Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Re: Orange-Out Announced for Detroit Lions Game

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    haha wow an orange out, that's funny. I could not imagine the Vikes doing that if we were in the same situation, I mean wearing the opposing teams color. I know they have put up with a lot of crap but I don't know wearing the opposing teams color seems silly to me. But I guess they are trying to make a statement.
    I totally agree. Doing that would be an insult to all that I have been representing half my life.

But I can see the fans frustration. They have a huge load of great talent on that team and I am suprised that they haven't been more of a contender than they have been.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

although i agree with a total cleansing of the personel in-charge in Detroit, i don't think i would ever go to such measures. being a loyal fan i would never wear the opposing teams colors. if i was a player i would feel betrayed. there are better ways to protest. i heard something about a "Millen Man March" as a way to protest the still employed Matt Millen. now that would be better, not taking the home field advantage away from your team that your so desperately fighting for!!!!!

but that's just me

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

Most here are saying that they wouldn't wear the other team's colors just because their team sucked.

But, would you do it if the management at the metrodome threw out a fan for holding up a sign?

That's a bigger issue against the freedom of speech, IMO.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

Gift is offline Coordinator

If thats what they have to do to get some changes made more power to them. This has got national coverage so it has already served its purpose. Most the nation seems to want millen fired, myself included.

It also not a lack of loyalty, if that was the case they would all just become perminent bengal fan, this is to draw attention to the pathetic managment of the organization, and it has worked.

And a third thing, thank god we didnt fire tice early in the year when "we" were calling for his head or this could be us.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    Wow, I wonder how many fans will actually go through with this? It would be funny to see most of the stadium wearing orange. What would be funnier in my opinion would be the Lions beating the Bengals and shutting up Chad Johnson.
    End of First half crowd description:
    A bunch of Lions fans wearing Cincinatti orange and angry while they watch a home game in Detroit. They are all positive the Lions will lose, but don't mind because it will hopefully be the loss that gets Millen fired.

End of Second Hallf crowd description:
    Orange fans going crazy in Detroit, but wait, they aren't Bengals fans! They are Lions fans who were protesting, but are now estatic because their team wins on a last second-play! They all go home to their friends and family with tears of joy. Ten years down the line when they overhear that story across the room, they will happily interject and say "I was there." Millen keeps his job.

Just win baby
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Prophet Guest

Great idea, should be good entertainment.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I guess the Lions fans watch Bang cartoons also..

Millen is all over them lately..

The march and orange wearing will be a site to see for sure, only thing I don't like about it is the players will have to face it also..

To bad they have to see, hear, and deal with it also....

But hey, Billy(Bang Kid) helped the Broncos and now he's with the Lions, so maybe next year they will turn around...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet Guest

"VikingNed" wrote:
    ...To bad they have to see, hear, and deal with it also....
    Yeah, but the players are not in a position to be vocal about the situation and I'm guessing many of them would be wearing orange too to support the firing of Millen. They will know what is going on and know that it is not directed at them.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I think the Ford family should listen to their fans. Enough is enough Matt can't get the job done.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

They need to clean house with the coaching staff and gm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12