Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packer fans will be cheering for the Vikings next Sunday

"capackfan4lyfe87]<br" wrote:

This could be Favre's last game?!?!?!?
    He's been playing that card for the last 3 years!!!!
    Scalpers have been raking it in by beating that horse to death.
    The networks and the so-called experts have waved that flag so many times that no one -aside from Favre-o-philes - even pay attention anymore.

Ask anyone who follows Hockey about Wayne Gretsky's last game.
    He announced he was retiring, he played his final season out, and he RETIRED.
    Favre, on the other hand, hints around about retiring, hems and haws, Gives reporters the "Awww, shucks, fellers....I might not want to play anymore" routine EVERY season.
    As a result of his constant fence jumping, this game is about as special as the Browns-Texans game today...unless you're a Favre-o-phile, of course.

The TRUTH is, the BEST thing Favre could do for the Packers right now is to actually RETIRE.
    The added cap space would allow the Packers to actually go about rebuilding.
    As it is, HE is hamstringing that effort.

And, does anyone actually believe that this will be his last season?
    I don't.
    I'll cover why below...

[quote author=capackfan4lyfe87]and I'm not sure I see the Packers getting worse. They are the youngest team in football and as the season has gone on the young players have gotten more experience and the team has played better. They just need some new freakin safeties and TE who can actually catch the ball. Of course, I also think they need a new DC because I don't think Sanders has what it takes to get the job done, and they also need a new DB's coach because Schotty freakin sucks
    The biggest reason that the Packers didn't look completely horrible is the fact that they were blessed with one of the EASIEST schedules in the NFL this season (Chicago had the easiest...go figure).
    Take a good look at who you guys face NEXT season.
    Instead of the AFC East, our Division gets the AFC West.
    Instead of the NFC West, we get the NFC East.
    In short, instead of the weakest Divisions, we play the TOUGHEST Divisions in BOTH Conferences.

All the mistakes and errors that were covered by playing bad teams this season will all come CREAMING to the forefront.
    Keep in mind, this isn't a Packer rip, the Vikings are in just as bad of a situation.
    We played POORLY against some very BAD teams this season and unless DRASTIC changes occur, we are in serious trouble next season...but the Packers are in every bit as bad of a situation.
    You guys were NOT a good football team this season, and barring amazing acquisitions and miraculous development, I don't look for major leaps forward next season either.

Caine

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Don't all Packer fans secretly cheer for the Vikings?

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Didn't we cheer for the Packers against the Bears so that we'd have a chance for the playoffs, and then the Packers screwed up? I'd say lets screw them over and lose, except for the fact that I don't want
    to lose...
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

capackfan4lyfe87 is offline Training Camp

"Caine" wrote:
    [quote]
    "capackfan4lyfe87]<br" wrote:
    [quote]

This could be Favre's last game?!?!?!?
    He's been playing that card for the last 3 years!!!!
    Scalpers have been raking it in by beating that horse to death.
    The networks and the so-called experts have waved that flag so many times that no one -aside from Favre-o-philes - even pay attention anymore.

Ask anyone who follows Hockey about Wayne Gretsky's last game.
    He announced he was retiring, he played his final season out, and he RETIRED.
    Favre, on the other hand, hints around about retiring, hems and haws, Gives reporters the "Awww, shucks, fellers....I might not want to play anymore" routine EVERY season.
    As a result of his constant fence jumping, this game is about as special as the Browns-Texans game today...unless you're a Favre-o-phile, of course.

The TRUTH is, the BEST thing Favre could do for the Packers right now is to actually RETIRE.
    The added cap space would allow the Packers to actually go about rebuilding.
    As it is, HE is hamstringing that effort.

And, does anyone actually believe that this will be his last season?
    I don't.
    I'll cover why below...

"capackfan4lyfe87]and" wrote:

The biggest reason that the Packers didn't look completely horrible is the fact that they were blessed with one of the EASIEST schedules in the NFL this season (Chicago had the easiest...go figure).
    Take a good look at who you guys face NEXT season.
    Instead of the AFC East, our Division gets the AFC West.
    Instead of the NFC West, we get the NFC East.
    In short, instead of the weakest Divisions, we play the TOUGHEST Divisions in BOTH Conferences.

All the mistakes and errors that were covered by playing bad teams this season will all come CREAMING to the forefront.
    Keep in mind, this isn't a Packer rip, the Vikings are in just as bad of a situation.
    We played POORLY against some very BAD teams this season and unless DRASTIC changes occur, we are in serious trouble next season...but the Packers are in every bit as bad of a situation.
    You guys were NOT a good football team this season, and barring amazing acquisitions and miraculous development, I don't look for major leaps forward next season either.

Caine

Oh trust me, I know they weren't good, but they were better this season than they were last season. I do think they will be a better team next year........but, they'll probably finish with a worse record, because of their tough schedule.

its also why I don't think the Bears are anything special. They've had an incredibly easy schedule and when they did face good teams(NE for instance) they lost.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234