Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Packers- Bears

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packers- Bears

"gagarr" wrote:
    Who the HELL was the Bears QB in the first half?

Were they filming a comedy, where the starting QB sends out his incompetent friend to play the first half while he chases the love of his life.
    Only to return in the 2nd half and win the game?

We'll they screwed up the ending!!

If Cutler would have played the whole game it wouldn't have been a contest.

I thought that was Grossman in the first half...
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I thought both teams looked sloppy. Drops and interceptions and missed opportunities. Typical of the second and third place teams from the NFC North!
    Cutler is god awful... I said it when he was in Denver and i'm saying it now. The Bears definatly should have kept Orton
    Yeah, that Pro-Bowl 25 yr old (?) QB has always been atrocious........

True, last night he was. I liked the series with three straight balls to Packers, all deserving of being picked off. Finally, on the third one they capitalized.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Wow, the packers 3-4 defense was REALLY aggresive.

The Bears OL couldn't handle the disguised blitzes, and they could not establish a run to take the pressure off from Cutler, who was definately affected by the constant pressure.

I hope the Vikings keep a close eye on that defense...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Green Bay had protection problems as well.
    Wally had no problem getting past his guy.
    Allen will have a field day.

Also, ESPN is reporting Urlacher likely out for season!!

Nighty night bears.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:

The Bears OL couldn't handle the disguised blitzes, and they could not establish a run to take the pressure off from Cutler, who was definately affected by the constant pressure.

I think we will be fine. The Packers 3-4 is new and no tape out yet so thanks to the Bears for giving us something to work on. They are very good dont get me wrong but by the time the Vikings play the packers there would be enough tape out there for them. By the way the Green Bay right tackle was a mess.
    They better get that sorted out quickly.

dfosterf is offline Coach

"mblack76" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I think we will be fine. The Packers 3-4 is new and no tape out yet so thanks to the Bears for giving us something to work on. They are very good dont get me wrong but by the time the Vikings play the packers there would be enough tape out there for them. By the way the Green Bay right tackle was a mess.
    Our RT was a one man wrecking crew.
    I am praying to the football Gods that Ted Thompson woke up this morning with a Free agent aquisition epiphany.
    Jon Runyan is no doubt on the cusp of being signed to the Iggles, and that is where Jon would like to be.
    If somehow, some way, a miracle (from a Puker fan perspective) occurs and Jon winds up in Green and Gold instead...The Pack would be able to shore up that major problem immediately.

So, in that game we exposed Cutler for what he can be.
    We showed that the transition to the 3-4 is not as big a learning curve for us that you all want to believe.
    We showed that our safeties might not be smart enough at times to play zone pass protection---Nick Collins is over-rated, imo--having no business being in a pro-bowl last year--that is a personal opinion.

Brian looks like he is done for the year, as mentioned.
    They missed him badly when he went out.
    That Bears defense softened so badly without him.
    It would take some serious major adjustments on their part to overcome that loss.
    We (PackersHome guys) watched your game also.
    You got some o-line problems also, in our opinion.
    It is a race to see who fixes what fastest, imo.

It's Pack vs. Vikes for the North.
    You know it. We know it. The Bears now know it.

Congrats, btw.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

At this point in time, the Vikings appear to be the team to beat in the NFCN.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I am praying to the football Gods that Ted Thompson woke up this morning with a Free agent aquisition epiphany.
    Jon Runyan is no doubt on the cusp of being signed to the Iggles, and that is where Jon would like to be.
    If somehow, some way, a miracle (from a Puker fan perspective) occurs and Jon winds up in Green and Gold instead...The Pack would be able to shore up that major problem immediately.

We showed that the transition to the 3-4 is not as big a learning curve for us that you all want to believe.
    We showed that our safeties might not be smart enough at times to play zone pass protection---Nick Collins is over-rated, imo--having no business being in a pro-bowl last year--that is a personal opinion.

It would take some serious major adjustments on their part to overcome that loss.

Congrats, btw.
    Nice post. I am one of those that thought the Packers D will be ready to play from game one.
    The Vikings dont see the 3-4 often and Bevel just said that it was a bit tough playing not only a team that uses the 3-4 but a team with a new D. So he expects the offense to get better.
    Its still early to say this Division is between the Packers and the Vikings as football always have a curve ball here and there.
    A game at a time but I was satisfied with the Vikings play and very impressed with the Packers D. what was it with the dropped balls with the Packers offense.
    Also did you notice that after the half for a brief period when Cutler was settled he was able to find seems and move the ball against your d? Was that a scheme issue or just a slow start by the Defense?
    Again thanks for the nice post and congrats too.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"dfosterf" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Congrats, btw.
    Pretty fair assessment.
    Bears were going to finish 3rd with or without Earlicker.

Cutler is what we thought he was. 3 first round picks? HaHaHaHaHaHa.

Bears gave you guys a bit more trouble than I expected.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

dfosterf is offline Coach

"mblack76" wrote:
    "dfosterf" wrote:
    "mblack76" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Congrats, btw.
    Nice post. I am one of those that thought the Packers D will be ready to play from game one.
    The Vikings dont see the 3-4 often and Bevel just said that it was a bit tough playing not only a team that uses the 3-4 but a team with a new D. So he expects the offense to get better.
    Its still early to say this Division is between the Packers and the Vikings as football always have a curve ball here and there.
    A game at a time but I was satisfied with the Vikings play and very impressed with the Packers D. what was it with the dropped balls with the Packers offense.
    Also did you notice that after the half for a brief period when Cutler was settled he was able to find seems and move the ball against your d? Was that a scheme issue or just a slow start by the Defense?
    Again thanks for the nice post and congrats too.
    In a bizarro twist I am blaming Barbre for some of those dropped balls.
    We were out of synch as a passing team.
    You gotta remember that Rodgers played a large part of last season hurt to a degree that he could not even practice.
    How did he get hurt?
    O line failure.
    We were late getting Barbre help, and were at the same time trying to exploit a perceived weakness of the Bears by going downfield...as in way downfield on (imo) too many plays.
    Perfect storm to get out of synch.
    Our WRs and Rodgers just might have been cutting routes short, etc. in order to attempt to make sure Rodgers didn't get killed out there. It's a theory.

In the 2nd half I thought Cutler took a page out of Collins book in that game Thur against the Steelers.
    He (they) made a pretty good adjustment at the same time that we went a little more (predictable?) and conservative on our D.
    We started stacking the box and daring him to beat us in the passing game, and started picking at us.
    The 3-4 is always going to be susceptible to the big play as well...The big question for Vikes fans will be can Brett deliver that deep ball, and will our "Steelers jr. hybrid" D have matured to a degree that minimizes that exposure.

We do seem to have about as good a remedy to try and stop AD and the other guy (sorry, running humor, there--what a duo) as is possible.
    It will boil down to if our offense can get up on your defense to the point that we can minimize the damage in the sense that we put your destiny in Brett's hands vs. AD and co.
    We can ball hawk on d better than ever, so this is an excellent question...perhaps THE question for our respective teams.

Of course it is early, but man that game last night had quite a bit of impact for our division, with the biggest one being Urlacher going down.
    Some are calling him over-rated.
    I suspect they did not watch that game last night, or perhaps had tipped a few too many.
    The only reason I happen to know what went on is because my wife wouldn't let me get any beer.

This is why we spend our days on these forums.
    Me?
    365--- Wound way too tight on the whole darn thing.
    God I love our rivalry.
    ;D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast