Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 220
  1. #21
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    My immediate thought is the Giants will give the Patriots a tough time. They'll been playing very well, and might have less pressure being the big underdog...maybe the Pats will feel the pressure of the perfect season. The Giants have played well in the role of 'dogs. If they can work from the point of view that they are not getting the respect they deserve, maybe they can pull off the upset. I would be happy with that. Plus the fact that they're in the Super Bowl without Tiki makes me very happy.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  2. #22
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    I will base my rooting decision on the fan base.
    Patriots fans...obnoxious, Giants fans...passionate.
    Therefore, I will root for the Giants.
    Not to mention the fact that the Vikes dismantled them earlier this year
    ;D Go Giants!

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  3. #23
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,003

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    I want the Pats to win so Randy gets his ring. The only thing with that though is that if he gets a ring with the Pats, he'll probably go in to the hall as a Pat and that would piss me off.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #24
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I will base my rooting decision on the fan base.
    Patriots fans...obnoxious, Giants fans...passionate.
    Therefore, I will root for the Giants.
    Not to mention the fact that the Vikes dismantled them earlier this year
    ;D Go Giants!
    The Giants fans that i know are obnoxious as hell. I seriously think its just a East coast thing, NE, NY, Philly.

  5. #25
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,003

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    Most teams have fans that are obnoxious as hell though. I'm one, that's for sure!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  6. #26
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    "Garland" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    I will base my rooting decision on the fan base.
    Patriots fans...obnoxious, Giants fans...passionate.
    Therefore, I will root for the Giants.
    Not to mention the fact that the Vikes dismantled them earlier this year
    ;D Go Giants!
    The Giants fans that i know are obnoxious as hell. I seriously think its just a East coast thing, NE, NY, Philly.
    Living in northern DE, I can attest to the fact that you are totally correct.
    In order, the worse fans IMO; 1) Eagles, 2) Cowboys, 3) tie, 'Skins and Pats, 4) Pukers, 5) Jets (worse than Giants even though the team sucks, trust me), 6) Giants.
    So, according to my personal rankings, the Giants win.
    Didn't take long for you guys to pick up that one.
    I'm kinda looking at it as a matter of degree of obnoxiousness.
    Besides, I like Coughlin mucho better than Bellicheat...and, it's not possible for them to both lose.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    If the Pats win I will be happy because I got to witness history.

    If the Giants win I will be happy because I am tired of the AFC winning.

    Either way I win.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Most teams have fans that are obnoxious as hell though. I'm one, that's for sure!
    Me, too.
    I was a complete jerkwad to every non-Vikings fan I knew in '98.

    Until they choked.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #29
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    If the Pats win I will be happy because I got to witness history.

    If the Giants win I will be happy because I am tired of the AFC winning.

    Either way I win.
    What if it's a tie?


    Seriously though, during the regular season I think the game ends in a tie if nobody scores during the 15 min. OT.
    What are the playoff rules?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #30
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: The Offiicial Super Bowl XLII Thread

    "PhatmanPat94" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "PhatmanPat94" wrote:
    Go Moss, get yourself a Superbowl ring to cap off a record breaking season. You deserve it.

    No!!! he does not deserve the sweat off my groin... after running a marathon, let alone an SB ring!!....Pooh on him and the flooping Pats!

    Go Giants!
    Sour grapes my friend, sour grapes.
    Sour grapes may be used in w(h)ine?


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NY Giants cut Super Bowl XLII hero David Tyree
    By VikesFan787 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 05:04 AM
  2. The Offiicial Super Bowl XLIII Thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 09:37 AM
  3. Super Bowl XLII Crappy Commercial Thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 05:40 AM
  4. U.S. Soldier in Iraq wins trip to Super Bowl XLII
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 12:26 AM
  5. Super Bowl XLII & NFL Conference Championship Odds
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 09:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •