Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pack good?

Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: Pack good?

"billvike" wrote:
    thats everyones opion i just dont believe it and we'll all see if they get to the superbowl they arnt gonna beat the patriots believe that.

I Respect your opinion Billvike...but if they lose to the patriots it doesn't mean they are not a good team....It could mean that the Pats were just better?? I think GB will get beat if they make it to the SB but the packers are winning games and Farve is playing as good as ever. He's leading a fairly young team and they are responding by making plays for him. The Season is a long way from being over, but Green Bay has showed....I believe by performance that they are indeed a good team.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Well...it's been a long time since I posted on here but after seeing possibly the stupidest post of the decade, by Billvike, I am forced to respond.

GB's combined opponents they have beaten records are 49-52
    Dal combined opponents they have beaten records are 41-60
    NE combined opponents they have beaten records are 50-53 (they have beaten Dal and Jets accounting fore the 2 extra games due to Thanksgiving).

So, as you can see, the Packers strength of victories based on opposing teams records is pretty much equal to the Patriots and better than the Cowboys.

If you feel the need to say this about any team, it should be the Cowboys.

Every team the Packers have beaten is .500 or better besides Vikings at 4-6(twice), Carolina at 4-6 and KC at 4-6.
    So..essentially it could be said that if anything is bringing down the strength of victory it is your mighty purple warriors 4-6 record accounting for 2 of the wins.

I'm not saying this to say that the Packers are as good as New England and better than Dallas, I am saying it merely to point out how stupid your post is Billvike.

I will say this....the Packers offense is definitely comparable to Dallas and the Packers Defense is better than Dallas Defense.
    Dallas my have a slight edge in the game only because it is in Dal and there are some injured Packers(Woodson, KGB) that are uncertain to play.
    This being said, I would not be surprised at all if the Packers win.

As far as them getting all this attention by the media for being good - this is a bunch of BS too.
    The media, in fact, until recently was trying to discredit the Packers.
    They do this all the time to try to make it look like they actually have football knowledge when a team that they predicted to be bad, turns out to be good.
    Even though the Packers beat the Giants in week 2(pretty easily, in fact), just 3 weeks ago most of the media was saying the Giants were a better team because "they weren't the same team" when GB beat them.

Until you get a clue little Billy Vike, please quit trying to pretend you know what you are talking about when it comes to football.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"billvike" wrote:
    thats everyones opion i just dont believe it and we'll all see if they get to the superbowl they arnt gonna beat the patriots believe that.
    This is funny.
    You really offered zero explanation why they are not good other than their schedule.
    You banter on about them getting beat by Dallas.

Then, other members chime in and speak their mind and most saying they are good.

You only response to that is that the Pats will beat them if they meet in the Super Bowl?

Hello...just because you get beat in the Super Bowl does not mean you suck.

I wouldn't worry about the Packer fans storming in here giving a crap about what you think.
    I would worry about the intelligent football fans here that although they may hate Green Bay, they are smart enough to realize GB is pretty darn good this year.
    Especially considering the amount of talk before the season about their D, their run game, and Favre.
    I am pretty impressed with what they have done and I respect that.
    I respect teams that play good football.
    I do not like it and I wish it were us, but I respect it like I respect the game.

If the Vikings were 10-1 would you be going around saying we are not as good as people are making us out to be?
    Hell no you wouldn't.

ArizonaPackerFan is offline Training Camp

"billvike" wrote:
    look at the schedule and give me ur opion i think there weak weak weak. they wont make very far in the playoffs anyways. sorry just saying that coming from a die hard vikes fan im getting sick of hearing of mr. farve and the packers are so freaking good. I DONT THINK SO!!!
    Me neither. The Packers are the youngest team in the league and are rebuilding this year. Wait until next year

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    Well...it's been a long time since I posted on here but after seeing possibly the stupidest post of the decade, by Billvike, I am forced to respond.
    Welcome back Inferior Barfly...
    I have a feeling that when billvike wakes up in the morning he will have no recollection of his post.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"billvike" wrote:
    Wow, that is some great info on the subject.

Of all the teams in the NFL Green Bay has the best chance of beating the Patriots I do believe.
    Their pass D is good, great linebacking core, and they have the most important thing that most teams don't that have played the Patriots.
    An awesome pass rush.
    Look at the Indy game, the reason Brady wasn't on top for early parts was because Freeny was in the back field and he was getting pressured.
    With Freeny out Indy doesn't have a chance against the Patriots, Brady will have all day and then some.
    Both teams are pass now and think about running later.
    The Patriots were rushing the ball well with Morris and Maroney, but with only Maroney in the backfield I would put New Englands run game equal to Green Bay.
    Then what it really comes down to is Brady vs. Favre.
    Wouldn't that be a great matchup.
    It would come down to who could pass the ball more against the other team.
    And not knocking Manning, I think he's a better passer than Favre, but I have always thought Favre was better under pressure, and I would rank him in the top level of 2 min. drive QBs.
    I think a Green Bay New England matchup would great for the NFL.
    And it will be a great game of Dallas vs. Green Bay as well.
    And personally if Greenbay is healthy enough I think they can shut down T.O. and win that ballgame.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I don't have enough energy to try to argue that a 10-1 team is not good.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

speaking of the pack tho..

is the Cowboys vs Packers game going to be aired locally (minnesota) at all..? or is it going to be exclusively on the NFL Network.
    I hate thursday night games.. i get excited every year cuz its 1 more game a week (well, on a different day), then i realise i can't watch them

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

fanfrom1969 is offline Rookie

"Schutz" wrote:
    "billvike" wrote:
    Wow, that is some great info on the subject.

Of all the teams in the NFL Green Bay has the best chance of beating the Patriots I do believe.
    Their pass D is good, great linebacking core, and they have the most important thing that most teams don't that have played the Patriots.
    An awesome pass rush.
    I agree. I also agree( begrudgingly) that they are good. The've basically said "we're gonna run 4-5 solid receivers at you with a hall of fame qb throwing- and see if you can stop us. But here's an observation- call it what you will: If the officials were consistent in calling off. holding- the Packers would be looking a little different. Granted, much off. holding is subtle and can be difficult to call, but the officials tend to side with the better qbs. If this is not true, then you may be looking at one of the better O-lines in modern history(doubtful). I'd say this if Farve was the Vikes qb as well. I'm a Tarheel (college bb) and Celtics fan as well and I'll be the first to admit calls tend to go our way when we're at home- it's not right but I've been a fan a long time- it's reality.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Pack good?
    No, they suck. We gonna go into their house and smack them around. Oh wait...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast