Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pack good?

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pack good?

I can't understand how they got all that victories with that crappy running game.

It defies logic

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    I can't understand how they got all that victories with that crappy running game.

It defies logic
    They've benefitted from the shoddy NFC play over the course of the season.
    Both Green Bay and Dallas have played above the level of the NFC...which isn't saying much.
    The difference is, I think Dallas actually has a shot against some of the better AFC teams...they are far more balanced.

Sooner or later the lack of a run game will bite Green Bay...I'm thinking it will be Thursday.

Caine

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

It defies logic
    They've benefitted from the shoddy NFC play over the course of the season.
    Both Green Bay and Dallas have played above the level of the NFC...which isn't saying much.
    The difference is, I think Dallas actually has a shot against some of the better AFC teams...they are far more balanced.

Sooner or later the lack of a run game will bite Green Bay...I'm thinking it will be Thursday.

Caine

Very true man

They have barely squeeked by on some games.. Against some below average teams (Vikes, Philly etc.)

But Ryan Grant is coming along very nice.. 2 or 3 100 yard games in the last 3..

Pack are scary and are hitting their stride

We will see for sure who they when they go on the road and take on a powerhouse

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I hate this.

A guy starts a new thread and people come in and speak their mind; most of whom disagree.
    Then the topic starter never responds to anything.

I ignore people like this.

Very weak!

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"billvike" wrote:
    Now let me start bye saying if this has already been posted my bad but b4 all the "bleeding heart" packers fans jump on and trash our board the packers have the weakest schedule of anyone and havent played anyone thats even a threat this yr the only team coming up for the packers thats "hard" is the cowboys which i believe the cowboys will win the only reason im posting about this topic it irritates me how the announcers jump on the packers bandwagon and how there so good look at the schedule and give me ur opion i think there weak weak weak. they wont make very far in the playoffs anyways. sorry just saying that coming from a die hard vikes fan im getting sick of hearing of mr. farve and the packers are so freaking good. I DONT THINK SO!!!
    Dude...They trounced us pretty hardcore. I hate them as much as you do, but you must give credit where credit is due: They are for real.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"ArizonaPackerFan" wrote:
    "billvike" wrote:
    look at the schedule and give me ur opion i think there weak weak weak. they wont make very far in the playoffs anyways. sorry just saying that coming from a die hard vikes fan im getting sick of hearing of mr. farve and the packers are so freaking good. I DONT THINK SO!!!
    Me neither. The Packers are the youngest team in the league and are rebuilding this year. Wait until next year
    You have to be careful with statement like this.
    While statistically, you are correct, they are the youngest.
    When you start to look at some of the key positions like QB and CB you start to see their age.
    They are really young at WR and RB and in other areas... but in my mind, two of the most impactful positions are QB and CB... those positions score points and give up points and the learning curve in both positions can be painful.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Man I hate to say it, but I hope the Pack beat the snot out of the Plowboys.

ArizonaPackerFan is offline Training Camp

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "ArizonaPackerFan" wrote:
    "billvike" wrote:
    look at the schedule and give me ur opion i think there weak weak weak. they wont make very far in the playoffs anyways. sorry just saying that coming from a die hard vikes fan im getting sick of hearing of mr. farve and the packers are so freaking good. I DONT THINK SO!!!
    Me neither. The Packers are the youngest team in the league and are rebuilding this year. Wait until next year
    You have to be careful with statement like this.
    While statistically, you are correct, they are the youngest.
    When you start to look at some of the key positions like QB and CB you start to see their age.
    They are really young at WR and RB and in other areas... but in my mind, two of the most impactful positions are QB and CB... those positions score points and give up points and the learning curve in both positions can be painful.
    You make valid points. The age of the CBs is my biggest concern. The rest of the defense is pretty young, but if we don't have some decent CBs waiting in the wings, the defense could be in trouble if Harris or Woodson lose a step any time soon.

QB is interesting though. We can't expect another Favre, but I posed the question in a Packer forum. If Favre retired, would the Packers still have the best QB in the division? Rodgers is a former 1st rounder waiting in the wings. He's had time to learn instead of getting tossed into the fire like Alex Smith who took a pounding. Rodgers could turn out to be a bust, but he offers the Packers at least some hope while most of our rivals in the NFC North still have questions about their QB of the future. If he could develop like a Matt Hasselbeck did, the Packers could still go on and be competitive after Favre without slipping too much. But if Rodgers is a bust, the Packers will struggle. It's hard to predict what to expect from Rodgers, but at least he offers a ray of hope.

Even if Rodgers fails though, I like the way the Packers have built with youth to build a good foundation. I can't stand the way the Redskins toss money around at high priced free agents and never get anywhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123