Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Pack interested in Jason Taylor?

"pack93z" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    of course they are scared, that is all the material they ever have.
    Come on now.. there are better things to banter about with Viking lore.. From a Viking fan no less....
    :P

#10) Dec. 28, 2003: On fourth-and-25 from the Vikings' 28, Arizona's Josh McCown hits Nate Poole for a touchdown as time expires to prevent the Vikings from advancing to the playoffs and sending the Packers in their place.

#9) March 2, 2005: On this date, Randy Moss was traded to the Oakland Raiders. In return, getting Twill and a bust out LB in Harris in return.

#8) Jan. 11, 1970: Super Bowl IV: After the Vikings cut the Chiefs' lead to 16-7 in the third quarter and capture momentum, Otis Taylor takes a short pass, breaks a couple of tackles and runs 46 yards for a score in a 23-7 victory.

# 7) Jan. 13, 1974: Super Bowl VIII: Trailing 17-0 in the first half, the Vikings move 74 yards to the Miami 6. On fourth-and-1 from the 6, Oscar Reed fumbles, and the Vikings never threaten again in a 24-7 loss.

#6) Jan. 12, 1975: Super Bowl IX: With the Vikings trailing 2-0 at halftime, Bill Brown fumbles the second-half kickoff, the Steelers recover and end up scoring what turned out to be the clinching touchdown in a 16-7 victory.

#5) Jan. 9, 1977: Super Bowl XI: In the first quarter, the Vikings' Fred McNeill blocks a punt by Ray Guy -- the first punt Guy ever had blocked -- and the Vikings take over at the Raiders' 3-yard line. But two plays later, Brent McClanahan fumbles, the Raiders recover and drive for the first score of the game and the momentum in a 32-14 victory.

#4) Jan. 14, 2001: NFC Championship Game: The heavily favored Vikings commit five turnovers and are outgained 518 yards to 114 and outscored 34-0 in the first half of a stunning 41-0 loss to the New York Giants.

#3) Oct. 12, 1989: The Herschel Walker trade: The Vikings trade Issiac Holt, David Howard, Darrin Nelson, Jesse Solomon, Alex Stewart and what ends up to be three first-round picks, three second-rounds picks, a third-round pick and a sixth-round pick to Dallas. The Cowboys use the picks to select Emmitt Smith and others to help them win three Super Bowls.

#2) Jan. 17, 1999: NFC Championship Game: With the Vikings leading 27-20, Gary Anderson misses a 37-yard field-goal attempt with 6:07 remaining against Atlanta -- his first miss of the season. The Falcons go on to score the tying touchdown and beat the Vikings 30-27 in overtime.

#1) Dec. 28, 1975: NFC divisional playoff game: The Cowboys defeat the Vikings 17-14 on a last-second, 50-yard Hail Mary pass from Roger Staubach to Drew Pearson, who appears to push Nate Wright to the ground before making the catch and jogging into the end zone. A personal favorite of sorts... after watching Chris Carter get away with bloody murder for years..

The lack of trophies is just an after thought that most Packer fans utilize because the list is just to long..
    ;D
    :'( :'( :'( :'(I don't like you...
    :'( :'( :'( :'(
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"pack93z" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Sounds like you are a bit afraid, 93z...afraid that the Vikings will finally bring that Super Bowl trophy home to roost and take away one of the "old reliable" digs that you Pack fans seem to always fall back on. Trust me, I am a Yankees fan and I know how it looks from the other side.
    :P
    Yep.. shaking in my boot at the thought..

Seriously though.. IMO it wouldn't impact it as much as on thinks.. I agree with Marr here.. you have the pieces in place with some youth to bring along..

If the Packers are looking to aquire Taylor it is because they doubt KGB will be ready to go and effective this year.. otherwise it doesn't fit the Packers plan to date under Thompson. I don't see him trading a pick of high value for a player in decline.
    Correct. I don't think he would be worth the price for either team. I would be shocked if this guy has any desire to polka in Green Bay.

Or Mpls.for that matter.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Packers: Deal for Taylor faces hurdles [/size]

FRI., JUN 20, 2008 - 8:36 AM

By JASON WILDE
    608-252-6176
    [email protected]
    madison.com

The Green Bay Packers have expressed an interest in disgruntled Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, but their inquiries about the "Dancing with the Stars" star have only been preliminary, and a deal remains unlikely at this point, an NFL source said Thursday.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]Match not made in heaven [/size]

Taylor covets bigger market, sources say

By GREG A. BEDARD
    [email protected]
    jsonline.com

Posted: June 20, 2008

Green Bay - The Green Bay Packers might have at least some interest in trading for Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, but the curiosity isn't mutual at the moment....

Taylor has spoken.........no way he goes to GB.

Sorry cheesdicks, not even Culpepper wants to play there.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    Taylor has spoken.........no way he goes to GB.

Sorry cheesdicks, not even Culpepper wants to play there.
    First Pepp, now Taylor, sucks to be a fan of a team that no quality Vets want to come play for.

I am sure the PUKER fans aren't worried though.....Build through the draft right PUKER boys..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Green Bay is turning into the old "Pre-Favre" Green Bay, when coaches used to threaten their worst players with "I'll send you to play in Green Bay."

Players used to look at GB as a wasteland... and it's happening again.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    Green Bay is turning into the old "Pre-Favre" Green Bay, when coaches used to threaten their worst players with "I'll send you to play in Green Bay."

I forgot about that little piece of history.
    Thanks my friend.
    You just made my day.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:

Yeah, Reggie White had to go there and screw that all up >

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123