Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    I did a pick sheet with my boss at work. I picked the Packers to miss the playoffs. Crown my ass.
    We're bringing purple back.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    It's about time the Packers got the short end of the stick ... they usually get all the calls ... epic fail ... nice to see them not get the call ....

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Packers got screwed. I'd be a little more upset about it if it happened to any other team outside the division but it didn't sooo
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Oh my god that game was so AWESOME!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

love!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbzz View Post
    I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I for one cannot wait for the NFL and the Refs to resolve their little bitch dispute and work out a fucking deal. This shit was fucking pathetic. I hate the Packers and want them to lose as much as the next Viking fan but this officiating is ruining the goddamn game. No way in HELL is that a touchdown! And what makes it worse is that the replacement "refs" even reviewed the play afterwards. Hopefully this game is the straw that breaks the camels back and gets a deal done. Pathetic.
    As I posted in another thread, how is this any different than any other game in any other year with any other refs?

There are MULTIPLE examples of the REAL Refs screwing the pooch and costing teams games. Remember the 2009 NFC Championship game? Or the 2002 Vikings-Packers game? Or the hundreds of other games where bad calls have influenced a game?

Fact is, this is no different than before, we are just more focused on it because the derogatory "Replacement Ref" term is being thrown about. But even Ed Hochuli has blown calls and blown games because of them. Ed stated after the 2008 Chargers-Bronco's game where he blew a call that cost Denver the game, " "It was really an easy play. Iíve thought many times why I did what I did. The best explanation is it was almost like dyslexia. I realized it was a fumble and did the wrong thing. I realized I was wrong but there was nothing I could do about it."

To me, the Refs aren't the difference. The Packers played poorly. They were also the recipient of several questionable Pass Interference calls, but couldn't score regardless. At the end of the day, while you don't LIKE to have the Refs cost you a game, it has happened before, and will happen again.

..regardless of who the Officials are.

Caine

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    I agree with Caine. The Vikings have been getting jobbed by regular refs for YEARS.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    As I posted in another thread, how is this any different than any other game in any other year with any other refs?

There are MULTIPLE examples of the REAL Refs screwing the pooch and costing teams games. Remember the 2009 NFC Championship game? Or the 2002 Vikings-Packers game? Or the hundreds of other games where bad calls have influenced a game?

Fact is, this is no different than before, we are just more focused on it because the derogatory "Replacement Ref" term is being thrown about. But even Ed Hochuli has blown calls and blown games because of them. Ed stated after the 2008 Chargers-Bronco's game where he blew a call that cost Denver the game, " "It was really an easy play. Iíve thought many times why I did what I did. The best explanation is it was almost like dyslexia. I realized it was a fumble and did the wrong thing. I realized I was wrong but there was nothing I could do about it."

To me, the Refs aren't the difference. The Packers played poorly. They were also the recipient of several questionable Pass Interference calls, but couldn't score regardless. At the end of the day, while you don't LIKE to have the Refs cost you a game, it has happened before, and will happen again.

..regardless of who the Officials are.

Caine

Your point is valid, but I don't agree that the replacement refs are of similar quality to the regular refs.

The replacement officials are over their heads. They can't handle the coaches, crowds or players. They are not confident enough to explain to the coaches why they called something a given way, they are not earning anyone's respect, and it's put them in a position that I don't think they can overcome at this point. You and I may as well be out there calling the game, or better yet, eliminate them all together and let the player's and coaches officiate themselves. It would be a better product.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I sure see alot of people jumping off the (The PUKERS, BORES and LIONs are gonna dominante) this year.

I need to go find that thread were I posted the reasons why they would all do bad and we could finish better in the division than most thought.

You know, the one were everyone disagree'd with me.
    Little early in the season for victory speeches.

hahaha I love seeing the fudge pack getting screwed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast