Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096252
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096190
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096068
    LMFAO.

Jackson already cost Bevell one job and half a decade of his life. No way in hell he lobbies to bring in Jackson. Also there is no way he beats out Whitehurst without Childress stacking the deck.
    Mmmm no. Not even by any stretch of the imagination.

Jackson didn't cost Bevell his job or half a decade of his life. Have you forgotten Favre was our QB the past two years & Bevell was fired last year?

With that said, Favre didn't cost Bevell his job either.

Bevell cost Bevell his job. Bevell was a piss poor coach who was mainly a puppet on a string for Childress.

Prior to the Vikings, he was the QB coach in GB. We all know Favre did his own thing there and Bevell was a slot filler that held a clipboard.

But hey, if you want to attribute Favre's greatness to Bevell's influence, be my guest.
    Have you seen Musgroves Bio of late. Not much better than Bev's was. He has been a Ocoord before, but he has also been fired from that position before as well.
    Musgrave wasn't hand-picked by Childress, so that automatically gives him a step up on Bevs

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096257
    LMFAO.

Jackson already cost Bevell one job and half a decade of his life. No way in hell he lobbies to bring in Jackson. Also there is no way he beats out Whitehurst without Childress stacking the deck.

Jackson didn't cost Bevell his job or half a decade of his life. Have you forgotten Favre was our QB the past two years & Bevell was fired last year?

Bevell cost Bevell his job. Bevell was a piss poor coach who was mainly a puppet on a string for Childress.

Prior to the Vikings, he was the QB coach in GB. We all know Favre did his own thing there and Bevell was a slot filler that held a clipboard.

But hey, if you want to attribute Favre's greatness to Bevell's influence, be my guest.
    Have you seen Musgroves Bio of late. Not much better than Bev's was. He has been a Ocoord before, but he has also been fired from that position before as well.
    Musgrave wasn't hand-picked by Childress, so that automatically gives him a step up on Bevs
    I guess, if that makes you feel better.

Truth is, until Musgrove got to Atlanta, he has failed worse than Bevs has ever thought about doing regardless of who picked him.

Now we have him as the primary input to all that is offense on this team. No matter, if he fails you will find some way to blame someone else I'm sure.

I hope he doesn't fail so we dont' have to watch you doing it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096258
    LMFAO.

Truth is, until Musgrove got to Atlanta, he has failed worse than Bevs has ever thought about doing regardless of who picked him.

Now we have him as the primary input to all that is offense on this team. No matter, if he fails you will find some way to blame someone else I'm sure.

Ah, more assumptions.

If you go back, you might find I was never a fan of Musgrave to begin with. I think he's highly undequalified, and has proven he can't hold a job.

However, Bevell had the luxury of living off Favre for most of his career as a QB coach and now OC. Musgrave had a little more change to deal with.

In the end, whatever happens will happen. It all comes down to playcalling, and how well the team can execute the scheme.

If we suck because of dropped passes and missed reads, that's on the players.

If we suck because we call a screen pass in our endzone and get safetied, that's the OC.

Musgrave basically has a fresh chance here. He's allowed to do his thing, and has a brand new QB to make his own. If POnder turns out to be great, Musgrave will look like a genius. If Ponder busts, well, things won't look too great for Musgrave.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096259
    LMFAO.

Ah, more assumptions.

If you go back, you might find I was never a fan of Musgrave to begin with. I think he's highly undequalified, and has proven he can't hold a job.

However, Bevell had the luxury of living off Favre for most of his career as a QB coach and now OC. Musgrave had a little more change to deal with.

In the end, whatever happens will happen. It all comes down to playcalling, and how well the team can execute the scheme.

If we suck because we call a screen pass in our endzone and get safetied, that's the OC.

Musgrave basically has a fresh chance here. He's allowed to do his thing, and has a brand new QB to make his own. If POnder turns out to be great, Musgrave will look like a genius. If Ponder busts, well, things won't look too great for Musgrave.
    Like that never happened on Bevs watch.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096260
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096259
    LMFAO.

Ah, more assumptions.

Like that never happened on Bevs watch.
    More words in my mouth.

I'm not saying it did or it didn't.

However, it is quite clear Bevs got fired as OC for a reason. Fraizer was on the team, he knew exactly what Bevs role was. He didn't think Bev would cut it, and clearly though Musgrave was better. Good enough for me.

In the end, Bevell sucked because he sucked. He lived and died based on Favre, and was handcuffed by Childress's Reich.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

LMFAO.

If he doesn't perform I will call him out on it just like i did with Childress and bevell. Unlike some I will not try to fabricate reasons why he was not successful and while I hope he is a great coach that leads the offense to a SB at this point all I can say is that he has the potential to be a refreshing change from what we saw when QB's played within the system under the last regime.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096264
    If he doesn't perform I will call him out on it just like i did with Childress and bevell. Unlike some I will not try to fabricate reasons why he was not successful and while I hope he is a great coach that leads the offense to a SB at this point all I can say is that he has the potential to be a refreshing change from what we saw when QB's played within the system under the last regime.
    Walter would be a refreshing change from having Bevell.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233