy proposition in the minds of most GMs to take "old" vets that have recently been injured.
    There is a fear that they might fade, at least that is what I have heard from others.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    :

Was it anything to do with having a Vet on the roster day one costing more money?

As far as another team taking the chance on Tauscher, it is an iffy proposition in the minds of most GMs to take "old" vets that have recently been injured.
    There is a fear that they might fade, at least that is what I have heard from others.

All good points and plausable possibilities.
    It still all comes back to why didn't anyone else pick him up if he was 100% healthy.
    Hell, if he had the talent, someone would have signed him if he was even 90% or so.
    Would have given them nice depth at a cheap price if you ask me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

green hornet is offline Starter

He's not 100% healthy, but the packers are desperate for line help. If he was 100% healthy, the viqueens probably would of jumped all over him. They have a knack for picking up the packers aging castoffs.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"green" wrote:
    He's not 100% healthy, but the packers are desperate for line help. If he was 100% healthy, the viqueens probably would of jumped all over him. They have a knack for picking up the packers aging castoffs.
    You mean an aging QB who is 5-0 and beat your pathetic Packer team?

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "green" wrote:
    You mean an aging QB who is 5-0 and beat your pathetic Packer team?
    That would be the guy!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    :

All good points and plausable possibilities.
    It still all comes back to why didn't anyone else pick him up if he was 100% healthy.
    Hell, if he had the talent, someone would have signed him if he was even 90% or so.
    Would have given them nice depth at a cheap price if you ask me.
    That's a good point since there have been some teams decimated with injuries on the O-line, e.g. Bills, 'Skins.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    :

We should have done the same and Brought back Birk and Sharper

The youth thing is way too premature for both teams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12