Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Off-duty police officer shoots Chargers LB Foley

"Prophet" wrote:
    You don't see the following injury in parantheses very often in the NFL.
    I guess you can't call him a whimp for that injury.

================================================== ====

KFFL
    Chargers | Foley out for 2006 season
    Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:30:24 -0700

The San Diego Chargers announced Monday, Sept. 4, that they have placed LB Steve Foley (gunshot) on the reserve/non-football injury list and will miss the remainder of the 2006 season.
    LOL! I posted that three posts before yours.

PM yourself a pic & the link of Bill Murray.
    ;D

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

Not so fast, a copy and paste with comments within an existing thread warrants an almost naked lady...not the full fledged Bill.
    I love the parantheses.
    Almost like Croc. going out with a stingray to the heart.
    None of that pussy pulled hamstring shit.

"Prophet" wrote:
    Not so fast, a copy and paste with comments within an existing thread warrants an almost naked lady...not the full fledged Bill
    True that! Send yourself the unabashed version.

"Prophet" wrote:
    Not so fast, a copy and paste with comments within an existing thread warrants an almost naked lady...not the full fledged Bill.
    You need a new one of a naked lady wearing a stategically placed Flavor Flav clock necklace.

Prophet Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    You need a new one of a naked lady wearing a stategically placed Flavor Flav clock necklace.
    PM me one and I'll get it into action.

"Prophet" wrote:
    You don't see the following injury in parantheses very often in the NFL.
    I guess you can't call him a whimp for that injury.

================================================== ====

KFFL
    Chargers | Foley out for 2006 season
    Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:30:24 -0700

The San Diego Chargers announced Monday, Sept. 4, that they have placed LB Steve Foley (gunshot) on the reserve/non-football injury list and will miss the remainder of the 2006 season.
    ??? That should be plural (gunshots)

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    He shot the wrong Foley.
    ROTF!!!!
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Fred Flintstone deserves a little 'karma lead' in his system.
    His lawyer, a cagey fellow, has grabbed onto this statement and is now using as his defense

"He shot the wrong Foley.
    "

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I love the parantheses.
    Almost like Croc. going out with a stingray to the heart.
    None of that "meow" pulled hamstring pooh.

hahaha yeah, definatly beats things like "sprained wrist" lol, good ol' steve was a warrior, went out like a warrior.

watch foley come back from this season with a vengence and take it out on opposing teams, the people he hurts he'll simply lean over and say "get up you pussy, i took three shots and didnt hear me complaining"

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Prophet Guest

POSTED 11:52 a.m. EDT, September 4, 2006
    SOMETHING STINKS ABOUT FOLEY SHOOTING
    pft.com

Chargers linebacker Steve Foley was shot several times by an off-duty police officer on Sunday.
    As explained more fully below, there's something about the incident that strikes us as suspicious, if not sinister.

Foley allegedly was driving erratically early Sunday, and the officer followed him for roughly 10 miles.
    Foley allegedly failed more than once to heed the officer's order to pull over.

Then, when Foley arrived at his home and got out of the car, the officer fired several times at Foley when he reached into his pants.

Foley underwent surgery on Sunday, and his injuries are not considered to be life threatening.

The full story as to how the matter unfolded appears in the San Diego Union-Tribune, and if it's all true (and that's a big "if" in our mind) we can understand why the officer would have opened fire.

Here's our concern.
    Why in the hell didn't the off-duty officer in an unmarked car ask for some on-duty officers in marked cars to rendezvous with him in support of the attempt to arrest Foley?
    Apparently, the officer advised "other law enforcement agencies" of what he was doing.
    Why not also ask those "other law enforcement agencies" to send out a car or two to pull over a guy who clearly wasn't going to listen to the off-duty guy who tried twice to persuade Foley that he was a cop and that he had a real gun?

"That's a BB gun," Foley said when stopping his vehicle and getting out of the car before Foley drove away and later arrived at Foley's home.

Look, we've all heard news reports of people posing as cops and then trying to rob or otherwise do harm to private citizens.
    So wouldn't it have made sense for the officer in this case to have at some point called for backup?

The fact that Foley already was in trouble for an April incident in which he allegedly resisted arrest and struck an officer prevents us from dismissing the notion that this was an inside job perpetrated by one or more officers who have a grudge against Foley, and who were looking to set him up for more trouble on the eve of the start of the football season.

We're not suggesting that the intended result was the shooting of Foley.
    It's possible that the situation simply got out of control.
    But we find it to be a very odd coincidence (at best) that an off-duty officer just happened to be in position to scrutinize the behavior of a high-profile guy who surely has few friends on the force, given that he tried to beat one up less than five months ago.

Heck, we're not ready to rule out the possibility that one or more off duty officers have been "inadvertently" crossing paths with Foley ever since he allegedly roughed up one of their brethren, all in the hopes that they could either catch him committing a crime, or bait him into doing so.

Our gut feeling after reading the article is that, at a bare minimum, this matter needs to be carefully and thoroughly investigated in order to confirm that Foley wasn't merely the victim of guys with guns and badges who might be tempted to abuse that authority as to someone whom they don't like.

Prophet Guest

Loses his $775K salary, but keeps the lead.

================================================== ========

KFFL
    Chargers | Team comments on S. Foley
    Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:03:19 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports San Diego Chargers general manager A.J. Smith, though would not comment specifically on the condition of LB Steve Foley (gun shot wounds), did acknowledge that Foley's suspect off-the-field behavior throughout his career has been an issue Foley and the Chargers have discussed in the past. Foley was enrolled in an NFL alcohol-treatment program following several incidents in 1999 and 2000 while as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals. "I am not happy about the off-the-field incidents," Smith said. "Steve and I have had discussions in the past. I am confident in the future we will have a discussion. But right now, at this point in time, Steve's health is the most important thing." Foley will forfeit his $775,000 salary for this season because his injuries were not related to playing football.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast