Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: THE OFFICIAL NFL TEAMS FREE AGENT SIGNINGS THREAD!

More deals:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=6524422
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

POSTED 11:38 p.m. EST, March 6, 2007

A STORM IS COMING
    pft.com

One of the likely consequences of the current salary spending spree, in which plenty of cap room is being devoted to plenty of guys who aren't as skilled or accomplished as plenty of others already under contract, is a looming rash of locker room discontent.

The problem?
    The players who realized right place/right time windfalls in free agency are setting the floor for the future paydays of other players who regard themselves as "better" than the players who are getting paid tens of millions of guaranteed dollars.

And we're already picking up indications that, once the dust settles in free agency, plenty of agents will then huddle with their non-free-agent clients about pursuing adjustments to contracts negotiated before the salary cap made like Wile E. Coyote strapped to an oversized bottle rocket.

With the ability of teams to recover bonus money limited under the new CBA, there could be more holdouts.
    Even if players don't stay away from mandatory or voluntary sessions, there likely will be unprecedented tension coming from key veterans who are making far less money than some Johnny Come Lately who was lucky enough to be on the market at a time when the overall talent was depleted -- and the cap had jumped a total of $14 million in less than a full calendar year.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    POSTED 11:38 p.m. EST, March 6, 2007

A STORM IS COMING
    pft.com

One of the likely consequences of the current salary spending spree, in which plenty of cap room is being devoted to plenty of guys who aren't as skilled or accomplished as plenty of others already under contract, is a looming rash of locker room discontent.

The problem?
    The players who realized right place/right time windfalls in free agency are setting the floor for the future paydays of other players who regard themselves as "better" than the players who are getting paid tens of millions of guaranteed dollars.

And we're already picking up indications that, once the dust settles in free agency, plenty of agents will then huddle with their non-free-agent clients about pursuing adjustments to contracts negotiated before the salary cap made like Wile E. Coyote strapped to an oversized bottle rocket.

With the ability of teams to recover bonus money limited under the new CBA, there could be more holdouts.
    Even if players don't stay away from mandatory or voluntary sessions, there likely will be unprecedented tension coming from key veterans who are making far less money than some Johnny Come Lately who was lucky enough to be on the market at a time when the overall talent was depleted -- and the cap had jumped a total of $14 million in less than a full calendar year.

THIS is probably the ONE good thing about the Vikings NOT making a splash in FA....at least I HOPE that maybe the Vikings Front Office was thinking that far ahead.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    THIS is probably the ONE good thing about the Vikings NOT making a splash in FA....at least I HOPE that maybe the Vikings Front Office was thinking that far ahead.
    All things are not created equally.
    I'll take one good thing that has a proportionately heavier weight over the perceived bad things, especially when they are potentially good.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    All things are not created equally.
    I'll take one good thing that has a proportionately heavier weight over the perceived bad things, especially when they are potentially good.
    RobB has shown time and time again that he thinks far into the future when putting together contracts and numbers.
    I have no doubt he has a handle on any twists and turns related to the money.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

The latest FA movement (from PFT):

2007 FREE AGENT MOVEMENT
    LAST UPDATED:
    11:07 p.m. EST, March 5, 2007

AFC East
    Bills:
    G Derrick Dockery (Redskins); T Langston Walker (Raiders); G Jason Whittle (Vikings).

Dolphins:
    TE David Martin (Packers).

Jets:
    DE Kenyon Coleman (Cowboys).

Patriots:
    TE Kyle Brady (Jaguars); LB Adalius Thomas (Ravens); RB Sammy Morris (Dolphins).

AFC North
    Bengals:

Browns:
    T Eric Steinbach (Bengals); DE Antwan Peek (Texans); CB Kenny Wright (Redskins).

Ravens:

Steelers:

AFC South
    Colts:

Jaguars:
    OT Tony Pashos (Ravens); WR Dennis Northcutt (Browns).

Texans:
    RB Ahman Green (Packers).

Titans:

AFC West
    Broncos:
    G Montrae Holland (Saints); RB Travis Henry (Titans); TE Daniel Graham (Patriots).

Chargers:

Chiefs:
    OT Damion McIntosh (Dolphins); LB Napoleon Harris (Vikings).

Raiders:
    C Jeremy Newberry (49ers).

NFC East
    Cowboys:
    OL Leonard Davis (Cardinals); QB Brad Johnson (Vikings).

Eagles:

Giants:

Redskins:
    LB London Fletcher (Bills); CB Fred Smoot (Vikings).

NFC North
    Bears:

Lions:
    DE Dewayne White (Buccaneers).

Packers:

Vikings:
    LB Vinny Ciurciu (Panthers); TE Visanthe Shiancoe (Giants); WR Bobby Wade (Titans).

NFC South
    Bucs:
    LB/DE Patrick Chukwurah (Broncos); QB Jeff Garcia (Eagles); FB B.J. Askew (Jets); DE Kevin Carter (Dolphins).

Falcons:
    FB Ovie Mughelli (Ravens); LB
    Marcus Wilkins (Bengals).

Panthers:

Saints:
    LB Brian Simmons (Bengals).

NFC West
    Cardinals:
    Al Johnson (Cowboys).

49ers:
    CB Nate Clements (Bills); S Michael Lewis (Eagles); DT Aubrayo Franklin (Ravens); WR Ashley Lelie (Falcons); LB Tully Banta-Cain (Patriots).

Rams:
    WR Drew Bennett (Titans).

Seahawks:
    DE Patrick Kerney (Falcons).

---
    So - only one team, the Niners, has been more active in Free Agency so far than the Vikings.
    And when I look at that list, I see only TWO All-Pros (Nate Clements and Adalius Thomas).

Conclusion:
    all the angst is misplaced and people need to get a grip.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

Interesting article by Adam Scheftner saying that Tampa Bay may be a player in the Randy Moss sweepstakes, could be good for us and Calvin Johnson....

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10043397

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Interesting Ocho.
    I am also watching the whole Trent Green thing.
    Not sure if he can run the WCO or not though.
    Need to research him a bit more but heard that he has the 3rd most yards in the last 5 years and I think he was hurt abunch in there.

Again, I haven't researched that yet, just heard it on ESPN or the NFL Network.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Zeus" wrote:
    The latest FA movement (from PFT):

2007 FREE AGENT MOVEMENT
    LAST UPDATED:
    11:07 p.m. EST, March 5, 2007

AFC East
    Bills:
    G Derrick Dockery (Redskins); T Langston Walker (Raiders); G Jason Whittle (Vikings).

Dolphins:
    TE David Martin (Packers).

Jets:
    DE Kenyon Coleman (Cowboys).

Patriots:
    TE Kyle Brady (Jaguars); LB Adalius Thomas (Ravens); RB Sammy Morris (Dolphins).

AFC North
    Bengals:

Browns:
    T Eric Steinbach (Bengals); DE Antwan Peek (Texans); CB Kenny Wright (Redskins).

Ravens:

Steelers:

AFC South
    Colts:

Jaguars:
    OT Tony Pashos (Ravens); WR Dennis Northcutt (Browns).

Texans:
    RB Ahman Green (Packers).

Titans:

AFC West
    Broncos:
    G Montrae Holland (Saints); RB Travis Henry (Titans); TE Daniel Graham (Patriots).

Chargers:

Chiefs:
    OT Damion McIntosh (Dolphins); LB Napoleon Harris (Vikings).

Raiders:
    C Jeremy Newberry (49ers).

NFC East
    Cowboys:
    OL Leonard Davis (Cardinals); QB Brad Johnson (Vikings).

Eagles:

Giants:

Redskins:
    LB London Fletcher (Bills); CB Fred Smoot (Vikings).

NFC North
    Bears:

Lions:
    DE Dewayne White (Buccaneers).

Packers:

Vikings:
    LB Vinny Ciurciu (Panthers); TE Visanthe Shiancoe (Giants); WR Bobby Wade (Titans).

NFC South
    Bucs:
    LB/DE Patrick Chukwurah (Broncos); QB Jeff Garcia (Eagles); FB B.J. Askew (Jets); DE Kevin Carter (Dolphins).

Falcons:
    FB Ovie Mughelli (Ravens); LB
    Marcus Wilkins (Bengals).

Panthers:

Saints:
    LB Brian Simmons (Bengals).

NFC West
    Cardinals:
    Al Johnson (Cowboys).

49ers:
    CB Nate Clements (Bills); S Michael Lewis (Eagles); DT Aubrayo Franklin (Ravens); WR Ashley Lelie (Falcons); LB Tully Banta-Cain (Patriots).

Rams:
    WR Drew Bennett (Titans).

Seahawks:
    DE Patrick Kerney (Falcons).

---
    So - only one team, the Niners, has been more active in Free Agency so far than the Vikings.
    And when I look at that list, I see only TWO All-Pros (Nate Clements and Adalius Thomas).

Conclusion:
    all the angst is misplaced and people need to get a grip.

=Z=
    BUT we don't CARE about all the other teams...except that they all SUCK so we can win it all!
    The angst stems from the fact that we feel that there are holes on the offense (#1 WR) that aren't being addressed and that can't be addressed via the draft.
    IF they sign a vet that can be the #1 WR until a younger guy can step in, I personally will feel MUCH better about our FA activity...or lack of it.
    Oh yeah...and if they would trade for Donnie Edwards!

"OchoCinco" wrote:
    Interesting article by Adam Scheftner saying that Tampa Bay may be a player in the Randy Moss sweepstakes, could be good for us and Calvin Johnson....

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10043397
    That would be AWESOME!!!
    Kill two birds with one stone...open the door for us to get Calvin Johnson...AND keep him out of New England!
    ;D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12