Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    One LESS FA OT on the market...Chargers sign Shelton

    Will the Vikes pick up someone to fill in for McKinnie if he gets suspended to open the season?

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8088516/Chargers-sign-Shelton-to-2-year-deal
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: One LESS FA OT on the market...Chargers sign Shelton

    Good.
    We don't need him.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: One LESS FA OT on the market...Chargers sign Shelton

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Good.
    We don't need him.

    ;D
    Maybe you're right, but signing an experienced OT like Clement might be safer than going into the season with unproven players.
    Cook will be OK, but I don't like throwing Johnson to the wolves with no back up plan.
    Hicks is not a LT, so...?
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: One LESS FA OT on the market...Chargers sign Shelton

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Good.
    We don't need him.

    ;D
    Maybe you're right, but signing an experienced OT like Clement might be safer than going into the season with unproven players.
    Cook will be OK, but I don't like throwing Johnson to the wolves with no back up plan.
    Hicks is not a LT, so...?
    I was actually only kidding, however........ ;D

    I wouldn't be unhappy to see a line like this.....



    CJohnson


    Hutch




    Birk


    Herrerra


    Cook
    TE

    As they did with Cook, they can help out with a TE if he can't handle the speedier DE. Chase shouldn't be that big of a deal as they had to do it with McKinnie alot last year anyway.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: One LESS FA OT on the market...Chargers sign Shelton

    He ws on of the few FA OT thatt were left that I was somewhat hoping would of been considered for a spot oin our roster. He could of come cheap and still has 3-4 good seasons left in him. I assumed that since we did not make OT a priority ion the draft that they would be working out something(or had been) with some FA. Well time will tell I guess.

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: One LESS FA OT on the market...Chargers sign Shelton

    "Garland" wrote:
    He ws on of the few FA OT thatt were left that I was somewhat hoping would of been considered for a spot oin our roster. He could of come cheap and still has 3-4 good seasons left in him. I assumed that since we did not make OT a priority ion the draft that they would be working out something(or had been) with some FA. Well time will tell I guess.
    Or could be happy with what they have.


    Look, I'm just as concerned over our T situation as the rest of you are, however, I also trust the coaching staff. If they are happy with what they currently have and the potential of the younger kids they just brought in then they have my back.

    Truth of the matter is, if they do bring in a FA T then I assume it will be a guy that holds to form with what they've done in the FA area.


    a. A guy coming off his first contract.
    b. Familiar with our system/fits our system. (That would be the ZB scheme).

    I am not familiar with all of these guys but when I look at the FA T's I just don't see that guy there that fits that mold?
    Does anyone else?
    :

    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: One LESS FA OT on the market...Chargers sign Shelton

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    He ws on of the few FA OT thatt were left that I was somewhat hoping would of been considered for a spot oin our roster. He could of come cheap and still has 3-4 good seasons left in him. I assumed that since we did not make OT a priority ion the draft that they would be working out something(or had been) with some FA. Well time will tell I guess.
    Or could be happy with what they have.


    Look, I'm just as concerned over our T situation as the rest of you are, however, I also trust the coaching staff. If they are happy with what they currently have and the potential of the younger kids they just brought in then they have my back.

    Truth of the matter is, if they do bring in a FA T then I assume it will be a guy that holds to form with what they've done in the FA area.


    a. A guy coming off his first contract.
    b. Familiar with our system/fits our system. (That would be the ZB scheme).

    I am not familiar with all of these guys but when I look at the FA T's I just don't see that guy there that fits that mold?
    Does anyone else?
    :

    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency
    Since when?

  8. #8
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: One LESS FA OT on the market...Chargers sign Shelton

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Good.
    We don't need him.
    ;D
    Maybe you're right, but signing an experienced OT like Clement might be safer than going into the season with unproven players.
    Cook will be OK, but I don't like throwing Johnson to the wolves with no back up plan.
    Hicks is not a LT, so...?
    I was actually only kidding, however........ ;D

    I wouldn't be unhappy to see a line like this.....



    CJohnson


    Hutch




    Birk


    Herrerra


    Cook
    TE

    As they did with Cook, they can help out with a TE if he can't handle the speedier DE. Chase shouldn't be that big of a deal as they had to do it with McKinnie alot last year anyway.
    or like this CJohnson

    Hutch

    Birk

    Herrerra

    Cook






    TE






























    TE


  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: One LESS FA OT on the market...Chargers sign Shelton

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Good.
    We don't need him.

    ;D
    Maybe you're right, but signing an experienced OT like Clement might be safer than going into the season with unproven players.
    Cook will be OK, but I don't like throwing Johnson to the wolves with no back up plan.
    Hicks is not a LT, so...?
    I was actually only kidding, however........ ;D

    I wouldn't be unhappy to see a line like this.....



    CJohnson



    Hutch




    Birk



    Herrerra



    Cook
    TE

    As they did with Cook, they can help out with a TE if he can't handle the speedier DE. Chase shouldn't be that big of a deal as they had to do it with McKinnie alot last year anyway.
    or like this CJohnson


    Hutch

    Birk

    Herrerra


    Cook






    TE































    TE

    You could be correct.
    Heck, would it be that big of a change from what we saw last year?


    McKinnie

    Hutch

    Birk

    Herrerra

    Cook
    TE






























    TE

    At least we have the hope that Chase could get better as my assumption is Big Mac is about as good as he is gonna get.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 10:28 AM
  2. Bucs To Release Shelton Quarles
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 07:48 PM
  3. Small-market team, big-market attitude
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 01:44 PM
  4. The Sig Market
    By josdin00 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 07:55 PM
  5. Williams off the market..
    By Vikesfan4evr in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 11:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •