Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    54

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rival

    "so-cal vike" wrote:
    Oakland
    Pittsburgh
    Miami
    Kansas City

    Anyone care to guess why?
    Is it because we hardly every play them and no one remembers any of their games...I can see why you might think of Oakland or Miami because of the major trades, but that really doesnt matter because they never play each other anyways

  2. #22
    thetrenches68OL's Avatar
    thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    658

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rival

    "Vike_Fanatic" wrote:
    "so-cal vike" wrote:
    Oakland
    Pittsburgh
    Miami
    Kansas City

    Anyone care to guess why?
    Is it because we hardly every play them and no one remembers any of their games...I can see why you might think of Oakland or Miami because of the major trades, but that really doesnt matter because they never play each other anyways
    because they beat us in the 4 superbowls we lost and we also never play them ever to be concidered a rivalry if your basing it soley off of superbowls thats kinda stupid. IMO
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided


    Hutch and K. Will baby

    sig by PurplePeopleEaters

  3. #23
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rival

    I can't really see any great rivalry outside the division. But I agree that something could be in the making with Seattle.

    What makes especially the Packer rivalry so great, is that they hate us as well. It's not really a rivalry IMO if it's only us that feel bad for a loss at some point, and the other team doesn't really give a **** about us.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  4. #24
    Chad8970 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    97

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rivals?

    singersp wrote:
    Chad8970 wrote:
    It's got to be the Cowgirls, everyone hates them. Although I agree about the Giants, we play them every year. Tampa is a good choice since they were once in the division.

    And just how often do we play the Cowboys?

    A rivalry should be someone we play on at least a consistent basis.

    How often have we played the Cowboys in the last 12 years?

    The answer is 4.

    Some rivalry.



    Check your math again, they have played Dallas more than 4 times.

  5. #25
    Redrouster's Avatar
    Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    329

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rivals?

    Giants
    Tampa Bay

  6. #26
    tampaviking is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    106

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rival

    giants. and definently the bucs. didn't they ruin the perfect season

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rival

    "Chad8970" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Chad8970" wrote:
    It's got to be the Cowgirls, everyone hates them. Although I agree about the Giants, we play them every year. Tampa is a good choice since they were once in the division.
    And just how often do we play the Cowboys?

    A rivalry should be someone we play on at least a consistent basis.

    How often have we played the Cowboys in the last 12 years?

    The answer is 4.

    Some rivalry.


    Check your math again, they have played Dallas more than 4 times.
    2004
    2000
    1999 (playoffs)
    1999
    1998
    1996 (playoffs)
    1995
    1993

    Between 1995 and 2000, we saw the girls every year except for 1997 and 1993. That created a bit of a history between the two teams that has cooled off a bit since we only played each other once in the last five years.

    Still, between the "trade", and our schedule in the mid ninties, I do think that the girls were our second most hated team for a while.

    Now I would have to vote the Seachickens as my most hated team outside the division, simply because they are the NFC Champs and we have our offseason history.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rivals?

    Although we don't play em all every year the whole NFC East is a rival.
    The Giants and Eagles and now we face the deadskins in the first game.
    The cowboys used to be a big rival back in the day we were both in the playoffs annually. But ya gotta hate the Giants and Beagles the most outside our division.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    915

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rivals?

    Cowboys because of the dumb walker trade that sent many players and a few Super Bowls to Dallas and also the Push at the met. KC because of the entertaing events that fold out in preseason pratices between the teams
    You republican whore!

  10. #30
    CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    491

    Re: Outside the division,who are our conference and nc rivals?

    Cowboys are not because we dont play them enough.
    I say we have a couple rivalries which include:
    Pittsburg
    Kansas City
    Miami (now that they got Pepper)
    Giants

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 03:07 PM
  2. Rivals.com Thoughts!
    By PurplePeopleEaters89 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2006, 09:24 AM
  3. Seahwks Rivals This Week!!
    By Webby in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 01:54 AM
  4. Vikings other rivals
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 10:44 PM
  5. Biggest rivals
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 08:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •