Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Our dear Pack,favorites to take the title

The "experts" say so

and I got two words for ya s*ck it

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/09000d5d81a39767/article/packers-chargers-fit-profile-of-super-bowl-champions?module=HP_cp2
    El underdog.

dfosterf is offline Coach

Re:Our dear Pack,favorites to take the title

OK---
    Even I admit that the pre-season prognostications are a complete pile of b.s.

Here is why the Pack has a shot at it.

Aaron Rodgers looks better than he did last year. Really.

...and by a lot. His release is much quicker.

As you are all aware, the Pack o-line was extremely awful in pass protection for just about all of the first half of last season, and broke down at times in the latter half, including the playoffs.

Cliffy had knee work, looked to be much better this year...
    Tausch has been rock-solid---He was coming off an injury last year, some might recall.

The potential problems? Cliffy's knee has been swelling up again. This is a concern. Bulaga looked great, but he has also been hampered by injury (hip flexor?- I forget)

T.J. Lang has sat out with an injury, but he is back...just now.

As of right now...our o-line looks "fixed", but it really is "dicey." IF it's fixed, our opponent is going to have to try and hang with us through the air. Our passing game LOOKS unstoppable--AT THIS POINT...It is a MOVING target, prognostication-wise.

We got the crap blitzed out of us this year in the pre-season. That was different than last year. Rodgers toasted the blitz. This did get noticed (apparently).

Here is something else that was different from last year at this time. Last year, MM and Capers were trying to win those games, and WE were blitzing. We went the complete opposite this year, and instead went totally vanilla, except when we didn't (rarely)--- We displayed the ability to really mask our blitz---It was beautiful to watch, but again, rare. I just point this out to let you know that we were "different". Our secondary looked pretty bad this pre-season. It LOOKS like it is being "masked", again-that vanilla scheme---we will see.

Our special teams suck. We DO look like we have a good punter, but we have NO CLUE who is going to return punts and kickoffs as of this writing.

Penalties-- We LOOK more disciplined, but we have to see about that, too.

So, just like one of you said, it is too close to call.

I'll get back to you on that after the Iggles game. :P

Good luck this year. Pack / Vikes NFC championship game (In Green Bay :P ) would be just fine with me.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

dfosterf wrote:
    OK---

As you are all aware, the Pack o-line was extremely awful in pass protection for just about all of the first half of last season, and broke down at times in the latter half, including the playoffs.

Tausch has been rock-solid---He was coming off an injury last year, some might recall.

The potential problems? Cliffy's knee has been swelling up again. This is a concern. Bulaga looked great, but he has also been hampered by injury (hip flexor?- I forget)

As of right now...our o-line looks "fixed", but it really is "dicey." IF it's fixed, our opponent is going to have to try and hang with us through the air. Our passing game LOOKS unstoppable--AT THIS POINT...It is a MOVING target, prognostication-wise.

We got the crap blitzed out of us this year in the pre-season. That was different than last year. Rodgers toasted the blitz. This did get noticed (apparently).

Here is something else that was different from last year at this time. Last year, MM and Capers were trying to win those games, and WE were blitzing. We went the complete opposite this year, and instead went totally vanilla, except when we didn't (rarely)--- We displayed the ability to really mask our blitz---It was beautiful to watch, but again, rare. I just point this out to let you know that we were "different". Our secondary looked pretty bad this pre-season. It LOOKS like it is being "masked", again-that vanilla scheme---we will see.

Our special teams suck. We DO look like we have a good punter, but we have NO CLUE who is going to return punts and kickoffs as of this writing.

Good luck this year. Pack / Vikes NFC championship game (In Green Bay :P ) would be just fine with me.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

It has been well documented how much Frasier frustrates me, but then I look across the border and look at all the hype that GB put around Capers and I laugh. Until I see this destructive 3-4 D in Green Bay, and until they can beat us head to head Vikings are the incumbent North Champs, and I believe we will take it again.

gagarr wrote:
    [quote]dfosterf wrote:
    OK---

Let's see if I can fix that last post:

Granted the stats I'm working with are the preseason ones, but I'll focus on starting players and 1st quarters as much as I can.

Agree on Rodgers and the OL, they are a heck of a PASSING team, but there running game is only generating 3.6yds per carry and Grant only 3.8yds in.

Their overall D isn't doing well at all as they have given up 5.5yds per carry while only getting 5.5yds too. They have given up 92pts, 38pts in the 1st quarter alone.

GB also lived by the turnovers which doesn't repeat often Saints in 2008 -4 in 2009 +11. So with Harris and Bigby GB shouldn't expect anywhere close to +24.

I expect GB's D to fall out of the top 10 easily.

Vikes D should be strong, even given the injuries as the Vikes have done moves to mitigate and aren't finished.

Advantage Vikes in contests against GB
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Our dear Pack,favorites to take the title

I do believe GB is better. I don't believe we have taking a step back like some tend to believe. I do believe Housh will be on this team making us dangerous with Favre. The only thing I see holding us back this year is the DBs. We are thin. That and the scedule make it very hard to get through the first part of the year. The GB games are so important this year.

poisoning16 is offline Rookie

Packers OL was fixed the 2nd half of last season, when CLifton was back and healthy, and Tauscher returned. The most glorious thing of all was that the human turnstile Allan Barbre was cut this past weekend. That dude should give all his salary to Rodgers for nearly killing him that first half of the season. Damn, I hated that guy

anyway, back to the topic. Can't believe they all got the Pack making the SB, and I don't like it. Would rather be under the radar but that's out the window now

My only concerns with this team are their CB depth, ST as a whole(lack of kick/punt returner and blocking/coverage schemes). That really is it. ST is obviously a big issue, and they weren't any good in preseason this year, either...but I'll comfort myself with the fact that they said they were trying out various guys there, and most of them are people who were cut, so who knows. I'm confident they actually have a decent punter this year. HEll, both guys looked better than Kapinos did

I really think this offense can be special, barring major injuries of course(crosses fingers for none of that)

poisoning16 wrote:
    Packers OL was fixed the 2nd half of last season, when CLifton was back and healthy, and Tauscher returned. The most glorious thing of all was that the human turnstile Allan Barbre was cut this past weekend. That dude should give all his salary to Rodgers for nearly killing him that first half of the season. Damn, I hated that guy

anyway, back to the topic. Can't believe they all got the Pack making the SB, and I don't like it. Would rather be under the radar but that's out the window now

My only concerns with this team are their CB depth, ST as a whole(lack of kick/punt returner and blocking/coverage schemes). That really is it. ST is obviously a big issue, and they weren't any good in preseason this year, either...but I'll comfort myself with the fact that they said they were trying out various guys there, and most of them are people who were cut, so who knows. I'm confident they actually have a decent punter this year. HEll, both guys looked better than Kapinos did

I really think this offense can be special, barring major injuries of course(crosses fingers for none of that)
    Hmmm... no mention of the rushing offense or defense, must be because it barely exists. Then again GB is expected to pass over 75% of the time.

Hopefully the Vikes will be at full strength with Griff and Cook healthy come Oct 24. Because the Vikes will have one of their best backfield in quite some time. It won't shutdown Rodgers but slowing him down should be enough.
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

poisoning16 is offline Rookie

The rush game will be what is has been the last few years, and thats adequate...which is fine considering what they'll be able to do in the passing game. No clue why you are saying the Packers rush D doesn't exist, when they were tops in the league last year. Where are you getting that from?

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I hate the subject line of this thread... :huh:

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast