Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Re: Packers: All quiet on free agency front

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    It was a fluke season, I'm tellin you! Next year Favre will go back to his old self and throw around 20 Ints, and both their offense and defense will not get all the breaks they got this year.
    i hope so!!

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Personally I am interested to see if last season was an aberration or if we truly have the pieces in place to make a couple year run. Personally I think we will have a less impressive record but a better overall team this comming season, well that is dependant on the Favre decision.

If he retires.. I think we will take a step down, if he comes back an plays I think the above is true.

But the other thing we had this season was health.. a normal season probably doesn't do through with the type of health.

But to topic.. normal Ted approach.. very conservative, I am surprised he pulled the trigger on the Willams deal as quickly as he did.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"pack93z" wrote:
    Personally I am interested to see if last season was an aberration or if we truly have the pieces in place to make a couple year run. Personally I think we will have a less impressive record but a better overall team this comming season, well that is dependant on the Favre decision.

If he retires.. I think we will take a step down, if he comes back an plays I think the above is true.

But the other thing we had this season was health.. a normal season probably doesn't do through with the type of health.

But to topic.. normal Ted approach.. very conservative, I am surprised he pulled the trigger on the Willams deal as quickly as he did.
    You'll have to see if Grant can pull off two good seasons in a row as well. Two years ago it was all Samkon Gato & now I don't even hear his name.

What happened with that?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

You'll have to see if Grant can pull off two good seasons in a row as well. Two years ago it was all Samkon Gato & now I don't even hear his name.

What happened with that?
    Gado was traded to Houston...

for Vernand Morency i believe...

"singersp" wrote:

What happened with that?
    Gado was an interesting little player.. good player but just didn't seem to fit the ZBS scheme, he was more of a patient runner and too be honest to patient at times. Cut and go in the zone, the holes aren't driven open moreso. I am surprised he hasn't done much in Houston.

Grant, I think is a player, but an interesting fact on him.. look at the stats he put up, one monster game followed by a sub 100 performance. Either him, the line, or a combination of the two weren't consistent enough. The other thing that might be a sign of is wear.. either way we need a second back to step up and help carry the load. He also needs to work on his release in the passing game and blocking.. he got hammered a couple of times in pick up.

The other thing I want to see is if Hall can take another step in growth at the FB spot.. he had his share of struggles, especially early in the year. He isn't a mauler type of block and can get stuffed in the hole.. he needs be able to drive out the blockers more consistently.

2007 Packers=2001 Bears:
    Both 13-3 with a young team. Overachievers!
    Both lost at home to NFC East in playoffs.
    Neither did/do anything (meaningful) in free agency.

2002 Bears= 4-12
    2008 Packers=????

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    2007 Packers=2001 Bears:

2002 Bears= 4-12
    2008 Packers=????
    Very true.. or the 06' Bears for that fact.. but one thing they lacked was stability at QB.. if Favre returns I think 4-12 is fairly impossible, however with Rodgers, one will have little idea until he has to play for a couple weeks straight.. it shall be an interesting season.

But with that said, I really don't think adding players just to add players will improve our changes any more.. we need an impact player at Nickel, and the Guards up front, to me there is very little in terms of high impact player at either position in FA. IMO.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

im confused on why the pack are interested in gettin jason taylor
    any answers there pack?

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    im confused on why the pack are interested in gettin jason taylor
    any answers there pack?
    Well, that one kind of has my head hurting a little, a 2nd and 4th is too much IMO. The reasons they are looking to had some edge rush is late in the season, KGB and to a degree Kampman wore down and provided little in terms of consistent pass rush. So I think they are looking for another rotational type player, but just doesn't seem to fit. Jenkin's is fairly stout on the run and KGB provides the pass rush.. but to add another situational player doesn't seem to fit.

The quiet little murur out of Green Bay is that it is leverage attempt to get KGB to lighten his salary up for the year with the possiblity of replacement.. KGB is a liablility in the running game where Taylor is a little more stout.. that I might buy.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"pack93z" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    2007 Packers=2001 Bears:

2002 Bears= 4-12
    2008 Packers=????
    Very true.. or the 06' Bears for that fact.. but one thing they lacked was stability at QB.. if Favre returns I think 4-12 is fairly impossible, however with Rodgers, one will have little idea until he has to play for a couple weeks straight.. it shall be an interesting season.

But with that said, I really don't think adding players just to add players will improve our changes any more.. we need an impact player at Nickel, and the Guards up front, to me there is very little in terms of high impact player at either position in FA. IMO.
    Not a bad situation to have with so few issues. The only problem I thought you'd have is if the old man retires the market for a veteran backup has dried up and Aaron Rodgers has had injury issues in his short career.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast