Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Oklahoma RB re-injured his collarbone in Fiesta Bowl

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/peterson/index.html?eref=si_nfl

[size=12pt]Teams wary of Peterson's health[/size]
    Posted: Wednesday April 25, 2007 5:57PM; Updated: Wednesday April 25, 2007 7:13PM

Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, an almost certain top-10 pick in the first round of Saturday's NFL draft, re-injured his collarbone in the Sooners' loss in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day -- an injury that has not been previously disclosed except to NFL teams.

Peterson broke his collarbone on Oct. 14 against Iowa State and missed the rest of Oklahoma's regular season, returning for the first time in the bowl game against Boise State. Peterson made NFL teams aware of the re-injury at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

But at least two teams that SI.com spoke to acknowledged that Peterson's health was a consideration in their draft analysis.

A high-level source on one team said the evaluation of his team's medical staff was that Peterson will require a surgical procedure, which would delay his availability at the start of training camp and perhaps longer. That team estimated Peterson would be sidelined after the procedure for "two or three months." That would likely mean Peterson would miss the entire offseason workouts of the team that drafted him and make him questionable for the early part of the preseason.
    Hmmmmmmm.....

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Re: Oklahoma RB re-injured his collarbone in Fiesta Bowl

Yes, this development concerns me a bit about his health.
    I'd still like the Vikes to take him at #7 if he's there, however.

Willis McGahee had a much more debilitating knee injury in the last bowl game he played in.
    Sure, he sat out his rookie season I believe, but still ended up being a great RB for the Bills.
    Why did they trade/release him anyhow?
    I'm still scratching my head after that one...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Oklahoma RB re-injured his collarbone in Fiesta Bowl

"Zeus" wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/peterson/index.html?eref=si_nfl

[size=12pt]Teams wary of Peterson's health[/size]
    Posted: Wednesday April 25, 2007 5:57PM; Updated: Wednesday April 25, 2007 7:13PM

Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, an almost certain top-10 pick in the first round of Saturday's NFL draft, re-injured his collarbone in the Sooners' loss in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day -- an injury that has not been previously disclosed except to NFL teams.

Peterson broke his collarbone on Oct. 14 against Iowa State and missed the rest of Oklahoma's regular season, returning for the first time in the bowl game against Boise State. Peterson made NFL teams aware of the re-injury at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

But at least two teams that SI.com spoke to acknowledged that Peterson's health was a consideration in their draft analysis.

A high-level source on one team said the evaluation of his team's medical staff was that Peterson will require a surgical procedure, which would delay his availability at the start of training camp and perhaps longer. That team estimated Peterson would be sidelined after the procedure for "two or three months." That would likely mean Peterson would miss the entire offseason workouts of the team that drafted him and make him questionable for the early part of the preseason.
    Hmmmmmmm.....

=Z=
    Apparently, already posted.
    I didn't find it when I did a search on the phrase "wary of Peterson's health", which is strange.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888912&topic=335 77.msg569604#msg569604

Locking!

=Z=
    (Did you know you can lock your own threads?)

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!