Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    ...but I'm not ready to jump on the "he sucked because of bad coaching" carousel just yet.

    =Z=
    Why not? The ride is free and it's fun. Pass the bong.

  2. #12
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    ...but I'm not ready to jump on the "he sucked because of bad coaching" carousel just yet.

    =Z=
    Why not? The ride is free and it's fun. Pass the bong.
    Because I'm enjoying my time on the "Smoot sucked last year and he's gotta prove he ain't gonna suck this year before I embrace him" ride. Also free, also fun - and it's a lot less crowded so I get a whole row to myself.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    ...but I'm not ready to jump on the "he sucked because of bad coaching" carousel just yet.

    =Z=
    Why not? The ride is free and it's fun. Pass the bong.
    Because I'm enjoying my time on the "Smoot sucked last year and he's gotta prove he ain't gonna suck this year before I embrace him" ride. Also free, also fun - and it's a lot less crowded so I get a whole row to myself.

    =Z=
    That's a long title for a ride, no wonder nobody wants to ride it. How the hell did we start talking about Smoot rides in a Favre thread? I think I'll just get off all the rides and settle my stomach a bit. Maybe I'll take a quick twirl on the Napoleon Harris is a pussy roller coaster before I go home.

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    ...but I'm not ready to jump on the "he sucked because of bad coaching" carousel just yet.

    =Z=
    Why not? The ride is free and it's fun. Pass the bong.
    Because I'm enjoying my time on the "Smoot sucked last year and he's gotta prove he ain't gonna suck this year before I embrace him" ride. Also free, also fun - and it's a lot less crowded so I get a whole row to myself.

    =Z=
    That's a long title for a ride, no wonder nobody wants to ride it. How the hell did we start talking about Smoot rides in a Favre thread? I think I'll just get off all the rides and settle my stomach a bit. Maybe I'll take a quick twirl on the Napoleon Harris is a "meow" roller coaster before I go home.
    You're a big fan of the kiddie rides, eh?

    I'm going to go on the "Brett Favre may be a Packer and I hate him, but I do respect his accomplishments bumper cars" and do a few lonely laps right now.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Or because of one game. :wink:

    True, he gets paid more than he is worth. I expect him to have a much better season this year now that Cottrell isn't there to keep the DB's "hands tied" as Winfield pointed out last year.

    It irks me when people permanently hate on a player for one bad play or a game & forget all about what that player has contributed to his team throughout his career.l
    It irks me when people forget that said player has only been a Viking for ONE season, spent the entire pre-season hurt, had only 2 picks, defended only 7 passes in 11 games and generally made a fool of himself with his woofing on the field.

    Also - please remember - I've probably seen Fred Smoot play 10 times more than you have (and that's conservative) since I watched every Redskins game in his career, since I lived in Redskins country. He benefitted from having Champ Bailey on one side from 2001-2003 and Shawn Springs in 2004.

    Again - I want Smoot to succeed to justify the money. But he's *never* been a team's shut-down corner.

    =Z=
    I'm not referring soley to Smoot in my last comment or directly at you.

    In Smoots case it was the Carolina game last year. But there are many more players who were condemned by many other fans based on one play or one game, without forethought of their overall contibution to the team.

    Including Randy Moss in the Cardinals game.

    Anytime there is a player who leaves the Vikings, no matter how great they are/were, someone will say "Good riddence, I never liked him anyways" and they'll usually refer to one game or one instance to try & justify it & forget all that that player contributed to the team throughout his career.

    Gary Anderson, prime example.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #16
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    Singersp, they have a 2 for 1 deal going on the 'screw their contributions they are now enemies' ferris wheel.

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    "singersp" wrote:
    Gary Anderson, prime example.
    That wasn't Gary's fault. It was Pat Summerall's.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Gary Anderson, prime example.
    That wasn't Gary's fault. It was Pat Summerall's.

    =Z=
    It was Gary's son's fault. Remember when he broke the all-time scoring record and they asked his son who is favorite player was and he said Randy Moss?

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    ...but I'm not ready to jump on the "he sucked because of bad coaching" carousel just yet.

    =Z=
    Why not? The ride is free and it's fun. Pass the bong.
    Because I'm enjoying my time on the "Smoot sucked last year and he's gotta prove he ain't gonna suck this year before I embrace him" ride. Also free, also fun - and it's a lot less crowded so I get a whole row to myself.

    =Z=
    LOL. So either you're one of the few who can see the truth, or you're one of the few who is completely missing it. I've been on the "he sucked because of bad coaching" carousel for a while now, but I'm starting to get dizzy. I might get off and not get back on either ride until after Aug 14th...

    Back to Fav-re starting 16 games this season... I think it is pretty safe to assume that this will be his last season. That means that Fav-re's last game ever at Lambeau Field will be against The Minnesota Vikings! I am more than happy to help hand Brett a loss in his final home game ever! :grin:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Packers: Brett Favre Still The Man

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Singersp, they have a 2 for 1 deal going on the 'screw their contributions they are now enemies' ferris wheel.
    That explains alot.

    Do kids under 14 get to ride free? :wink:

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brett Favre: 'Packers will win it all!'
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
  2. Brett Favre: 'Packers will win it all!'
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 02:15 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 08:38 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
  5. Brett Favre Foils Al-Qaeda Plot to Bomb Brett Favre
    By Prophet in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 08:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •