Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Offensive line analysis: NFC's best

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    Got to give love to Herrera too. The guy's a mueller in the running game.

As for pass protection, it has a lot to do with the QB's pocket presence too. Favre, Manning (Peyton), and Brady are masters of utilizing the pocket, regardless of how poohie their offensive lineman can be. Not saying Tarvaris needs to reach their pocket awareness, but it would help if the O-line knew where the QB wants/likes to be.
    This is a good post and something Tarvaris needs to work on. At the beginning of the season he looked horrible in the pocket I must admit. He started doing better and improving as the season went on. I look for more improvement this year and hopefully the oline can be more consistent and give him the chance to use the pocket.
    He did, when the OL actually created a pocket which most of the time they didn't.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Fricken McKinnie just blew that out of the water (potentially).
    :'(
    lol, Mckinnie ain't going nowhere.
    Did you read the article that Singer provided that gave us some insight into how pissed the Ownership Group is over the last incident?

I wouldn't be suprised if he isn't dealt but I wouldn't be suprised if he stays either.
    Thus the word "pontentially".
    Nah, I didn't read that article. But I still don't think Mckinnie is even close to being dealt. And I know you said potentially, I just don't think it'll happen.

We better not trade Bryant Mckinnie ( a very, very good left tackle entering his prime, for Jason Taylor ( a very, very good defensive end who is a the tail end of his career)or I'll kill somebody.
    Weather we trade him or not - he is going to be gone for at least 4 games.
    That alone is reason enough to start looking for his replacement.
    If we find a young LT who performs decently in McKinnie's absence, Mount McKinnie may be wearing a different jersey next year.
    And I would be pretty OK with that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Did you read the article that Singer provided that gave us some insight into how pissed the Ownership Group is over the last incident?

I wouldn't be suprised if he isn't dealt but I wouldn't be suprised if he stays either.
    Link me Marrdro!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Link me Marrdro!
    LOL, I am still a bit gimped up.
    I was hoping the Newshound would help out.

;D

Edit......

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...4334#msg744334
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Internet has been down and It's messing with my posts... my bad!

**EDITED**

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

On the bright side I'd read that article!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:

As for pass protection, it has a lot to do with the QB's pocket presence too. Favre, Manning (Peyton), and Brady are masters of utilizing the pocket, regardless of how poohie their offensive lineman can be. Not saying Tarvaris needs to reach their pocket awareness, but it would help if the O-line knew where the QB wants/likes to be.
    This is a good post and something Tarvaris needs to work on. At the beginning of the season he looked horrible in the pocket I must admit. He started doing better and improving as the season went on. I look for more improvement this year and hopefully the oline can be more consistent and give him the chance to use the pocket.
    He did, when the OL actually created a pocket which most of the time they didn't.

;D
    And this is exactly why I'm not riding the Birk love boat.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:

;D
    And this is exactly why I'm not riding the Birk love boat.
    I was pretty hard on Birk (and the OL) this year, but I keep saying, it is more of a C/QB issue related to how they are reading the defenses and the pre-snap read/adjustments associated it with it rather than just talent.

I think Birk and TJ will work alot on that (watch alot of game tape) during the off season which should alleviate some of those issues.

In short, Birk will be fine next year even though we are seeing him decline a bit.
    That is to be expected.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"TimmyT" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Nah, I didn't read that article. But I still don't think Mckinnie is even close to being dealt. And I know you said potentially, I just don't think it'll happen.

We better not trade Bryant Mckinnie ( a very, very good left tackle entering his prime, for Jason Taylor ( a very, very good defensive end who is a the tail end of his career)or I'll kill somebody.
    It's probably all that hip hop that makes you so violent
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

our breakdown includes four important statistical categories: touchdowns per carry, yards per carry, yards per pass attempt and sacks allowed per pass attempt.
    So, if they weighed these four categories evenly and then ranked them from 32 to 1, they put us at #3 in the NFC.
    No indication how it fits in the overall NFL.

Nonetheless.
    If you assume that #3 in the NFC, puts you somewhere in the top 10 overall than our overall grading should have been somewhere in the 90 point range (70% of 128 overall points).
    Break that down into categories and I'm guessing you have something like this:

TD's per carry: 30
    YPC: 30
    YPA: 15
    Sacks: 15

Okay, none of this is very meaningful.
    What I was trying to get at is how bad can one aspect of the grading (passing game) be and still maintain the overall ranking we achieved.
    Without knowing overall point totals of each team it is hard to speculate, however, if the above numbers are even somewhat close than our passing game shows to be somewhat average from their grading system.
    Since our production in the passing game was below average, it points to the QB and receivers.

Nothing new here and is based on subjectivity and random stats, but it does seem to follow what we already knew.
    Our QB and receiver play needs to get better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast