jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Pack angling for adalius

from pft.com

POSTED 1:53 p.m. EST, February 11, 2007

PACK ANGLING FOR ADALIUS

Regardless of whether the Green Bay Packers eventually make an effort to trade for Raiders receiver Randy Moss, the more immediate objective for the Favre Franchise is to land Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas.

Thomas, a sixth-round pick in 2000, will hit the open market unless the Ravens slap the franchise tag on him.
    And, as we're told, one of the first teams to ring his phone will be the Packers.
    Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Thomas is the clear-cut top target for the Packers in free agency.

The Pack plan to make Thomas, a hybrid linebacker/defensive end in the Baltimore defense, into a full-time defensive end.
    And that could be very bad news for current Packers defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, whose star has faded in the years since he was regarded as an up-and-coming sack master.
    KGB fell behind Cullen Jenkins on the depth chart in 2006, and Gbaja-Biamila's $5 million salary for 2007 could cause him to fall off of the roster entirely.

If the Ravens plan to use the franchise tag on Thomas, they'll need to have the cap room to do it.
    And that could ensure the release of running back Jamal Lewis, who re-signed with the team as an unrestricted free agent in 2006 and who is owed a $5 million roster bonus next month, and a $5 million salary in 2007.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Pack angling for adalius

Man, I am actually hoping that the Ravens franchise him...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Man, I am actually hoping that the Ravens franchise him...
    Me too...F the Pack!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I know that KGB is the odd man out in GB, but if they sign Thomas, where does that leave Jenkins? I really don't give a crap, but just wondering.. It has been said that GB will trade KGB straight up for Moss..

Now that is just rumor as I heard that from a bunch of idiotic Packer fans.. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen though.. It makes sense for both teams to pull that off.. I hope that Moss doesn't end up in GB, but what can we do if he does?