cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

One for you, Del Rio!

Looks like one of your guys just signed with the 'Skins!

Washington Redskins: In a move that likely nudges Rod Gardner closer to the unemployment line, the Redskins signed free agent wide receiver Kevin Dyson, a six-year veteran beset by injuries over the last three years.

Dyson, 29, signed a one-year contract believed to include a minimum base salary. He is the third veteran wide receiver to join the Redskins in the offseason, joining Santana Moss, who was acquired in a trade, and free agent David Patten. The team has been attempting to trade Gardner, a former first-rounder, and likely will release him within the next week or so. Several teams are interested in Gardner but prefer to sign him after he is cut free by Washington, rather than trade for him.

Injuries have limited Dyson to just 12 games the past three seasons, and he did not play in 2004 after being released by the San Diego Chargers. But if healthy, the former Utah star is a solid wideout with proven deep speed. He also has the ability to return punts and, with the release of Chad Morton last Friday, the Redskins are seeking to fill that role.

A first-round pick in the 1998 draft, Dyson played most of his career with the Tennessee Titans. He signed with Carolina in 2003 but spent most of the season on the physically unable to perform list because of an Achilles injury. He was released by San Diego last summer because of injuries. In 59 appearances, Dyson has 178 receptions for 2,325 yards and 18 touchdowns.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Re: One for you, Del Rio!

That is very good!
    Too bad he plays for the skins at least he won't have to worry about catching any passess. LOL

Seriously I thought he was done, this must be his second chance. Drafted ahead of Randy Moss in 1998, he even had quite a bit of press around him. Pretty solid, very fast, but sadly always hurt.

I hope he can stay healthy this season. He definately has the talent to be a great WR.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: One for you, Del Rio!

I will be seeing him every week on local TV, so I will cheer him on for you...might even go and catch a 'Skins game in person.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE