Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 327
  1. #101
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090391
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1090388
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090387
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1090380
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090375
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1090370
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090367
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1090364
    Actually I will say that TJ had a shot in 2009. He and Sage were battling for the starting position. Since they both sucked they went out and dragged Favre off his mower.

    The TJ lovers were so happy that TJ beat out Sage for the 2nd spot when the ONLY reasons why he beat Sage was due to the lone INT by Sage in that last preseason game and the YAC by one of the WRs on a long TD. Before that game Sage was actually beating TJ out.

    2010 he also had a shot. The fact he sucked in the OTAs and preseason made Chilly send 3 people down to MS to lure Favre back. If TJ would have shown any kind of promise do you honestly believe Chilly (who reportedly butted heads with Favre) would have sent three players to MS if he was confident with what he already had on the field?

    As far as letting Sage go vs TJ. Let's not forget the fact they reason why that happened. Not because TJ was better than Sage but because Sage had more value as a veteran QB. TJ tested the FA market. How many teams knocked on the door or inquired? Reportedly a whopping zero.

    So I will agree that once Favre decided to play he wasgoing to start no matter what. However if TJ would have shown any promise what-so-ever maybe, just maybe, Favre would have not been lured by Chilly.
    I kindof agree that he could have had a shot in 2009, but if you seriously look at it, who would you want as your starter?

    A future HOF'r or a kid who is starting to get it?

    As to 2010. I still think that the Chiller was ready to move on. It was pretty clear that the Noodle liked to do things that the Chiller didn't like. Truth of the matter is, even the Noodle said it was gonna be hard to replicate what happened in 2009.

    In the end the Chiller did go down there, not to get the Noodle to come, but to figure out if he was done, much like the PUKERS did in 2008. Again, I think the Chiller was happy with that, however, enter the ownership group.

    Once the press got thier fingers into it, and the fans started beeeeyyyyatching, the ownership group made a decision.......increase the number by $4 mil and get him in camp. A "We only care about the gate, not wins" approach that most on here find hard to believe actually happens.

    As to TJ showing no promise. Again, I find it funny that a few on here refuse to see that there were alot of good things that could be seen if you choose to look for them instead of using something like "Preseason" performance.

    Absolutely laughable that right now, that is the only thing most on here use.

    One thing for sure, I can't wait for the season to begin. Gonna be fun drinking EJ and Caines beer. :laugh:
    Like I said, if I lost that bet I would be happy to buy the beer. Unfortunately for you my good buddy Marrdro is it will be the other way around :P

    I need to say something about how "laughable" it is to use the preseason performance. Isn't that what the TJ lovers swore by in 2009 when he was battling with Sage? I will 100% say that it is. So, it does seem somewhat hypocritical if only the one side can use that as a premise and the other side cannot. Sort of like the we can't use the Brady's and Manning's in comparison when it is what the TJ lovers use when looking at the first 16 games of all of their careers.

    Bottom line is this. TJ didn't show enough promise. Even the Favre lovers (or at least most of us) knew Favre wouldn't repeat the 2009 performance. In fact a lot of us didn't really believe he would come back. What I do believe is if TJ had shown any kind of promise in OTAs or preseason Childress and Company would have let Favre stay on his tractor. They are not going to spend $20M on a plyer just because the fans want them to. They will however spend that amount on someone if they believe he is their best chance to win. As poorly as Favre played in 2010 it is still evident to me he was the best chance to win. The sad thing is if TJ would have played we would most likely have a higher draft pick .

    Now, TJ is most likely gone. I wouldn't mind him being a 3rd stringer on the team but to me the Vikings need to go out and grab a vet and draft a QB. I do believe that Webb shows more promise and poise than TJ even at this stage of his career. Yes he made mistakes and was very inconsistent with is play this year. However, what I did see was poise and leadership which is something I rarely saw with TJ in his entire time with the Vikings. In that aspect I would rather stay with Webb and let TJ go. Maybe a new scenery will boost TJ's career. I wish him well. He seems like a great kid. But being a great kid doesn't translate into being a great QB.
    First HOF, now Great.

    Again, TJ is, IMHO, at a level were he is a viable starter. That in no way constitutes great.

    Couple that with the reality of what is currently out there for us to choose from (both FA and Rooks) and you can see why I want to stick with him.

    If nothing else, he knows the system and has proven that he can win in that system.

    No where in there did I say HOF or Great. I think that is what keeps getting lost in all of this.

    In the end, our bet isn't that he will be great this year. It is that he is NFL ready and will play at that level. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Quick question. In all of this, TJ was labled as a 4-5 year project. What has changed in that? Were he was drafted (2nd)? I for one don't think being drafted in the last part of the second round says anything other than what I have pointed out repeatedly, other than VY and Cutler, no other QB in that class has done better than TJ. When it comes to VY, I would take TJ over him every day, mostly because of how TJ has handled himself and I would kill for Cutler. In the end, he is and has always been a 4-5 year project.

    Cam Newton, looks to be a 4 year project. Will that change cause he is drafted higher? Answer is No. Teams are gonna take him high because he is, for them, the best option. Doesn't mean that he is ready, just means he is the best option.
    As was Favre. He was the BEST OPTION for us to win evidenced by what TJ showed in preseason and any other time he took the field.

    I'm not saying you said he is great or a HOF QB. I said he was a great kid which doesn't translate into being a great or even a good QB. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. Just simply pointing out that TJ hasn't proven to be a good QB.

    You keep saying how TJ is a 4-5 year project. I think 2 years ago he was 3-4. It seems to keep going up. Not only that but how could someone be a 5 year project when his contract was less than that. Why would you sign someone for 4 years but plan him to be a 5 year project? That just doesn't add up.

    Bottom line keeps boiling down to TJ has not cut it as a starting QB. He does seem to be better in relief and I think could be a viable back up or 3rd stringer. But any team that plans to use him at this point as a starting QB has a serious problem at that position. Yes, even the Vikings would fit into this category if the situation arose. However, at this point the team would most likely go with Webb over TJ if that were their options.
    No, the bottom line is TJ has not cut it as a starting QB based on very limited chances.

    Every QB gets a full season to prove he is the man. To date, TJ has not had that.

    Using OTA's this year as evidence really isn't a good measure, especially if you watched what the team did/was working on with him in there. It was painfully obvious that the team was working on stuff they intended to use during the season (hard stuff) with TJ in there and were running vanilla base stuff when Sage was in there so they could make him look better so they could garner picks.

    That my friend is a strategy that a organization takes, not just a HC.

    Again, I believe the Chiller was ready to take that look in 2010. The ownership group wasn't. Based on that, along with what I have seen out of TJ I believe another team will give him a shot and he will do fine.
    It will then fall to me to convince you and Caine that "Fine" is enough to warrant free beer from you two. I for one, can't wait for the season to start for many reasons, but that little bet is gonna spice what proves to be a boring season up quite a bit. :P
    Every QB gets a full season to prove he is the man. To date, TJ has not had that.
    TJ has had that. He was the clear starter in 2007. He failed. Wins and losses weren't bad but he still failed. 2008 he was the clear cut starter and failed again. After two games he was benched for a washed up Gus Frerotte because he again, wasn't cutting it.

    Using OTA's this year as evidence really isn't a good measure, especially if you watched what the team did/was working on with him in there. It was painfully obvious that the team was working on stuff they intended to use during the season (hard stuff) with TJ in there and were running vanilla base stuff when Sage was in there so they could make him look better so they could garner picks.
    I can agree using OTAs is not a good measure. However, you cannot prove to me that they used TJ and Sage differently. Fact is it really doesn't matter even if you could.

    What was really painfully obvious is seeing TJ during the preseason suck it up and because he sucked it up the Vikings sent 3 players down to MS to lure Favre back. When Favre returned they in turn traded a QB they could get the most value out of because no one was interested in TJ.
    Don't forget TJ got hurt in 2007. Thats why he lost his job. Gus came in and had the hot hand. When TJ got back in there he did better than most of us (me included cause if you remember I was down on him then) expected.
    Don't forget, TJ got BENCHED 2 games in during 2008. That's why he lost his job. Gus came in and played mediocrely, but still an improvement over TJ. When TJ got back in there, he played decently for a few games, then his performances steadily declined as the pressure increased.

    Again, I point to that time on the bench as his biggest growth period. We haven't seen what the time behind the Noodle did for him. Again, I believe the Chiller was ready to go that route in 2010.
    What do you mean we haven't seen what his time behind Favre did? We watched him go out there, and flat out suck. Enough excuses about how he didn't get to practice with the 1s or any other of that crap, he just sucked. Sucked to the point the coaches thought playing Favre or Webb was a better option. He sucked during preseason, he sucked when he came in for an injured Favre.

    As to why the VIKINGS (I like how you are coming around to that way of thinking) sent 3 players down to get the Noodle.
    Good god, you tell us not to read into the things you say.
    I am still 100% convinced that the Chiller got his answer when he went down. The players went down there cause the owner wasn't happy with that answer.
    And I'm 100% convinced if I try hard enough I can fart so hard I fly. Doesn't make it right

    If you look at it with an open mind, you can see that I might not be 100% off the mark on that.
    You're right, if you look at it with an open mind (ie. ignore all the evidence stating otherwise) you could be right.

  2. #102
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090395
    What do you mean we haven't seen what his time behind Favre did? We watched him go out there, and flat out suck. Enough excuses about how he didn't get to practice with the 1s or any other of that crap, he just sucked. Sucked to the point the coaches thought playing Favre or Webb was a better option. He sucked during preseason, he sucked when he came in for an injured Favre.
    Show me were I said he didn't get a chance to practice with the ones. Truth is, I said that he got alot of reps when the Noodle wasn't there. Problem is, when the Noodle got there, no one got reps with the ones. The Noodle got the predominance of them.

    Additionally, the issues we had a WR prohibited even the Noodle from working with the 1's.....

    As to flat out sucking. What do you mean? Did he throw a few INTs? Yes, but so did our starter. Whats the difference?

    I think alot of that can be attributed to lack of cohesiveness with the whole offense and not just TJ.

    You're right, if you look at it with an open mind (ie. ignore all the evidence stating otherwise) you could be right.
    Same question I asked Caine. What evidence?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #103
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090398
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090395
    What do you mean we haven't seen what his time behind Favre did? We watched him go out there, and flat out suck. Enough excuses about how he didn't get to practice with the 1s or any other of that crap, he just sucked. Sucked to the point the coaches thought playing Favre or Webb was a better option. He sucked during preseason, he sucked when he came in for an injured Favre.
    Show me were I said he didn't get a chance to practice with the ones. Truth is, I said that he got alot of reps when the Noodle wasn't there. Problem is, when the Noodle got there, no one got reps with the ones. The Noodle got the predominance of them.

    Additionally, the issues we had a WR prohibited even the Noodle from working with the 1's.....

    As to flat out sucking. What do you mean? Did he throw a few INTs? Yes, but so did our starter. Whats the difference?
    What do I mean? He still can't make reads, he still looks uncomfortable in the pocket. He still throws those stupid jump passes, he still makes rookie mistakes. He threw 3 TD, 4 INT, 6 sacks, with a 63.9 rating in basically 2 games. He sucked. Yes, Favre played like crap too, but after 5 years, TJ needs to be better. He's not. Favre was hurt all season, and still played better. TJ was healthy, but just can't play the position. I'd rather see Webb's style of make one read, if it's not there tuck and run. It at least was effective at times.

    I think alot of that can be attributed to lack of cohesiveness with the whole offense and not just TJ.
    yes, but it still remains, that TJ IS NOT A GOOD PLAYER. He's bad enough the coaches would rather start Favre ona broken foot and torn shoulder than TJ.
    You're right, if you look at it with an open mind (ie. ignore all the evidence stating otherwise) you could be right.
    Same question I asked Caine. What evidence?
    He keeps telling you, and you keep ignoring it. I'm not going to bother looking it up, because you'll probably ignore that too.

  4. #104
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Does anyone have a link to the official Tarvaris Jackson thread that is about 300 pages long? I couldn't find it using the search function.


    Anyways I just wanted to go back and relive the glory days lol.

    How soon before the free agents start to get signed?

  5. #105
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090399
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090398
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090395
    What do you mean we haven't seen what his time behind Favre did? We watched him go out there, and flat out suck. Enough excuses about how he didn't get to practice with the 1s or any other of that crap, he just sucked. Sucked to the point the coaches thought playing Favre or Webb was a better option. He sucked during preseason, he sucked when he came in for an injured Favre.
    Show me were I said he didn't get a chance to practice with the ones. Truth is, I said that he got alot of reps when the Noodle wasn't there. Problem is, when the Noodle got there, no one got reps with the ones. The Noodle got the predominance of them.

    Additionally, the issues we had a WR prohibited even the Noodle from working with the 1's.....

    As to flat out sucking. What do you mean? Did he throw a few INTs? Yes, but so did our starter. Whats the difference?
    What do I mean? He still can't make reads, he still looks uncomfortable in the pocket. He still throws those stupid jump passes, he still makes rookie mistakes. He threw 3 TD, 4 INT, 6 sacks, with a 63.9 rating in basically 2 games. He sucked. Yes, Favre played like crap too, but after 5 years, TJ needs to be better. He's not. Favre was hurt all season, and still played better. TJ was healthy, but just can't play the position. I'd rather see Webb's style of make one read, if it's not there tuck and run. It at least was effective at times.
    The ole Jump Pass thing again. LOL, what did you think about the Noodle throwing them? Heck, I remember posting 4 other instances were other QB's, playing at a pretty high level threm them as well.

    Why oh why do you keep bringing it up? All QB's do it for goodness sake.

    And trust me, 4 or 5 games of Webb and your opinion of him will be the same as you have for TJ. He isn't ready and won't be ready for along time. Thats why they call them projects.

    He keeps telling you, and you keep ignoring it. I'm not going to bother looking it up, because you'll probably ignore that too.
    He hasn't given me any proof. Only the same articles I use. None of them say that the Chiller sent the players down there. None of them.

    They all speculate, just like we do on here. Speculate.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #106
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090404
    He hasn't given me any proof. Only the same articles I use. None of them say that the Chiller sent the players down there. None of them.

    They all speculate, just like we do on here. Speculate.


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/23/childress-accepts-criticism-for-begging-favre-to-play/

    Criticized for the perception that he begged Brett to play again and the subject of a much-discussed report that Favre believes Childress “has no clue” about offense, Childress says he had one motivation: to win.

    “There are no sacrosanct rules in this business,” Childress told King. “You do what you have to
    do to win, and I’ve got no problem with that. You can’t get a hit if
    you don’t swing the bat.”

    As to that much-publicized Hattiesburg hunt, with Childress sending three players to Mississippi to track, tag, and bag, the elusive albino lion, King thinks that Favre was going to show up on his own in due course, but that Ryan Longwell, Steve Hutchinson, and Jared Allen were allowed to miss meetings and practice with the goal of accelerating the process.

    “The hardest thing we had to do, the hardest thing by far, was getting
    him down that long driveway in Hattiesburg,” Childress said. “Once we
    got him to go down that long driveway, we had him. He was in.”
    http://sportifi.com/news/Brad-Childress-Vikings-felt-teammates-could-convince-Brett-Favre-to-return-in-person-14438.html

    Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress said he authorized sending three players on a recruiting trip on Monday because he felt it would be the clincher to lure Brett Favre back to the team. Childress got approval from team owner Zygi Wilf to send Steve Hutchinson , Ryan Longwell and Jared Allen to Favre's Mississippi home because he felt Favre wouldn't be able to refuse their in-person pleas. "Any kind of relationship you can only get so much done over the phone,"
    :evil:

  7. #107
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090408
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090404
    He hasn't given me any proof. Only the same articles I use. None of them say that the Chiller sent the players down there. None of them.

    They all speculate, just like we do on here. Speculate.


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/23/childress-accepts-criticism-for-begging-favre-to-play/

    Criticized for the perception that he begged Brett to play again and the subject of a much-discussed report that Favre believes Childress “has no clue” about offense, Childress says he had one motivation: to win.

    “There are no sacrosanct rules in this business,” Childress told King. “You do what you have to
    do to win, and I’ve got no problem with that. You can’t get a hit if
    you don’t swing the bat.”

    As to that much-publicized Hattiesburg hunt, with Childress sending three players to Mississippi to track, tag, and bag, the elusive albino lion, King thinks that Favre was going to show up on his own in due course, but that Ryan Longwell, Steve Hutchinson, and Jared Allen were allowed to miss meetings and practice with the goal of accelerating the process.

    “The hardest thing we had to do, the hardest thing by far, was getting
    him down that long driveway in Hattiesburg,” Childress said. “Once we
    got him to go down that long driveway, we had him. He was in.”
    http://sportifi.com/news/Brad-Childress-Vikings-felt-teammates-could-convince-Brett-Favre-to-return-in-person-14438.html

    Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress said he authorized sending three players on a recruiting trip on Monday because he felt it would be the clincher to lure Brett Favre back to the team. Childress got approval from team owner Zygi Wilf to send Steve Hutchinson , Ryan Longwell and Jared Allen to Favre's Mississippi home because he felt Favre wouldn't be able to refuse their in-person pleas. "Any kind of relationship you can only get so much done over the phone,"
    :evil:
    First one says nothing.

    Second one says he authorized it. That doesn't mean he directed it. Close but no cigar my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #108
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090411
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090408
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090404
    He hasn't given me any proof. Only the same articles I use. None of them say that the Chiller sent the players down there. None of them.

    They all speculate, just like we do on here. Speculate.


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/23/childress-accepts-criticism-for-begging-favre-to-play/

    Criticized for the perception that he begged Brett to play again and the subject of a much-discussed report that Favre believes Childress “has no clue” about offense, Childress says he had one motivation: to win.

    “There are no sacrosanct rules in this business,” Childress told King. “You do what you have to
    do to win, and I’ve got no problem with that. You can’t get a hit if
    you don’t swing the bat.”

    As to that much-publicized Hattiesburg hunt, with Childress sending three players to Mississippi to track, tag, and bag, the elusive albino lion, King thinks that Favre was going to show up on his own in due course, but that Ryan Longwell, Steve Hutchinson, and Jared Allen were allowed to miss meetings and practice with the goal of accelerating the process.

    “The hardest thing we had to do, the hardest thing by far, was getting
    him down that long driveway in Hattiesburg,” Childress said. “Once we
    got him to go down that long driveway, we had him. He was in.”
    http://sportifi.com/news/Brad-Childress-Vikings-felt-teammates-could-convince-Brett-Favre-to-return-in-person-14438.html

    Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress said he authorized sending three players on a recruiting trip on Monday because he felt it would be the clincher to lure Brett Favre back to the team. Childress got approval from team owner Zygi Wilf to send Steve Hutchinson , Ryan Longwell and Jared Allen to Favre's Mississippi home because he felt Favre wouldn't be able to refuse their in-person pleas. "Any kind of relationship you can only get so much done over the phone,"
    :evil:
    First one says nothing.

    Second one says he authorized it. That doesn't mean he directed it. Close but no cigar my friend.
    I figured you would see it that way.


    Just remember to be fair and hold yourself to that same standard instead of pulling theories out of thin air and trying to pass them off as truth.:laugh:

  9. #109
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090421
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090411
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090408
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090404
    He hasn't given me any proof. Only the same articles I use. None of them say that the Chiller sent the players down there. None of them.

    They all speculate, just like we do on here. Speculate.


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/23/childress-accepts-criticism-for-begging-favre-to-play/

    Criticized for the perception that he begged Brett to play again and the subject of a much-discussed report that Favre believes Childress “has no clue” about offense, Childress says he had one motivation: to win.

    “There are no sacrosanct rules in this business,” Childress told King. “You do what you have to
    do to win, and I’ve got no problem with that. You can’t get a hit if
    you don’t swing the bat.”

    As to that much-publicized Hattiesburg hunt, with Childress sending three players to Mississippi to track, tag, and bag, the elusive albino lion, King thinks that Favre was going to show up on his own in due course, but that Ryan Longwell, Steve Hutchinson, and Jared Allen were allowed to miss meetings and practice with the goal of accelerating the process.

    “The hardest thing we had to do, the hardest thing by far, was getting
    him down that long driveway in Hattiesburg,” Childress said. “Once we
    got him to go down that long driveway, we had him. He was in.”
    http://sportifi.com/news/Brad-Childress-Vikings-felt-teammates-could-convince-Brett-Favre-to-return-in-person-14438.html

    Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress said he authorized sending three players on a recruiting trip on Monday because he felt it would be the clincher to lure Brett Favre back to the team. Childress got approval from team owner Zygi Wilf to send Steve Hutchinson , Ryan Longwell and Jared Allen to Favre's Mississippi home because he felt Favre wouldn't be able to refuse their in-person pleas. "Any kind of relationship you can only get so much done over the phone,"
    :evil:
    First one says nothing.

    Second one says he authorized it. That doesn't mean he directed it. Close but no cigar my friend.
    I figured you would see it that way.


    Just remember to be fair and hold yourself to that same standard instead of pulling theories out of thin air and trying to pass them off as truth.:laugh:
    Two things,.......1) your almost catching on. 2) I never try to pass anything off I say as truth. If it was truth I would be doing something else for a living.

    In the end, I'm just a yutz on the internet with a keyboard with an opinion who likes to discuss those opinions. Nothing more, nothing less.

    On a side note, why didn't you include the other quotes from that article?

    "Any kind of relationship you can only get so much done over the phone," Childress said, referencing the communication players had been having with Favre.
    Players, not the Chiller.....

    "We wanted him back," Childress said. "It wasn't me wanting him back. It was WE wanting him back."
    We not me.....

    The Chiller went down once and was happy with the time it was taking for him to make a decision. I think that what ensued afterwards, some brought on by the chance that the Noodle started to show signs of changing his mind, lead to the second visit or if nothing else, just to speed up the process of him finally making a decision.

    In the end, that doesn't mean that the Chiller was or wasn't ready to go with TJ. Fact of the matter is, he seemed pretty comfortable with the whole indicisiveness until the whole "Player to Nooodle" emails/texted started.

    Childress visits with undecided Favre

    Coach: Visit to Favre's not for business

    On a side note, what the hell does Zygi think he's doing?

    Childress got approval from team owner Zygi Wilf
    Sticking his nose in the Chllers business. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #110
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090422
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090421
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090411
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090408
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090404
    He hasn't given me any proof. Only the same articles I use. None of them say that the Chiller sent the players down there. None of them.

    They all speculate, just like we do on here. Speculate.


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/23/childress-accepts-criticism-for-begging-favre-to-play/

    Criticized for the perception that he begged Brett to play again and the subject of a much-discussed report that Favre believes Childress “has no clue” about offense, Childress says he had one motivation: to win.

    “There are no sacrosanct rules in this business,” Childress told King. “You do what you have to
    do to win, and I’ve got no problem with that. You can’t get a hit if
    you don’t swing the bat.”

    As to that much-publicized Hattiesburg hunt, with Childress sending three players to Mississippi to track, tag, and bag, the elusive albino lion, King thinks that Favre was going to show up on his own in due course, but that Ryan Longwell, Steve Hutchinson, and Jared Allen were allowed to miss meetings and practice with the goal of accelerating the process.

    “The hardest thing we had to do, the hardest thing by far, was getting
    him down that long driveway in Hattiesburg,” Childress said. “Once we
    got him to go down that long driveway, we had him. He was in.”
    http://sportifi.com/news/Brad-Childress-Vikings-felt-teammates-could-convince-Brett-Favre-to-return-in-person-14438.html

    Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress said he authorized sending three players on a recruiting trip on Monday because he felt it would be the clincher to lure Brett Favre back to the team. Childress got approval from team owner Zygi Wilf to send Steve Hutchinson , Ryan Longwell and Jared Allen to Favre's Mississippi home because he felt Favre wouldn't be able to refuse their in-person pleas. "Any kind of relationship you can only get so much done over the phone,"
    :evil:
    First one says nothing.

    Second one says he authorized it. That doesn't mean he directed it. Close but no cigar my friend.
    I figured you would see it that way.


    Just remember to be fair and hold yourself to that same standard instead of pulling theories out of thin air and trying to pass them off as truth.:laugh:
    Two things,.......1) your almost catching on. 2) I never try to pass anything off I say as truth. If it was truth I would be doing something else for a living.

    In the end, I'm just a yutz on the internet with a keyboard with an opinion who likes to discuss those opinions. Nothing more, nothing less.

    On a side note, why didn't you include the other quotes from that article?

    "Any kind of relationship you can only get so much done over the phone," Childress said, referencing the communication players had been having with Favre.
    Players, not the Chiller.....

    "We wanted him back," Childress said. "It wasn't me wanting him back. It was WE wanting him back."
    We not me.....

    The Chiller went down once and was happy with the time it was taking for him to make a decision. I think that what ensued afterwards, some brought on by the chance that the Noodle started to show signs of changing his mind, lead to the second visit or if nothing else, just to speed up the process of him finally making a decision.

    In the end, that doesn't mean that the Chiller was or wasn't ready to go with TJ. Fact of the matter is, he seemed pretty comfortable with the whole indicisiveness until the whole "Player to Nooodle" emails/texted started.

    Childress visits with undecided Favre

    Coach: Visit to Favre's not for business

    On a side note, what the hell does Zygi think he's doing?

    Childress got approval from team owner Zygi Wilf
    Sticking his nose in the Chllers business. :laugh:
    The WE only means there was a good chance that he had a turd in his pocket.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Tarvaris Jackson Thread
    By ndobney in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8678
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 07:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •