"Caine" wrote:
Green Bay's problems are just begining...and they're only going to get worse.

1: Hired Ted "Tight Wad" Thompson to be the GM - This guy doesn't believe in Free Agency...he's a Draft guy (supposedly). So, Free Agents aren't high on his list. That's the first reason they aren't getting people to sign there.

2: Let the guy who SHOULD have been their Head Coach slip through their fingers, and hired a guy who lead New Orleans Offense for 4 years, and San Fran's for 1. Now, I don't know about you, but when I think of Offensive Juggernauts, these two teams don't exactly spring to mind. So, MacCarthy is in, and Bates - the guy who made a no-talent Defense respectable - took a walk.

3: Lost pretty much their entire Offensive line. I don't care who you have throwing, catching, or running, if you have no O-Line, you've got SQUAT.

4: Haven't even remotely attempted to replace any of the quality players they've lost over the last 3 years.

5: QB controversy reigns as Favre plays the waiting game with them...AGAIN. Will Brett come back to a No-Hope team, or will Rodgers finally get to prove he really was a bad choice? At this point, it doesn't matter who the signal caller is in Green Bay, he's in for a very rough and painful season.

6: WR controversy with Walker saying, "I'd rather retire than play in Green Bay". OUCH!!!! That leaves Donald "Inconsistant" Driver and Robert "owie-owie-owie" Ferguson as their primary receivers. Of course, with zero time in the pocket, look for them to make a lot of 3-5 yd catches, and get hit immediately.

No, if you are a Free Agent, and you're looking for a place to make an impact, score mass cash, and possibly make the Superbowl, do you go to Green Bay? HECK NO!!! You go to Houston before you go the GB, because at least it's warm there!!!

And there you have it, bad GM, bad HC, no talent left, lots of unspent cap money...it all adds up to Green Bay shooting for the #1 overall pick next year.

Who's lovin' it?

I'M LOVIN' IT!!!!

Caine
Awesome write up. You just made my morning :grin: