cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Pack fans watching "Days of our Brett"

Anyone watching a couple days of Green Bay practices will tell you that quarterback Brett Favre hasn’t looked very sharp. One local reporter said he’s been completing about 53 percent of his throws in 7-on-7 drills and in team drills. He went one stretch on Wednesday where he completed only one of five passes, including one batted down at the line of scrimmage.

“Brett and the offense really isn’t in rhythm right now,” said first-year head coach Mike McCarthy. “We’re installing plays into our offense while the defense has been playing a lot of man coverage. What I mean is that we’re not running plays to beat what the defense is throwing at us and so they’ve looked better a lot of times. But it’s way too early to be jumping to any conclusions about Brett and the offense.”

The Packers have been holding Ahman Green out of drills and expect to keep it that way for another week or so. GM Ted Thompson said he hopes that Green can see some live action in the third preseason game, Aug. 28, in Cincinnati against the Bengals.

Meanwhile, Samkon Gado and Noah Herron are receiving the bulk of the work in camp. Gado even got drilled by No. 1 pick A.J. Hawk near the sidelines and took a few seconds to gather himself.

A very young team, Green Bay appears to have had an excellent draft when you consider that two rookies, Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz, are projected to be the starters at left and right guard, respectively. I realize it is early but second-round pick Greg Jennings from Western Michigan looks as good as any returning veteran at wide receiver. He may end up being the best receiver in this year’s draft.

On the downside, special teams could be looking for a kicker. Billy Cundiff hasn’t impressed anyone and there’s a very good chance that Jon Ryan from Regina, Canada could beat out former third-round pick B.J. Sander for the punting job.

:evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pack fans watching "Days of our Brett"

I hope they still don't worship cheeseboy when they go 4-12 and he throws 35 interceptions.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    I hope they still don't worship cheeseboy when they go 4-12 and he throws 35 interceptions.
    They could go 0-16 and they would still worship Favre, remember he is a God! :roll:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    They could go 0-16 and they would still worship Favre, remember he is a God! roll
    I thought God was perfect? :smile:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    A very young team, Green Bay appears to have had an excellent draft when you consider that two rookies, Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz, are projected to be the starters at left and right guard, respectively. I realize it is early but second-round pick Greg Jennings from Western Michigan looks as good as any returning veteran at wide receiver. He may end up being the best receiver in this year’s draft.

It doesn't mean you had a good draft it just means that your O-line and receiving corps are BAD and that your team is going to be terrible!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

It doesn't mean you had a good draft it just means that your O-line and receiving corps are BAD and that your team is going to be terrible!
    TRUE THAT!!! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE