Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Packer fans will be cheering for the Vikings next Sunday

LATEST SCENARIO BREAKDOWN:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3236130
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Green Bay Packers can clinch playoff berth with ...

Win, Giants win, and clinching strength of victory tiebreaker over Giants (Packers clinch strength of victory tiebreaker over Giants if all of the following occur: Cardinals win, Lions win, Dolphins win, Vikings win, 49ers win, Panthers lose, Texans lose, Buccaneers lose. If Packers and Giants end up tied in strength of victory, then tie will be decided by best strength of schedule.)
    Giants won

Do we need to lose to keep the Pukers out?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"WVV" wrote:
    Green Bay Packers can clinch playoff berth with ...

Win, Giants win, and clinching strength of victory tiebreaker over Giants (Packers clinch strength of victory tiebreaker over Giants if all of the following occur: Cardinals win, Lions win, Dolphins win, Vikings win, 49ers win, Panthers lose, Texans lose, Buccaneers lose. If Packers and Giants end up tied in strength of victory, then tie will be decided by best strength of schedule.)
    Giants won

Do we need to lose to keep the Pukers out?

I think so... If we lose I believe GB is automatically out.. So therefore, if we lose, we get a better draft pick,a nd knock GB out of the playoffs..

All in favor of losing say I.....

I..............

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Packer fans will be cheering for the Vikings,and the Vikings fans will be booing for the Vikings : I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

after the giants win tonight, the packers have a 5,000 to 1 chance of getting in the playoffs. LOL
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The only thing Packer fans have to look forward to:

[img width=48 height=26]http://www.dancer.nildram.co.uk/Smilies/sheep.gif[/img]

capackfan4lyfe87 is offline Training Camp

uh, you guys did realise that the Vikings didn't have to win for the Packers to get into the playoffs. If the Rams won the Pack would just have to hope the Panthers or Falcons won. None of that matters anyway now that the Giants won. Packers would need like 6 crappy teams to beat good teams, which is not happening. I mean, hoping the Cardinals beat the Chargers, Lions beat the Cowboys, Miami beat Indy, Niners beat Denver, etc. Hell would have to freeze over

no Packer fan should be upset with how this season has gone, they have a shot to double their win total from last year and could finish with a nice 5-1 record against division opponents

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"capackfan4lyfe87" wrote:
    uh, you guys did realise that the Vikings didn't have to win for the Packers to get into the playoffs. If the Rams won the Pack would just have to hope the Panthers or Falcons won. None of that matters anyway now that the Giants won. Packers would need like 6 crappy teams to beat good teams, which is not happening. I mean, hoping the Cardinals beat the Chargers, Lions beat the Cowboys, Miami beat Indy, Niners beat Denver, etc. Hell would have to freeze over

no Packer fan should be upset with how this season has gone, they have a shot to double their win total from last year and could finish with a nice 5-1 record against division opponents
    1st:
    Yes, we realize that the odds of Green Bay making the post season just got a lot longer.
    Even if you beat the Bears (Very unlikely), if either the Vikings or Lions lose, it's all over.
    More likely, Chicago will beat you and render the entire issue moot.
    What's funny about this is the fact that the Pecker-Bear game was bounced to the Sunday nighter because of the possible drama, yet the game could easily be rendered irrelevant by any number of games earlier in the day...and I'm betting heavily that it will be.

2: You're absolutely right, the Peckers had a much better season than they had any right to expect or hope for.
    However, seeing the teams on deck for next season, if Favre wants to leave on an up note, this is about as up as it's likely to get.
    Look for the Peckers to return to the bottom of the power rankings in '07.

Caine

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "capackfan4lyfe87" wrote:

1st:
    Yes, we realize that the odds of Green Bay making the post season just got a lot longer.
    Even if you beat the Bears (Very unlikely), if either the Vikings or Lions lose, it's all over.
    More likely, Chicago will beat you and render the entire issue moot.
    What's funny about this is the fact that the Pecker-Bear game was bounced to the Sunday nighter because of the possible drama, yet the game could easily be rendered irrelevant by any number of games earlier in the day...and I'm betting heavily that it will be.

2: You're absolutely right, the Peckers had a much better season than they had any right to expect or hope for.
    However, seeing the teams on deck for next season, if Favre wants to leave on an up note, this is about as up as it's likely to get.
    Look for the Peckers to return to the bottom of the power rankings in '07.

Caine
    Simply put...the Bears will hang 5 INTs on Favre...giving him the INT record...and sending the Pukers home for the season!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

capackfan4lyfe87 is offline Training Camp

to be honest, I believe the main reason why the Packers/Bears game was moved to Sunday Night was because of the possibility that it could be Favre's last game. Of course the fact that it WOULD have had some sort of playoff implications played factor to. Either way, living in CA I'll at least get to see another Packers game on TV

and I'm not sure I see the Packers getting worse. They are the youngest team in football and as the season has gone on the young players have gotten more experience and the team has played better. They just need some new freakin safeties and TE who can actually catch the ball. Of course, I also think they need a new DC because I don't think Sanders has what it takes to get the job done, and they also need a new DB's coach because Schotty freakin sucks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast