Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.

I am looking for predictions on where he will go, if he will start and how big of a contract he will sign with that team.

I am going to go out on a limb and say he will sign a 2 year 7 million dollar contract. I don't know what team for sure but I am going to throw out the most likely teams I think might be interested.The list might change depending on whether any of the teams draft a QB high in the draft.

Cleveland
    Cincy
    Jacksonville
    SF
    Arizona
    Tennessee

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Official Tarvaris Jackson tour watch

I was thinking he would end up with the Eagles as a backup to Vick, not too sure where the Eagles are with Kafka but if they move Kolb they might want some veteran backup who has some experience in a form of the west coast offense. That and Vick had some health issues last year, Jackson might just fit into that scheme, especially if they just take Childress's word and don't watch too much tape
    I think he'd get a 1 year deal with a second year option ~ 1 to 1.5 mil a season

Then again didn't Jackson pull his house off the market in Savage in early Dec

Vikings backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has taken his 4,500-square-foot home in Savage, which had been for sale for $524,900, off the market.....The Vikings told Jackson that Favre’s done, they’re not drafting a QB, and he’s their guy, so take the house off the market,
    Link

inch:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1089961
    I think it is pretty obvious from all of the reports that our future HOF QB Tarvaris Jackson is going to command too much money for us to keep and he is going to bolt to the team who pays him the most.
    What reports? I haven't seen or heard of any. Links?

And why is this is General NFL? Is it because of his FA status? If that's the case, then all articles/threads regarding Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwards, Robison, etc should be funneled in to the general NFL as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089974

And why is this is General NFL? Is it because of his FA status? If that's the case, then all articles/threads regarding Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwards, Robison, etc should be funneled in to the general NFL as well.
    It's because he's not going to be a Viking and we all know it. Greenway is franchised, Rice will be resigned, and we don't know about the other 3. But we can all be sure the tjokester is gone from our team.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1089963
    no he didn't pull off the market, it just slid down the depth chart compared to others in the area, mirroring TJ's performance with the Vikes.
    Last report had it at #3 in his street, just behind an abandoned RV and a dog kennel...
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1089974

Maybe you should stick around a bit more then. There have been a few that were posted indicating he was not going to be brought back.

It is in the general section because the Vikings indicated they were not bringing him back. Greenway was given the franchise tag so he is taken care of and whenever the Vikings indicate that they are not bringing back Rice, Edwards, Robison etc I will post them here too.

There also might have been a bit of sarcasm that went right over your head in that too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1089981
    no he didn't pull off the market, it just slid down the depth chart compared to others in the area, mirroring TJ's performance with the Vikes.
    Last report had it at #3 in his street, just behind an abandoned RV and a dog kennel...
    Now that is funny right there.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1089981

....I didn't know Mike Vick had a house there....

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What a great idea for a thread, well, minus that comment. Again, who in the hell ever said he was a HOF QB? Still waiting for a quote.

As to your thread.........

I've laid it out in two or three other threads of this nature, however, I will do it again, just for you.

Iggles is the most obvious, however, I don't think that will be the answer. I think they are pretty happy with a couple of their project guys behind Vick. Besides, I don't think they are going to do anything with Kolb right away, mostly based on what their asking price is gonna be. Remembering of course what they turned down last year.

Titans. Probably the next closest thing to a place he would start. Fits the scheme, that probably won't change based on their selection at HC.

49'rs. I think these guys will be right in there with the Cards when it comes to Dnabbs services. One of them might be the ones who winds up with TJ instead of Dnabb. Both will start out in the Kolb sweepstakes but won't give the asking price.

Cards. See 49rs. Something to add here, for both teams, both of them have recently been burned by the "First round pick" solution and, especially the Cards, will want a vet there to install/run their scheme.

Bengals. I'm not so sure Carson will retire. My guess, he is lobbying for something and will get it, in the end. I know alot of Bengals fans who are ready to move on though.

Jax. Don't see it. Garrard just needs some targets to throw the ball to.

Raiders. We saw them give up picks for Campbell and he isn't the answer. I could TJ getting alot of attention from Al and the Raiders. I also think TJ would be happy out there, given the progres they've made. Add one more WR to that mix and they will be alot better next year than some think.

Other options......

Deadskins. I'm not so sure this would be a good fit but they only signed Dnabb to the deal so they could control were he goes. I get the sneaky suspicion that they might try to give it a go with Rex and might add a guy like TJ as a insurance policy if he stinks it up.

Lions. Someone has to prove he can stay healthy. I think the staff would be extremely happy with the likes of TJ on the roster as a gaurantee.

Which brings in other teams like the Browns, Panthers, etc who have youngsters drafted last year that stunk it up all year. He might land at one of those places and given a viable chance to compete with/against those kids.

Vikings. YUP, still saying it. If they were smart, they would go ahead and try to ink him for a 3 year contract. Seriously, is there anyone else out there that is available, that has proven he can win games in the scheme we run? Lets not forget, the scheme isn't changing my friends. Just the blocking scheme for the running game.

In the end, and to answer the question. I would put them in this order, based on the assumption Kolb will be traded, but traded late:

Raiders
    Titans
    Cards/49'rs
    49'rs/Cards
    Deadskins
    Lions
    Browns
    Panthers
    Bengals
    Jax
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090031
    What a great idea for a thread, well, minus that comment. Again, who in the hell ever said he was a HOF QB? Still waiting for a quote.

As to your thread.........

I've laid it out in two or three other threads of this nature, however, I will do it again, just for you.

Iggles is the most obvious, however, I don't think that will be the answer. I think they are pretty happy with a couple of their project guys behind Vick. Besides, I don't think they are going to do anything with Kolb right away, mostly based on what their asking price is gonna be. Remembering of course what they turned down last year.

Titans. Probably the next closest thing to a place he would start. Fits the scheme, that probably won't change based on their selection at HC.

49'rs. I think these guys will be right in there with the Cards when it comes to Dnabbs services. One of them might be the ones who winds up with TJ instead of Dnabb. Both will start out in the Kolb sweepstakes but won't give the asking price.

Cards. See 49rs. Something to add here, for both teams, both of them have recently been burned by the "First round pick" solution and, especially the Cards, will want a vet there to install/run their scheme.

Bengals. I'm not so sure Carson will retire. My guess, he is lobbying for something and will get it, in the end. I know alot of Bengals fans who are ready to move on though.

Jax. Don't see it. Garrard just needs some targets to throw the ball to.

Raiders. We saw them give up picks for Campbell and he isn't the answer. I could TJ getting alot of attention from Al and the Raiders. I also think TJ would be happy out there, given the progres they've made. Add one more WR to that mix and they will be alot better next year than some think.

Other options......

Deadskins. I'm not so sure this would be a good fit but they only signed Dnabb to the deal so they could control were he goes. I get the sneaky suspicion that they might try to give it a go with Rex and might add a guy like TJ as a insurance policy if he stinks it up.

Lions. Someone has to prove he can stay healthy. I think the staff would be extremely happy with the likes of TJ on the roster as a gaurantee.

Which brings in other teams like the Browns, Panthers, etc who have youngsters drafted last year that stunk it up all year. He might land at one of those places and given a viable chance to compete with/against those kids.

Vikings. YUP, still saying it. If they were smart, they would go ahead and try to ink him for a 3 year contract. Seriously, is there anyone else out there that is available, that has proven he can win games in the scheme we run? Lets not forget, the scheme isn't changing my friends. Just the blocking scheme for the running game.

In the end, and to answer the question. I would put them in this order, based on the assumption Kolb will be traded, but traded late:

Raiders
    Titans
    Cards/49'rs
    49'rs/Cards
    Deadskins
    Lions
    Browns
    Panthers
    Bengals
    Jax
    Here you go. TJ would be well on his way to the hall o fame if it weren't for that so called QB guru Childress.
    Someone said it
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast