Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Official Falcons/Packers Divisional Thread

As much as it pains me to say it, Packers are looking very solid at a time when they need to be.
    They are playing their best ball of the year and have found a running back.

I think they have as much chance as any team to win it all.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1087309
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1087298
    Close game....I picked the Eagles to win and i think be it from some suspect decision from Reid(kicking on 4th and 1), they would have.
    This is the Falcons/Pack thread, but wth... If not for Jennings and Jones dropping a couple of balls, the score may not have been close.

Now for the Falcons game, the Pack already went in an played them to the wire. Now they think they have a running game. If they can run with Starks, look out. A two dimensional Pack team is dangerous and they match up well against the Birds.

By the same token, Atlanta has to be able to run with Turner. That will chew up the clock, keep the Pack off the field and keep Abraham rested to chase down Rodgers.
    Who is this Starks guy, where did he come from. Yes with a running game they are dangerous
    None

dfosterf is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "jrjohn" #1087358
    Close game....I picked the Eagles to win and i think be it from some suspect decision from Reid(kicking on 4th and 1), they would have.
    This is the Falcons/Pack thread, but wth... If not for Jennings and Jones dropping a couple of balls, the score may not have been close.

Now for the Falcons game, the Pack already went in an played them to the wire. Now they think they have a running game. If they can run with Starks, look out. A two dimensional Pack team is dangerous and they match up well against the Birds.

By the same token, Atlanta has to be able to run with Turner. That will chew up the clock, keep the Pack off the field and keep Abraham rested to chase down Rodgers.
    Who is this Starks guy, where did he come from. Yes with a running game they are dangerous
    Some insight without bringing my Puker fan biases to the discussion.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-playoffs-rookie-report-card.html

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I think the Packers will go in and take this one from the Birds. Very good defenses on both sides, but I think GB has more talent.

Starks had a huge game last week which I believe will carry over to this one. And in the dome, Rodgers should also have a good game.

Packers 24
    Falcons 20
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

6th round pick out of Buffalo. Interesting story here.

NFL playoffs rookie report card
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087360

I drafted him in 2 FF leagues. In one league we have an Injured Slot that doesn't count against your normal bench players. I kept him on there through week 15 when I had to finally drop him for WR help. NOW he comes out and has the game of the year... I could have used him when LT2 was basically pooping the bed at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1087372
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087360

I drafted him in 2 FF leagues. In one league we have an Injured Slot that doesn't count against your normal bench players. I kept him on there through week 15 when I had to finally drop him for WR help. NOW he comes out and has the game of the year... I could have used him when LT2 was basically pooping the bed at the end of the year.
    You should have asked me about him ! We Puker fans have been following his "progress" like a flock of hundreds of thousands of hawks, lol-- Remember, we have Ted Thompson, so we dance with the girl we brung.

Why you didn't see him-

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/112694844.html

One other thing probably (still) only noticed in Puker land, but played a HUGE part in the extended delay in seeing this kid on the field much at all...

When he came off PUP, we were in that phase of the season where we were so banged up physically that McCarthy took the team off padded practices completely. We were DESPERATE (fanbase) to get this kid out there, but the catch-22 was no pads=no hits on Starks prior to live game action. This on a kid that didn't even play in 2009, much less 2010.

As soon as we went back to padded practices, and he got a week of that, he FINALLY saw the field.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Interesting story about the kid Starks. Lets see if he can put two back to back games together. Looks like his performance in the Lions game was a disapointment. The dirty birds are favored, I'd want to be an underdog if I was the packers. Underdogs are doing well this year.
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087296
    One and done, huh

Thanks for the expert analysis. :P
    You beat a team that we just beat with Joe Webb. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1087549
    Quote Originally Posted by "dfosterf" #1087296
    One and done, huh

Thanks for the expert analysis. :P
    You beat a team that we just beat with Joe Webb. Congrats.
    Now Mars, I just want you to know I feel your pain and I'm here for you.

I've always hated that part of the year when I am reduced to that sad kind of smack... It always seemed so tragically empty.

We'll talk.

:P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast