Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

[quote="Marrdro" #1090031]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089961

Vikings. YUP, still saying it. If they were smart, they would go ahead and try to ink him for a 3 year contract. Seriously, is there anyone else out there that is available, that has proven he can win games in the scheme we run? Lets not forget, the scheme isn't changing my friends. Just the blocking scheme for the running game.
    Last time I looked no-one had made any firm commitment as to how the offensive scheme was going to go for the next season. Given that any scheme needs a QB with half a brain and the technique to go with it then that lets TJ out.

But should anyone want to push the point further
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090031
    I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.
    What a great idea for a thread, well, minus that comment. Again, who in the hell ever said he was a HOF QB? Still waiting for a quote.

As to your thread.........

I've laid it out in two or three other threads of this nature, however, I will do it again, just for you.

Iggles is the most obvious, however, I don't think that will be the answer. I think they are pretty happy with a couple of their project guys behind Vick. Besides, I don't think they are going to do anything with Kolb right away, mostly based on what their asking price is gonna be. Remembering of course what they turned down last year.

Titans. Probably the next closest thing to a place he would start. Fits the scheme, that probably won't change based on their selection at HC.

49'rs. I think these guys will be right in there with the Cards when it comes to Dnabbs services. One of them might be the ones who winds up with TJ instead of Dnabb. Both will start out in the Kolb sweepstakes but won't give the asking price.

Cards. See 49rs. Something to add here, for both teams, both of them have recently been burned by the "First round pick" solution and, especially the Cards, will want a vet there to install/run their scheme.

Bengals. I'm not so sure Carson will retire. My guess, he is lobbying for something and will get it, in the end. I know alot of Bengals fans who are ready to move on though.

Jax. Don't see it. Garrard just needs some targets to throw the ball to.

Raiders. We saw them give up picks for Campbell and he isn't the answer. I could TJ getting alot of attention from Al and the Raiders. I also think TJ would be happy out there, given the progres they've made. Add one more WR to that mix and they will be alot better next year than some think.

Other options......

Deadskins. I'm not so sure this would be a good fit but they only signed Dnabb to the deal so they could control were he goes. I get the sneaky suspicion that they might try to give it a go with Rex and might add a guy like TJ as a insurance policy if he stinks it up.

Lions. Someone has to prove he can stay healthy. I think the staff would be extremely happy with the likes of TJ on the roster as a gaurantee.

Which brings in other teams like the Browns, Panthers, etc who have youngsters drafted last year that stunk it up all year. He might land at one of those places and given a viable chance to compete with/against those kids.

Vikings. YUP, still saying it. If they were smart, they would go ahead and try to ink him for a 3 year contract. Seriously, is there anyone else out there that is available, that has proven he can win games in the scheme we run? Lets not forget, the scheme isn't changing my friends. Just the blocking scheme for the running game.

In the end, and to answer the question. I would put them in this order, based on the assumption Kolb will be traded, but traded late:

Raiders
    Titans
    Cards/49'rs
    49'rs/Cards
    Deadskins
    Lions
    Browns
    Panthers
    Bengals
    Jax
    And I still think you're dreaming. I think that despite obvious QB needs of multiple teams - including the Vikings - Jackson rides the FA wire for a LONG time and signs a low-ball deal in the end.

I think that every team you listed saw that the Staff here showed ZERO confidence in Jackson in '09 and '10 - especially when they refused to pull a hurt, struggling Favre for him last season, then dumped him onto IR almost immediately.

If he's still in the NFL in 3 years I'll be stunned.

Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What a great idea for a thread, well, minus that comment. Again, who in the hell ever said he was a HOF QB? Still waiting for a quote.
    I think it was Singer.

I've laid it out in two or three other threads of this nature, however, I will do it again, just for you.
    Yippee. I think I saw the horse twitch so lay it out one more time.

Iggles is the most obvious, however, I don't think that will be the answer. I think they are pretty happy with a couple of their project guys behind Vick. Besides, I don't think they are going to do anything with Kolb right away, mostly based on what their asking price is gonna be. Remembering of course what they turned down last year.
    I disagree. Reid knows talent and i don't see him bringing in a guy who would take so much work to develop. If he even mentioned it one of his staffers would probably send him this youtube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVS13WNTtk

Titans. Probably the next closest thing to a place he would start. Fits the scheme, that probably won't change based on their selection at HC.

If they gave up on Vince young, who has more talent and more credentials why the heck would the Titans sign him except maybe for a 2nd or 3rd string spot?

49'rs. I think these guys will be right in there with the Cards when it comes to Dnabbs services. One of them might be the ones who winds up with TJ instead of Dnabb. Both will start out in the Kolb sweepstakes but won't give the asking price.
    Possible. They aren't going anywhere as a team so he might fit. If they decide to try and contend they will let someone else have him.

Cards. See 49rs. Something to add here, for both teams, both of them have recently been burned by the "First round pick" solution and, especially the Cards, will want a vet there to install/run their scheme.
    So let me get this straight- They got burned by a 1st round pick that ended up not panning out so their next move is going to be to stick several more years into a guy who has less talent and has so far proven to be less effective? Yeah.
    Bengals. I'm not so sure Carson will retire. My guess, he is lobbying for something and will get it, in the end. I know alot of Bengals fans who are ready to move on though.
    I could see TJ as the 2nd or 3rd guy in Cincy.

They could use a backup.

Raiders. We saw them give up picks for Campbell and he isn't the answer. I could TJ getting alot of attention from Al and the Raiders. I also think TJ would be happy out there, given the progres they've made. Add one more WR to that mix and they will be alot better next year than some think.

Yeah, they might be the one team crazy enough to sign him but then again they are all about being tough and TJ goes on IR every time he stubs his toe. Not quite cut from the raiders cloth if you ask me.
    Other options......

Deadskins. I'm not so sure this would be a good fit but they only signed Dnabb to the deal so they could control were he goes. I get the sneaky suspicion that they might try to give it a go with Rex and might add a guy like TJ as a insurance policy if he stinks it up.
    Yeah, he could be a 3rd stringer there.

Lions. Someone has to prove he can stay healthy. I think the staff would be extremely happy with the likes of TJ on the roster as a gaurantee.
    Yeah, because he lasted a whole fricking quarter this year before he was on IR for the rest of the year. TJ has really been the model for how to stay healthy so zi can see why they would jump at putting him on the roster.LMAO

Which brings in other teams like the Browns, Panthers, etc who have youngsters drafted last year that stunk it up all year. He might land at one of those places and given a viable chance to compete with/against those kids.
    Yeah, he can stink it up with the best of them so it looks like the perfect fit.

I knew you would say this. OTOH it shows how out of touch you are with the team and the direction they are heading.No chance. Zero, Zilch, Nada.

In the end, and to answer the question. I would put them in this order, based on the assumption Kolb will be traded, but traded late:
    OK

Raiders
    Titans
    Cards/49'rs
    49'rs/Cards
    Deadskins
    Lions
    Browns
    Panthers
    Bengals
    Jax
    As a reserve he could land on any of the teams.

With a chance to compete for the starting job that list narrows to 0.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1090033
    Here you go. TJ would be well on his way to the hall o fame if it weren't for that so called QB guru Childress.
    Someone said it
    You know better than that. The only ones to ever say that the Chiller was a QB gur are the likes of the local sports hacks.

Truth of the matter is, if you look at the Chillers bio (I have and I've posted it several times) he is more of a RB guru than a QB guru.

No one on here, but the misinformed, ever says the Chiller is a QB guru my friend. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

[quote="AngloVike" #1090035]

Last time I looked no-one had made any firm commitment as to how the offensive scheme was going to go for the next season. Given that any scheme needs a QB with half a brain and the technique to go with it then that lets TJ out.

But should anyone want to push the point further
    But I do think we have an idea what the scheme is gonna be, judged on comments by Leslie and the coaching staff he has brought in.

Again, you don't bring in a guy who has done nothing but run a specific version of the WCO (Basically Marty Ball) along with a QB coach that teaches the same stuff along with a OL coach of the same ilk and not know that they are gonna run run run and pass only when they have to. And when they pass it will be short, precise, high percentage stuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1090038
    I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.

Other options......

Raiders
    Titans
    Cards/49'rs
    49'rs/Cards
    Deadskins
    Lions
    Browns
    Panthers
    Bengals
    Jax
    And I still think you're dreaming. I think that despite obvious QB needs of multiple teams - including the Vikings - Jackson rides the FA wire for a LONG time and signs a low-ball deal in the end.

I think that every team you listed saw that the Staff here showed ZERO confidence in Jackson in '09 and '10 - especially when they refused to pull a hurt, struggling Favre for him last season, then dumped him onto IR almost immediately.

If he's still in the NFL in 3 years I'll be stunned.

Caine
    I think that every staff out there saw that this staff finally had a chance at getting a QB that could run the scheme and took a shot. I also think that most staffs will agree that they got lucky with the success they had in 2009.

(Hell even the Noodle kept telling us that we shouldn't expect the same success.)

I think those very same staffs will all agree that TJ, finally got to see how the scheme should be run and benifited from watching from the bench instead of learning on the field, much like he did when he watched the likes of gus, when he made his biggest progression.

Long story short, I still contend the Chiller was ready to go with TJ last year and not the Noodle. When shit hit the fan and he finally shitcanned Moss, my guess is that there were some heated discussions between the Owner and the HC and some "I told you so's" came out.

Then, and only then, did Zygi fire the Chiller.

To your 3 year comment. You could be right but not based on talent. I still say that my biggest concern over TJ is not his abililty to play the position but rather his ability to stay healthy.

My beer bet is riding on that health, not his skillset. I think you will see that I am correct when he actually does get a contract this year. Gonna blow your whole concept out the water......:laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090046
    I think it was Singer.

Yippee. I think I saw the horse twitch so lay it out one more time.

I disagree. Reid knows talent and i don't see him bringing in a guy who would take so much work to develop. If he even mentioned it one of his staffers would probably send him this youtube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhVS13WNTtk

If they gave up on Vince young, who has more talent and more credentials why the heck would the Titans sign him except maybe for a 2nd or 3rd string spot?

Possible. They aren't going anywhere as a team so he might fit. If they decide to try and contend they will let someone else have him.

So let me get this straight- They got burned by a 1st round pick that ended up not panning out so their next move is going to be to stick several more years into a guy who has less talent and has so far proven to be less effective? Yeah.
    I could see TJ as the 2nd or 3rd guy in Cincy.

They could use a backup.

Yeah, they might be the one team crazy enough to sign him but then again they are all about being tough and TJ goes on IR every time he stubs his toe. Not quite cut from the raiders cloth if you ask me.
    Other options......

Yeah, he could be a 3rd stringer there.

Yeah, because he lasted a whole fricking quarter this year before he was on IR for the rest of the year. TJ has really been the model for how to stay healthy so zi can see why they would jump at putting him on the roster.LMAO

Yeah, he can stink it up with the best of them so it looks like the perfect fit.

I knew you would say this. OTOH it shows how out of touch you are with the team and the direction they are heading.No chance. Zero, Zilch, Nada.

OK

Raiders
    Titans
    Cards/49'rs
    49'rs/Cards
    Deadskins
    Lions
    Browns
    Panthers
    Bengals
    Jax
    As a reserve he could land on any of the teams.

With a chance to compete for the starting job that list narrows to 0.
    What makes this all so funny is that you are just as blinded when it comes to TJ as I (which I readily admit) am when it comes to the Noodle.

In the end, atleast I admit it.

One thing, no one, other than a few on here, say TJ isn't talented. Heck, most of the analysts on TV say he is very talented. Their issues with him is that he isn't/wasn't ready.

Nothing to do with talent.

On a side note......

You should take a look at TJ vs VY's stats going into last year. I think you might be very suprised. At one point, on this site, someone was throwing them up there all the time. TJ was beating VY or close to him in every catagory the first couple of years and he didn't cost us a first round pick or a bazillion dollars while he was doing it.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I want to see future hall-of-famer Tarvaris Jackson wind up in Arizona.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1090099
    I want to see future hall-of-famer Tarvaris Jackson wind up in Arizona.
    That's my boy. I respect your honesty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090078
    What makes this all so funny is that you are just as blinded when it comes to TJ as I (which I readily admit) am when it comes to the Noodle.
    Blinded how? Since day 1 I have always said that he had potential, but not in the WCO and certainly not in the KAO. I have said for years that the best place for him to fit in were teams like the Steelers, Cowboys or San Diego because his skill set would be best suited to those offenses. He is not a WCO QB and if you believe he is then we will just agree to disagree like every other aspect of the team.

My other position on him has been that he was prone to injury. I know you disagreed with me but then again this year when he had a chance to prove me wrong and prove you right he goes out and gets hurt in less than a half of football.

In the end, atleast I admit it.
    Admit to what? That Brett was too old and beat up from the abuse the line put him through in 2009? Heck, I have stated that repeatedly time and time again. I hated to see Brett come here in the first place and I doubt that you despised him any more than I did during his time with the Packers. But I did know that he was the best shot the Vikings had in 2009 to get to the SB and that turned out to be correct. If you believe Jackson would have given the team as good of or a better chance to get to the SB in 2009 I would love to see you put it out there in black and white.

I also did not want to see Brett come back in 2010. His ankle was not right and I don't think his head was in it this past year and that showed.

One thing, no one, other than a few on here, say TJ isn't talented. Heck, most of the analysts on TV say he is very talented. Their issues with him is that he isn't/wasn't ready.
    Define talent-

Akili Smith was talented.
    Jamarcus Russell was talented.
    Ryan Leaf was talented.

Yes, TJ has physical talent and you can not find anything I have ever written that says he doesn't have the physical tools to be an NFL athlete. What I have said time after time after time is that he does not have the skill set mentally to run the WCO and that has nothing to do with his physical skills.He was ready physically, his problem is that he will never be ready mentally to run a WCO. Period. And 5 years in the same system with the same coaches is really all any other player in the modern NFL has been given to prove that part.

Nothing to do with talent.
    Partly with talent, but also with the mental part of the game and the ability to stay healthy.

On a side note......

You should take a look at TJ vs VY's stats going into last year. I think you might be very suprised. At one point, on this site, someone was throwing them up there all the time. TJ was beating VY or close to him in every catagory the first couple of years and he didn't cost us a first round pick or a bazillion dollars while he was doing it.
    But in the end neither one of then will be with their original team this year and neither one of them has been able to solidify themselves as a starting QB in this league so comparing one to the other does little to establish any sort of point.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast