Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 327
  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1089979
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089974
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089961
    I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.
    What reports? I haven't seen or heard of any. Links?

    And why is this is General NFL? Is it because of his FA status? If that's the case, then all articles/threads regarding Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwards, Robison, etc should be funneled in to the general NFL as well.
    It's because he's not going to be a Viking and we all know it. Greenway is franchised, Rice will be resigned, and we don't know about the other 3. But we can all be sure the tjokester is gone from our team.
    Hmmm yeah, that of course explains why threads about Carter, Page & Randle still end up in the Vikings forum even though they went on to play for other teams.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089984
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089974
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089961
    I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.
    What reports? I haven't seen or heard of any. Links?

    And why is this is General NFL? Is it because of his FA status? If that's the case, then all articles/threads regarding Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwards, Robison, etc should be funneled in to the general NFL as well.
    Maybe you should stick around a bit more then. There have been a few that were posted indicating he was not going to be brought back.

    It is in the general section because the Vikings indicated they were not bringing him back. Greenway was given the franchise tag so he is taken care of and whenever the Vikings indicate that they are not bringing back Rice, Edwards, Robison etc I will post them here too.

    There also might have been a bit of sarcasm that went right over your head in that too.
    We all know what your intent was.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    [quote="Purple Floyd" #1090046]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090031
    What a great idea for a thread, well, minus that comment. Again, who in the hell ever said he was a HOF QB? Still waiting for a quote.
    I think it was Singer.

    [quote]

    And you would be dead wrong! That there explains the problem. What I've said & what you think I've said are two complete different things.

    I never said TJ was HOF material. I've said that if we started TJ, he could improve & be damn good, he could stay the same or he could get worse. We don't know which until we play him & find out. That doesn't mean a game here or there, that means start him & play him for the entire season regardless of the result, rather than knee-jerk. Then the Vikings can make a decision & move on either way it pans out.

    What I didn't want to see is exactly what happened and that was keeping a "maybe he will, maybe he won't" QB on the roster for years, not knowing because of injecting old veteran QB's into the starting role. The coach & many of the fans erroneously felt we were only a QB away from winning a SB.

    At least now, after inserting Favre, it enlightened those people into seeing that there were problems elsewhere in the offense, rather than only at QB.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    [quote="singersp" #1090119][quote="Purple Floyd" #1090046]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090031
    What a great idea for a thread, well, minus that comment. Again, who in the hell ever said he was a HOF QB? Still waiting for a quote.
    I think it was Singer.


    And you would be dead wrong! That there explains the problem. What I've said & what you think I've said are two complete different things.

    I never said TJ was HOF material. I've said that if we started TJ, he could improve & be damn good, he could stay the same or he could get worse. We don't know which until we play him & find out. That doesn't mean a game here or there, that means start him & play him for the entire season regardless of the result, rather than knee-jerk. Then the Vikings can make a decision & move on either way it pans out.

    What I didn't want to see is exactly what happened and that was keeping a "maybe he will, maybe he won't" QB on the roster for years, not knowing because of injecting old veteran QB's into the starting role. The coach & many of the fans erroneously felt we were only a QB away from winning a SB.

    At least now, after inserting Favre, it enlightened those people into seeing that there were problems elsewhere in the offense, rather than only at QB.
    Apparently you missed my intent on that one though.:laugh:

  5. #25
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    [quote="singersp" #1090119][quote="Purple Floyd" #1090046]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090031
    What a great idea for a thread, well, minus that comment. Again, who in the hell ever said he was a HOF QB? Still waiting for a quote.
    I think it was Singer.


    And you would be dead wrong! That there explains the problem. What I've said & what you think I've said are two complete different things.

    I never said TJ was HOF material. I've said that if we started TJ, he could improve & be damn good, he could stay the same or he could get worse. We don't know which until we play him & find out. That doesn't mean a game here or there, that means start him & play him for the entire season regardless of the result, rather than knee-jerk. Then the Vikings can make a decision & move on either way it pans out.

    What I didn't want to see is exactly what happened and that was keeping a "maybe he will, maybe he won't" QB on the roster for years, not knowing because of injecting old veteran QB's into the starting role. The coach & many of the fans erroneously felt we were only a QB away from winning a SB.

    At least now, after inserting Favre, it enlightened those people into seeing that there were problems elsewhere in the offense, rather than only at QB.
    Did you miss the 2009 season?
    We were only a QB away from winning the superbowl.
    Having a Good Qb put us a FG away from the Superbowl. Without poor QB play, this same team went 6 and 10.

    Yet people are sill calling for drafting a DL

  6. #26
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1090117
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1089979
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089974
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089961
    I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.
    What reports? I haven't seen or heard of any. Links?

    And why is this is General NFL? Is it because of his FA status? If that's the case, then all articles/threads regarding Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwards, Robison, etc should be funneled in to the general NFL as well.
    It's because he's not going to be a Viking and we all know it. Greenway is franchised, Rice will be resigned, and we don't know about the other 3. But we can all be sure the tjokester is gone from our team.
    Hmmm yeah, that of course explains why threads about Carter, Page & Randle still end up in the Vikings forum even though they went on to play for other teams.
    The players you are comparing Jackson to are ring of honor inductees, players that were pro bowlers and all pros as Vikings, players that have set records for the team and in some cases records for the league, some have had their numbers retired by the team and made it to the hall of fame. They have also been named to 25th and 40th anniversary teams or made the list of top 50 all time Vikings......Jackson didn't complete one season as a starter....I'm guessing this makes a difference in how their careers as Vikings are viewed

  7. #27
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1090127
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1090117
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1089979
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089974
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089961
    I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.
    What reports? I haven't seen or heard of any. Links?

    And why is this is General NFL? Is it because of his FA status? If that's the case, then all articles/threads regarding Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwards, Robison, etc should be funneled in to the general NFL as well.
    It's because he's not going to be a Viking and we all know it. Greenway is franchised, Rice will be resigned, and we don't know about the other 3. But we can all be sure the tjokester is gone from our team.
    Hmmm yeah, that of course explains why threads about Carter, Page & Randle still end up in the Vikings forum even though they went on to play for other teams.
    The players you are comparing Jackson to are ring of honor inductees, players that were pro bowlers and all pros as Vikings, players that have set records for the team and in some cases records for the league, some have had their numbers retired by the team and made it to the hall of fame. They have also been named to 25th and 40th anniversary teams or made the list of top 50 all time Vikings......Jackson didn't complete one season as a starter....I'm guessing this makes a difference in how their careers as Vikings are viewed
    Boggles the mind that he would make that case while also stating that he never made a comparison between Jackson and a HOF player.

  8. #28
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1090119
    I've said that if we started TJ, he could improve & be damn good, he could stay the same or he could get worse.
    So you took the only 3 possible outcomes and that's supposed to be a good point? Adrian peterson will get better, stay the same, or get worse. So will... EVERYONE ELSE. We did try Tjoke, did you not see? Guess what, it wasn't a funny joke... It was cruel and heartless and I pray to god we never have to go through anything like it again.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  9. #29
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090077
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1090038
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090031
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089961
    I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.
    What a great idea for a thread, well, minus that comment. Again, who in the hell ever said he was a HOF QB? Still waiting for a quote.

    As to your thread.........

    I've laid it out in two or three other threads of this nature, however, I will do it again, just for you.

    Iggles is the most obvious, however, I don't think that will be the answer. I think they are pretty happy with a couple of their project guys behind Vick. Besides, I don't think they are going to do anything with Kolb right away, mostly based on what their asking price is gonna be. Remembering of course what they turned down last year.

    Titans. Probably the next closest thing to a place he would start. Fits the scheme, that probably won't change based on their selection at HC.

    49'rs. I think these guys will be right in there with the Cards when it comes to Dnabbs services. One of them might be the ones who winds up with TJ instead of Dnabb. Both will start out in the Kolb sweepstakes but won't give the asking price.

    Cards. See 49rs. Something to add here, for both teams, both of them have recently been burned by the "First round pick" solution and, especially the Cards, will want a vet there to install/run their scheme.

    Bengals. I'm not so sure Carson will retire. My guess, he is lobbying for something and will get it, in the end. I know alot of Bengals fans who are ready to move on though.

    Jax. Don't see it. Garrard just needs some targets to throw the ball to.

    Raiders. We saw them give up picks for Campbell and he isn't the answer. I could TJ getting alot of attention from Al and the Raiders. I also think TJ would be happy out there, given the progres they've made. Add one more WR to that mix and they will be alot better next year than some think.

    Other options......

    Deadskins. I'm not so sure this would be a good fit but they only signed Dnabb to the deal so they could control were he goes. I get the sneaky suspicion that they might try to give it a go with Rex and might add a guy like TJ as a insurance policy if he stinks it up.

    Lions. Someone has to prove he can stay healthy. I think the staff would be extremely happy with the likes of TJ on the roster as a gaurantee.

    Which brings in other teams like the Browns, Panthers, etc who have youngsters drafted last year that stunk it up all year. He might land at one of those places and given a viable chance to compete with/against those kids.

    Vikings. YUP, still saying it. If they were smart, they would go ahead and try to ink him for a 3 year contract. Seriously, is there anyone else out there that is available, that has proven he can win games in the scheme we run? Lets not forget, the scheme isn't changing my friends. Just the blocking scheme for the running game.

    In the end, and to answer the question. I would put them in this order, based on the assumption Kolb will be traded, but traded late:

    Raiders
    Titans
    Cards/49'rs
    49'rs/Cards
    Deadskins
    Lions
    Browns
    Panthers
    Bengals
    Jax
    And I still think you're dreaming. I think that despite obvious QB needs of multiple teams - including the Vikings - Jackson rides the FA wire for a LONG time and signs a low-ball deal in the end.

    I think that every team you listed saw that the Staff here showed ZERO confidence in Jackson in '09 and '10 - especially when they refused to pull a hurt, struggling Favre for him last season, then dumped him onto IR almost immediately.

    If he's still in the NFL in 3 years I'll be stunned.


    Caine
    I think that every staff out there saw that this staff finally had a chance at getting a QB that could run the scheme and took a shot. I also think that most staffs will agree that they got lucky with the success they had in 2009.

    (Hell even the Noodle kept telling us that we shouldn't expect the same success.)

    I think those very same staffs will all agree that TJ, finally got to see how the scheme should be run and benifited from watching from the bench instead of learning on the field, much like he did when he watched the likes of gus, when he made his biggest progression.
    OK, let's look at what you just said. The Vikings "finally had a chance at getting a QB that could run the scheme" - YOUR words. From that, we can infer that the QB's we had on the roster could NOT run the scheme.

    So, you;re saying that after 3 YEARS of learning the scheme, Jackson still couldn't RUN it....

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090077
    Long story short, I still contend the Chiller was ready to go with TJ last year and not the Noodle. When shit hit the fan and he finally shitcanned Moss, my guess is that there were some heated discussions between the Owner and the HC and some "I told you so's" came out.

    Then, and only then, did Zygi fire the Chiller.
    NOW you say that Chiller was, "ready to go with TJ"...

    Why would he do that if - by YOUR OWN WORDS - Jackson could NOT run the scheme? That's complete stupidity!!! Why would someone sit contentedly by and ALLOW his future to be determined by his continued support for someone who CANNOT run his scheme?

    As for Moss, my guess is that Zygi had an epiphany the moment Moss - who has seen dysfunctional teams (Oakland), and seen championship teams (New England) - said, "You need to fire Chiller". Prior to that moment, I wold wager that Zygi was too close to the issue to see it clearly.

    Then, to punctuate that moment, Chiller simply cans Moss...essentially throwing away a 3rd round pick. He didn't try and remedy the situation through COACHING, he didn't try and resolve it through fines, or other interventions...

    ... he just shitcanned a guy for telling the truth.

    THAT is what opened Zygi's eyes and started him on the path to firing Chiller. Remember the "questioning the team" stunt? Chiller was doomed right there.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090077
    To your 3 year comment. You could be right but not based on talent. I still say that my biggest concern over TJ is not his abililty to play the position but rather his ability to stay healthy.

    My beer bet is riding on that health, not his skillset. I think you will see that I am correct when he actually does get a contract this year. Gonna blow your whole concept out the water......:laugh:
    Really? You think his inability to successfully run an offense will have LESS of an impact on his future than his health?

    Too funny.

    I agree he'll probably get a contract this year...I just think it will be as a camp QB with a shot at fighting for 3rd string. If you seriously believe that anyone will hand him a starting job, then you may as well buy the beer now.

    Further, in order for him to be a "Legit" QB, he'll have to be starting....I can't see that happening.

    This bet is already won, you just won't admit it.

    Caine

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090154
    Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1090127
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1090117
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1089979
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089974
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089961
    I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.
    What reports? I haven't seen or heard of any. Links?

    And why is this is General NFL? Is it because of his FA status? If that's the case, then all articles/threads regarding Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwards, Robison, etc should be funneled in to the general NFL as well.
    It's because he's not going to be a Viking and we all know it. Greenway is franchised, Rice will be resigned, and we don't know about the other 3. But we can all be sure the tjokester is gone from our team.
    Hmmm yeah, that of course explains why threads about Carter, Page & Randle still end up in the Vikings forum even though they went on to play for other teams.
    The players you are comparing Jackson to are ring of honor inductees, players that were pro bowlers and all pros as Vikings, players that have set records for the team and in some cases records for the league, some have had their numbers retired by the team and made it to the hall of fame. They have also been named to 25th and 40th anniversary teams or made the list of top 50 all time Vikings......Jackson didn't complete one season as a starter....I'm guessing this makes a difference in how their careers as Vikings are viewed
    Boggles the mind that he would make that case while also stating that he never made a comparison between Jackson and a HOF player.
    There you go again twisting shit. When did I ever say I never made a comparison between Jackson & a HOF player?

    You accused me of saying TJ WAS/WOULD BE a HOF player, which I never did.
    HUGE HUGE difference.

    I've used HOF QB's as an example when people claimed, TJ would never be one based only on his stats after 1 year. I merely showed those who think they can judge QB's based on 1st starting year stats that history has proved them wrong time & time again & there were several HOF QB's who started as slow or worse than him.

    Anything is possible. 1 year is not enough time. The same will be true for Webb, but I'm sure many fans will be ready to toss him under the bus after a few more losses.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread
    By ndobney in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8678
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 07:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •