Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optmistic One

coreyd is offline Coach

Optmistic One

Obviously Randy Moss leaving raised some caution signs as far as the future of the team is concerned. But, could our situation look any better. I mean, we have options during the draft, we have options for trading away a back or two for some defense, there are some quality free agents out there that could help our team dramatically, and WE ARE GETTING A NEW OWNER!!

Seriously though, I am pretty happy with the way the offseason is turning out. I think that our team has been due some of these changes for a while, and what better time than now.

The only thing standing in our way of putting together a true, quality, superbowl team, is RED! He needs to jump up in there and snatch Burress, or Mason......Snatch up TY LAW, spend some of that cap money, trade away a back or two, and we are on our way to making the run to the big one! COME ON RED....GET OF THAT FUR COVERED JET PLANE SEAT OF YOURS AND HELP US OUT BEFORE YOU LEAVE!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Optmistic One

If this is a plea to Red, fat chance.

Optmistic One

1. Yes, we do have options in the draft, but the only extra pick is that number 7. If we use that pick on a WR, we would have replaced Randy Moss with either Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards. The trade would basically be Moss for Rookie WR + Napoleon Harris - not worth it. Since we got Harris, Claiborne will likely go elsewhere this offseason, so the net improvement to the LB corps in pretty much a wash.

2. Our ability to trade away a back for defense is good, but we could have done that WITH Randy.

3. So far, Fowler seems like a scumbag to me. Anyone who believes he had no knowledge of Randy being traded is nuts. I believe he not only ok'd the move, but was probably one of the reasons it happened.

Im not trying to be a dickhead here, I just think that we could have done everything we needed to do WITH the best WR in the game. The only single difference is having that 7th overall pick. Whoever we select with that pick will not ever have the impact that Randy had on this team.

It is very possible that we will get better as a TEAM this offseason, but if we do actually improve, we could have done everything without taking Randy out of the equation. He freed up 2 mil in cap room this year - not a big deal, as we would have still had around 30 mil anyways.

If we do go after a lot of FAs and have a better team and season as a result, dont let it fool you that it was because of the Randy trade that we got better. A lot of the moves we make from this point on are to try to save face for getting Randy out of here. When you see how good we are next year, add Randy Moss back on offense and picture how good we would be.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Optmistic One

Watch out! Red may be lurking on this forum. He'll see your post and include Pep in the trade for Gannon! Red is Red, an a****** is a a****** and neither will ever change for anyone!

coreyd is offline Coach

Optmistic One

I agree with you on the Fowler situation. I think that he promoted the trade, but messed up with the state, so now he is using that to get back on our good side. I think that Red is covering for him. I mean, what the hell does Red have to lose, he could care less what we think about him, I think he has proven that a hundred times over!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Optmistic One

"ADubya26" wrote:
    1. Yes, we do have options in the draft, but the only extra pick is that number 7. If we use that pick on a WR, we would have replaced Randy Moss with either Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards. The trade would basically be Moss for Rookie WR + Napoleon Harris - not worth it. Since we got Harris, Claiborne will likely go elsewhere this offseason, so the net improvement to the LB corps in pretty much a wash.

2. Our ability to trade away a back for defense is good, but we could have done that WITH Randy.

3. So far, Fowler seems like a scumbag to me. Anyone who believes he had no knowledge of Randy being traded is nuts. I believe he not only ok'd the move, but was probably one of the reasons it happened.

Im not trying to be a dickhead here, I just think that we could have done everything we needed to do WITH the best WR in the game. The only single difference is having that 7th overall pick. Whoever we select with that pick will not ever have the impact that Randy had on this team.

It is very possible that we will get better as a TEAM this offseason, but if we do actually improve, we could have done everything without taking Randy out of the equation. He freed up 2 mil in cap room this year - not a big deal, as we would have still had around 30 mil anyways.

If we do go after a lot of FAs and have a better team and season as a result, dont let it fool you that it was because of the Randy trade that we got better. A lot of the moves we make from this point on are to try to save face for getting Randy out of here. When you see how good we are next year, add Randy Moss back on offense and picture how good we would be.
    Dead on with #1...drafting a WR with the #7 is not worth it...better to draft defense...at least we won't have to look at direct comparisons between Randy and Williams/Edwards all next year (which is bound to happen with the a$$hole media)...better to improve the defense and have a better shot at winning games by stopping people rather than trying to outscore them (which usually doesn't work).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Optmistic One

I think the Vikings are going to go all defense in the draft and free agency. I'm sure they will get another WR, but look for the main emphasis to be on defense. I think they finally realize they will not win anything without a solid defense. Hopefully they will model the Patriots winning ways.

The Colts were 12-4 last season and broke all sorts of records, and still couldn't get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. Defense wins championships in the NFL.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Optmistic One

I think Tice is REALLY high on Mike Williams though,...

I would rather draft a top 2 WR at #7 then a safety or ANOTHER young linebacker.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Optmistic One

Maybe Williams baked Tice cookies?

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Optmistic One

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Maybe Williams baked Tice cookies?
    Or brownies...too bad Onterrio ate them all...he thought that they were "magic" brownies!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast