Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Official "Pick-em" Thread

    "C" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

    Week 8 "expert picks"


    Wow does shlereth finally believe?
    Fun to look through the early likes ... like Wickersham who picked the 49ers, Ravens and the frickin Browns to beat us ... or Shefter who picked the Packers BOTH times against us and picked the Ravens ... or Schlereth who picked the 49ers and Ravens to beat us ...

    Funny to me that instead of adjusting to the fact that their preseason picks were WRONG (Schefter and Schlereth ... and Schein for that matter, must be all Sch names that hate us) they keep picking against us hoping that somehow their preseason picks end up coming through.
    49ers and Ravens almost did beat us. I don't think those picks were too bad.

    We can thank our lucky stars those were both W's.
    Last year, our team put in those situations I believe would would have lost those games.
    Obviously, not this year.

    I think it has something more to do with the product on the field than it has to do with 'lucky stars'.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  2. #12
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Official "Pick-em" Thread

    "Formo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

    Week 8 "expert picks"


    Wow does shlereth finally believe?
    Fun to look through the early likes ... like Wickersham who picked the 49ers, Ravens and the frickin Browns to beat us ... or Shefter who picked the Packers BOTH times against us and picked the Ravens ... or Schlereth who picked the 49ers and Ravens to beat us ...

    Funny to me that instead of adjusting to the fact that their preseason picks were WRONG (Schefter and Schlereth ... and Schein for that matter, must be all Sch names that hate us) they keep picking against us hoping that somehow their preseason picks end up coming through.
    49ers and Ravens almost did beat us. I don't think those picks were too bad.

    We can thank our lucky stars those were both W's.
    Last year, our team put in those situations I believe would would have lost those games.
    Obviously, not this year.

    I think it has something more to do with the product on the field than it has to do with 'lucky stars'.
    The Raven's kicker missing the field goal was not the product we put on the field... it was the Ravens having a crappy kicker.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Official "Pick-em" Thread

    Look at all those "Professional Writers" that are wrong.

  4. #14
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Official "Pick-em" Thread

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Look at all those "Professional Writers" that are wrong.
    Predict the future? Probably not.

    Successful analysis of a football game after the fact? Yeah, I'd probably listen to what they have to say.

    Except for Dan Dierdorf.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #15
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Official "Pick-em" Thread

    "C" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

    Week 8 "expert picks"


    Wow does shlereth finally believe?
    Fun to look through the early likes ... like Wickersham who picked the 49ers, Ravens and the frickin Browns to beat us ... or Shefter who picked the Packers BOTH times against us and picked the Ravens ... or Schlereth who picked the 49ers and Ravens to beat us ...

    Funny to me that instead of adjusting to the fact that their preseason picks were WRONG (Schefter and Schlereth ... and Schein for that matter, must be all Sch names that hate us) they keep picking against us hoping that somehow their preseason picks end up coming through.
    49ers and Ravens almost did beat us. I don't think those picks were too bad.

    We can thank our lucky stars those were both W's.
    Last year, our team put in those situations I believe would would have lost those games.
    Obviously, not this year.

    I think it has something more to do with the product on the field than it has to do with 'lucky stars'.
    The Raven's kicker missing the field goal was not the product we put on the field... it was the Ravens having a crappy kicker.
    But the situation that lead to that FG DID have to do with the product we fielded.
    Our offense was good enough to get a HUGE jump on that Ravens defense.
    Good thing, too.
    Who know how that game would have ended up.

    I'm refusing to look at the 2 plays that 'gave' us 2 wins.
    I'm looking at 8 quarters worth of football.
    Try it once.
    =D
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  6. #16
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Official "Pick-em" Thread

    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Look at all those "Professional Writers" that are wrong.
    Predict the future? Probably not.

    Successful analysis of a football game after the fact? Yeah, I'd probably listen to what they have to say.

    Except for Dan Dierdorf.
    Checkmate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. The will Marrdro finally get his DT pick thread
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 03:49 PM
  2. Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 03:16 PM
  3. Official: The Vikings have the 12th overall pick
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 04:42 AM
  4. The Officailly official thread for everything official
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 11:28 AM
  5. The Official Draft Pick Thread
    By SageVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 03:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •