Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re: Our dear Pack,favorites to take the title

poisoning16 wrote:
    The rush game will be what is has been the last few years, and thats adequate...which is fine considering what they'll be able to do in the passing game. No clue why you are saying the Packers rush D doesn't exist, when they were tops in the league last year. Where are you getting that from?
    Let's see:
    #1 Jolly is being replaced by a 2nd year guy with only one start, Raji, doubt he'll stuff the run like Jolly.
    #2 Without Harris and Bigby Pack will have to concentrate on pass D, thus playing off the LOS.
    #3 What happened in the 1st qtr all preseason.
    #4 Loss of Kampman, say what you will, but he managed 42 tackles in only 9 games. Replace by a 2nd year player.

I just don't see them repeating as #1 in the rush.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

MaxVike wrote:
    I hate the subject line of this thread... :huh:
    "Our" doesn't sit well with me either.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr wrote:
    poisoning16 wrote:
    The rush game will be what is has been the last few years, and thats adequate...which is fine considering what they'll be able to do in the passing game. No clue why you are saying the Packers rush D doesn't exist, when they were tops in the league last year. Where are you getting that from?
    Let's see:
    #1 Jolly is being replaced by a 2nd year guy with only one start, Raji, doubt he'll stuff the run like Jolly.
    #2 Without Harris and Bigby Pack will have to concentrate on pass D, thus playing off the LOS.
    #3 What happened in the 1st qtr all preseason.
    #4 Loss of Kampman, say what you will, but he managed 42 tackles in only 9 games. Replace by a 2nd year player.

I just don't see them repeating as #1 in the rush.
    #1. I responded to this in the other thread. Raji doesn't exactly replace Jolly. Pickett will. Why a 2nd year guy can't play is beyond me. He was the 9th overall pick and DTs usually make a jump from year one to two. I don't know what Jolly did to earn this much praise as a run stuffer, because apart from some splash plays, he didn't do that much. He was the weakest on our D-line, that's for sure.

#2. Have you seen Bigby play? He's closer to an extra linebacker than an extra corner. That's why we went safety pretty high. Burnett was going to start regardless of Bigby being healthy, I'm convinced of that. Harris was out half of last year and we actually got hot in rush defense near the end of the season.

#3 Addressed this in the other thread, as well. LBers story, horribly vanilla defense, we'll see what happens.

#4. Again, we were without Kampman for half the year. It didn't hurt our rush defense at all. Brad Jones couldn't get off of a RT and rush the QB to save his life, but he actually looked pretty decent in run coverage.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12