Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Nobody is saying they are not needed. I'm saying most people would be ecstatic making a minimum of $150,000 a year.
    I would.

My company makes millions upon millions of dollars of a year too, but that doesn't mean I'm entitled to make $150,000 a year minimum because of it & then demand a higher salary.
    What? You don't work for a major bank?

All I'm saying is $150,000 a year minimum seems quite satisfactory for a part time gig.
    The players only play a real game once a week too. Are you saying that is a part time gig?

I understand that the refs do other things and have other professions, but they are also the top people in the country at this job. It has taken many years at low pay to get there, and they have to know the rules inside and out. It also takes away their weekends, and sometimes their holidays, in the backside of their lives. It is sort of silly for a multibillion dollar league to try to shortchange these guys.

I do believe the NFL should have a referee committee of former refs and the league head ref to review personnel. If the officials want to be paid to be on top, they need to be the best and allow their performances to be under review in the booth.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Nobody is saying they are not needed. I'm saying most people would be ecstatic making a minimum of $150,000 a year.

My company makes millions upon millions of dollars of a year too, but that doesn't mean I'm entitled to make $150,000 a year minimum because of it & then demand a higher salary.

All I'm saying is $150,000 a year minimum seems quite satisfactory for a part time gig.
    Like the guys that are officiating the game right now.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Great and funny post. Packer fans should have won this game handily. They were playing a rookie qb that was being held close to the vest. It should have been an ass kicking. They give up 8 sacks and expect to win? Their great offense fumbles the ball at their two yard line and they luckily recover. Did they forget that? The reality is THEY DID NOT DESERVE TO WIN. They are a spoiled lot that usually gets calls to win games. It did not work out this time. Oh ya, tell that puzzie Rodgers to quit whining now.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    After further review, the Packers still suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

digital420 is online now Team Alumni
    After further review, the Packers still suck!

+100000

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234