Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Official Super Bowl XLV Thread

Culpepper_4717 is online now Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1088536
    That's probably one of the worst lyrical songs of all time.

keystonevike is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1088352
    The two teams i dislike the most have made the Superbowl

FML!
    +1. I detest both teams as well.

JPPT1974 is offline Starter

Both teams have great offenses and defenses. But hopefully it will be a close game and not a blow out! As ratings bring close games that's why!
    NFL 2013 is Here!

Quote Originally Posted by "JPPT1974" #1088540
    Both teams have great offenses and defenses. But hopefully it will be a close game and not a blow out! As ratings bring close games that's why!
    I don't know if my heart can take that.

At least, not without some alcohol flowing.

Anyway, this one does look to be shaping up to be a close game. I just hope that Rodgers survives this game. If there's one thing I'm envious of from another team, it's the Pittsburgh LBers. Having James Harrison on one side and LaMarr Woodley on the other is about as good as a tandem as you'll ever see. Then you have a guy like Timmons who can get to the QB from the ILB position and the veteran Farrior, who's no stranger to sacks either. That LBing group is absolutely amazing.

Then again, we have Raji going up against, I asume, Legursky with Pouncey out. Cullen Jenkins, one of the most underrated 3-4 DEs next to him. Ryan Pickett on the other side who can eat some blocks. That's a 3 man D-line that should absorb about 5 blocks just by themselves. Then you have Matthews coming off the edge.

Offensive lines might just win this game. The irony is, of course, that both units as a whole haven't been exactly spectacular.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Rockmolder" #1088548

Anyway, this one does look to be shaping up to be a close game. I just hope that Rodgers survives this game. If there's one thing I'm envious of from another team, it's the Pittsburgh LBers. Having James Harrison on one side and LaMarr Woodley on the other is about as good as a tandem as you'll ever see. Then you have a guy like Timmons who can get to the QB from the ILB position and the veteran Farrior, who's no stranger to sacks either. That LBing group is absolutely amazing.

Then again, we have Raji going up against, I asume, Legursky with Pouncey out. Cullen Jenkins, one of the most underrated 3-4 DEs next to him. Ryan Pickett on the other side who can eat some blocks. That's a 3 man D-line that should absorb about 5 blocks just by themselves. Then you have Matthews coming off the edge.

Offensive lines might just win this game. The irony is, of course, that both units as a whole haven't been exactly spectacular.
    One thing I noticed against the Bears, was Rodgers play didn't seem quite as sharp after he took that first hard shot.Green Bay will need to keep Harrison off Rodgers. That guy is a beast.
    Can't run against the Steelers, so you need to protect Rodgers.

Green Bay's defense can keep them in the game providing they can stop the run.
    I expect the Steelers to have some success running the ball.

Should be a good game.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1088558

One thing I noticed against the Bears, was Rodgers play didn't seem quite as sharp after he took that first hard shot.Green Bay will need to keep Harrison off Rodgers. That guy is a beast.

Should be a good game.
    I agree. Fox noted that after Peppers hit him, Rogers was off the rest of the game. He was concentrating on where Peppers was and not his receivers. They noted that if Peppers could get that kind of reaction from every QB he wouldn't mind the fine or penalty for at least once a game. Good luck, but if the Steelers get to Rogers early it could be a long day for the Pack.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Bkfldviking" #1088559

Should be a good game.
    I agree. Fox noted that after Peppers hit him, Rogers was off the rest of the game. He was concentrating on where Peppers was and not his receivers. They noted that if Peppers could get that kind of reaction from every QB he wouldn't mind the fine or penalty for at least once a game. Good luck, but if the Steelers get to Rogers early it could be a long day for the Pack.
    Injuring the QB seems to be the formula for success since the Saints started doing it in the playoffs last year.
    Even with all the rules to protect them, QB's take a pounding. And running QB's are lucky to survive a season.
    Some day all the QB's may be the size of linemen!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1088409
    OK, so, 40+ year Vikings fan. Hate the Packers, grew up hating the Steelers. After all of these years, I've grown to respect the Steelers Organization and their rabid fans; and, I've spent a fair amount of time in Pittsburgh.

That's the backdrop, so, I have the opportunity to go to this Super Bowl, hosting a couple of Customers. I can easily delegate to one of the folks on my Team... What would you do?
    You HAVE to go. Unless of course you have been to a SB already. This way you have the potential to witness the one of your most vilified teams lose (hopefully GB). Either way you get to do what few others will do in a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1088561
    Quote Originally Posted by "Bkfldviking" #1088559

Should be a good game.
    Injuring the QB seems to be the formula for success since the Saints started doing it in the playoffs last year.
    Even with all the rules to protect them, QB's take a pounding. And running QB's are lucky to survive a season.
    Some day all the QB's may be the size of linemen!
    I totally agree with the above sentiment.

The gameplan against any elite QB is to 1) get them off their spot, and 2) hit them. Many teams of late have struggled to get to Rodgers and when they have he has escaped the rush and made a big play. As proven in the past if you can hit Rodgers a couple times his play diminishes greatly. I believe that this is the key to the game along with seeing if GB can stop their running game.

I think Pittsburgh gets it done because of the above.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast