Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

Official "TO new team will be..."Thread

This thread probably will get locked but who do u guys think will take the chance on TO next year?

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Official "TO new team will be..."Thread

I think someone actually will take a chance.. Even with his problems.. Someone who needs a quick upgrade.. Not sure who.. But I bet he will play one last season with a team

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Let him go to Green Bay, and then he'll start bad mouthing Favre.. if he's still there. Just don't call Minnesota, we have no openings for you.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

T Ownes should come to minnesota. we need a reciever with his talent. I take him any day of the week.

NOT!!!!!!!!

TATEone is offline Starter

I had heard he liked the Falcons, but can you imagine how pissed he would be with Vick.
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I don't know. I am kinda torn between the benefits and the cancer.

Yes, I would like to see us get a proven playmaker. But he is all about himself and only himself.

I doubt Ziggy would want to draw any more media attention on the team.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

The Wal-Mart team, they'd be happy to have him aboard. but since he's a retard, he'd have to be a greeter...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Since he is a challenged Hillbilly lover and seems to have a thing for Favre, maybe the Pack will go out and get him!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Since he is a challenged Hillbilly lover and seems to have a thing for Favre, maybe the Pack will go out and get him!
    challenged hillbilly lover is the censor on re-tard

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

POSTED 4:12 p.m. EST, November 7, 2005
    ProFootballTalk
    Mike Florio

OWENS DONE, BUT STILL AN EAGLE

They didn't release him, but he'll never play for them again.

On Monday, the Philadelphia Eagles announced that Owens will be suspended for a total of four games and that, after the suspension, he will not return to the team.

Technically, it's not a release, since Owens will be on the roster and deactivated (but paid) for the final five games of the season. As to his four-game suspension, the NFLPA has advised the team that a grievance challenging the action will be pursued. Hanging in the balance is more than $823,000.

Implicit in the team's statement is that the Eagles will terminate Owens prior to March 1, 2006, in order to avoid $7.5 million in roster and option boni. He then will become an unrestricted free agent.

Current speculation in league circles is that the Broncos will offer him a one-year, short-fuse, incentive-laden deal once he's on the market. We continue to believe that Redskins owner Dan Snyder won't be able to resist pursuing Owens, and that coach Joe Gibbs ultimately will conclude that he can control T.O. Still, the team privately is getting the word out that they aren't and won't be interested -- perhaps to deflect any suspicion of tampering if they make a deal with him minutes after he becomes a free agent.

Another team to consider is the Dolphins. T.O. has a soft spot for South Florida, home of his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Also, Owens has been a regular on talk radio in Miami, with a weekly appearance this season on 790 AM. The Nicktator hasn't exactly amassed a crew of choir boys in Miami, and if Saban can manage the personalities that already are in the building, he arguably can handle Owens, too.

For now, the team's announcement brings to a close a sad chapter in NFL history. In the wake of his near-miraculous performance in Super Bowl XLIV less than two months after breaking two bones in his leg, T.O. was in position to become a major marketing figure -- and he had engendered more goodwill in the City of Philadelphia than any athlete since Dr. J.

With one stroke of the pen, however, Owens pissed it all away. That fateful moment came when he hired Rosenhaus and commissioned Drew to get a new contract to replace the deal T.O. had signed against the advice of the union.

Rosenhaus then embarked on a media campaign aimed at pressuring the team into paying Owens more money. The team didn't flinch.

Owens ultimately reported for training camp in order to avoid a requirement to pay bonus money back to the team. But by then it was too late to salvage the relationship. Even after T.O. returned to camp with his tail tucked in his tookis after a one-week suspension, it was obvious that, at some point in the season, he would come unglued.

The catalysts, in the end, likely were the team's persistent struggles on offense, the organization's failure to publicly nuzzle his crotch when he scored his 100th career touchdown, and the locker-room throwdown with former teammate Hugh Douglas (who, as we've heard, had a big hand in hooking T.O. up with Rosenhaus).

For the Eagles, the circus has ended and they can focus on improving their 4-4 record, which currently puts them in no better than ninth place on the NFC's postseason pecking order. Our guess is that it's gonna take a 6-2 finish to get back to the playoffs -- which will be a tall order given that Philly's final eight features five games against teams that already have five or more wins.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast