Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Official Falcons/Packers Divisional Thread

The packers were close to beating the pats on the road with their backup qb.they will destroy them with Rodgers on a neutral site in a climate controlled building. it wouldn't even be close.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

After that performance, I believe we are going to have a tought time winning this division for a long time. We aren't a bad team but.....no words.....I'm going to drink.:sick: :sick: :sick:

Quote Originally Posted by Caine" #1087662]Do any of the talking heads STILL wonder why Chicago played their starters in that last game? Had they won, Green Bay would have been eliminated. I said this then, and I'll repeat it now, you do NOT want to face Green Bay in the Playoffs right now.

Without an appreciable running game, they tore Atlanta up. Want to beat Green Bay? Get to Rodgers. A LOT. If you don't, he will slice you apart.[/quote]

Rodgers was nr. 1 against the blitz in the regular season, so they'll have to get there with 4. That said, that's something the Bears can do. With Peppers coming from one side and Harris rushing from the middle, they can get to you.

[quote="Caine" #1087662]A Bear Fan associate told me the other day that Chicago wasn't playing at 100% in that last game versus Green Bay. He said they had nothing to play for, and were going through the motions.

I think they screwed themselves.[/quote]

I don't see this. Why would you play your starters and go at it hard during the final minutes of the half and game if you're "not actually playing to win"? It makes absolutely no sense. If that was really the case, they would've benched their starters.

[quote="Purple Floyd
    The packers were close to beating the pats on the road with their backup qb.they will destroy them with Rodgers on a neutral site in a climate controlled building. it wouldn't even be close.
    I'd like to see this happening, but I don't think it'll be that easy. McCarthy had a brilliant gameplan that first game and one he's been using after that. They know what to expect now. At least, to a certain extent. The amount of running, screens, short passes etc. might've caught the Pats off guard that game.

And our defense couldn't stop Brady that week. We came close, but we still gave up 31 points. If you're playing Tom Brady, the last thing you want is to get in a track meet.

That said, I think it'd be a pretty even match-up if both teams play up to their potential. Let's actually get past the Bears first, though. I don't even know who the favorite would be in that game. Both teams look quite good.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Rockmolder" #1087687
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1087662
    A Bear Fan associate told me the other day that Chicago wasn't playing at 100% in that last game versus Green Bay. He said they had nothing to play for, and were going through the motions.

I think they screwed themselves.
    I don't see this. Why would you play your starters and go at it hard during the final minutes of the half and game if you're "not actually playing to win"? It makes absolutely no sense. If that was really the case, they would've benched their starters.
    I didn't say I bought his excuse...I didn't. I still maintain, however, that Chicago played pretty flat for such an important game. Had they won, they would not now have to face a surging Green Bay team. Now, they have to.

And, frankly, IMO this game is a toss up....with the edge to Green Bay.

Again, I think Chicago screwed themselves. They needed to dig deep and win that last RS game...instead, they played lackluster football on Offense and allowed Green Bay to slide into the Playoffs.

I think they'll regret it...

Caine

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087554
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1087549
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087296
    One and done, huh

Thanks for the expert analysis. :P
    You beat a team that we just beat with Joe Webb. Congrats.
    Now Mars, I just want you to know I feel your pain and I'm here for you.

I've always hated that part of the year when I am reduced to that sad kind of smack... It always seemed so tragically empty.

We'll talk.

:P
    Yup you did feel my pain because like the Pack, the Vikings were in the same position last year. Still one more step. We will talk.

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087638
    I will reserve comment, except to say one small thing...

Hey Mars, what do you have for that one?
    Beat a good team. Nothing much to really say. Anything else? I have one question. Did you win in Chicago this year?

dfosterf is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1087772

Beat a good team. Nothing much to really say. Anything else? I have one question. Did you win in Chicago this year?
    I don't think we did. I'll have to go back and look. You got me again, Mars. It really sucks to be a Packer fan right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087773
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1087772

I don't think we did. I'll have to go back and look. You got me again, Mars. It really sucks to be a Packer fan right about now.

I can predict the future. Watch. Packers lose to the Bears. Packers still rub it in the face of Vikings fans saying they made the NFC Championship game. Even though 99% of Packer fans dissed the Vikings fans after they lost the NFC Championship game last year saying it means nothing unless you win the whole thing. Just wait and see.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234