Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Oakland Raiders breakdown

"fred3105" wrote:
    Actually their best linebacker would be Jonathan Vilma last years defensive player of the year. They also picked up a very promising CB in the draft in Justin Miller, just ask Smoot what he thinks of him. Truely though I really dont know much about the jets and dont really care.
    He wasn't defensive player of the year, he got rookie defensive honors. and Justin Miller is a rookie, so he's gonna get burned, maybe in a few years he'll be good but for now, we can't tell.

Jets are gonna be bad.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"webmaster" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    booooo oakland.

Wow, what insight. Ha.

Smoot, you should put that in your blog on the site here. Great read!!!
    Status quo?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Isn't the title of the thread what the headlines will read after the first 8 games or so, when Oakland is at the bottom of the AFC West? LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

You never know, we could be in for a surprise. Who expected the '99 rams to do what they did? On the other hand, it's the Raiders, so maybe not. But they'll be fun to watch anyways.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Wholy Crap. Did you write that whole post? Good Read but I have to disagree with you on the recievers being even. They have two pro-bowl recievers in moss and porter and we have none. Nate was only good last year because all of the focus was on Randy. Nate is going to be average this year and T.Williamson is gonna be our 3rd wideout. I don't see our offense doing much this year and I got all of my hopes in the defense.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"fred3105" wrote:
    Well I haven't really seen them being overhyped and I dont really care about them, but I like to argue with you so im going to kinda defend them! In my opinion the Raiders could easily win 10 or lose 10. I think they will come out 0-3 which could really kill them mentaly, but after that the schedule gets pretty easy. As you said about Peerless Price "he only had one good season and you people think he is great" or something like that. Well I think the same can be said about the Chargers. I don't know who will win these games, but if the Chargers play like last year there is 5 loses right there. Buffalo is another weird team that they could beat and I think they will beat the Chiefs in week 9, since Priest Holmes should be injured by then. Denver is over-rated in my opinoin, after picking up all the Browns players, and I can see them beating or spliting those games. Five of the six games left are against terrible team in the Titans, Redskins, New York, and the Dolphins which are all winable. The only other team they play is the Jets which could go either way again not sure on this either.

To make it short I see them beating:
    Dallas (Moss wil light them up for like 600yards like every time)
    Miami
    Tennessee
    New York Giants
    San Diego (1 of 2)
    Denver (1 of 2)
    KC (1 of 2)
    Washington
    Cleveland
    Buffalo

Losing to:
    Eagles
    Patriots
    KC (1of2)
    Denver (1of2)
    San Diego (1of2)
    Jets

I really dont think they are that good of team I just think they have a easy schedule. Also this is the first time most of these coaches have tried to defend Moss which could cause problems.

I'd argue dallas, with a very underrated D and a very good ground game, with julious jones, will beat the raiders. Oakland is horrible against the run, so julious will have a big game. Also, dallas added 2 very good vet CB's in the offseason, getting an underrated anthony henry and aaron glenn. Could be close, but I see julious being too tough and parcells new 3-4 confusing collins.

I also don't see them going 3-3 vs KC, SD, and Denver. All 3 of those division teams are extremely good run offenses, which is what kills oakland and is what keeps high powered offenses off the field. I'd say 2 wins at most in the division.

So that would be at best 8 wins to me and I think the giants game could be another possible loss, if eli plays similar to what he did in the last 3 games of last season.

I'll stick by my 8 win prediction, but see no more then 9 and possibly only 5 or 6.

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    Wholy Crap. Did you write that whole post? Good Read but I have to disagree with you on the recievers being even. They have two pro-bowl recievers in moss and porter and we have none. Nate was only good last year because all of the focus was on Randy. Nate is going to be average this year and T.Williamson is gonna be our 3rd wideout. I don't see our offense doing much this year and I got all of my hopes in the defense.

Few things:

(1) Porter has never even sniffed the pro bowl
    (2) I was comparing this years oakland team to the vikings teams of the past couple seasons, where we had moss.
    (3) I never said the WR's were even, I actually gave the edge to oakland. I said moss vs moss was a wash, and curry/porter has the edge over burleson/robinson.

"webmaster" wrote:

Wow, what insight. Ha.

Smoot, you should put that in your blog on the site here. Great read!!!

Done.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

When I joined this site, I never imagined that there would be discussions about the Raiders. I thought I'd be the only Raider Hater in a sea of purple who could care less about the AFC West. Then it happened, Moss get's traded to Oakland, my worst fears come true.

While I hated the trade, it does give the opportunity to voice my absolute disgust with the Oakland/LA (T)Raiders. With that in mind, let me just say...

[size=18px]F the Raiders![/size]
    [size=18px]F Moss![/size]
    [size=18px]F the "Nation!"[/size]

[size=18px]LONG LIVE ALL RAIDER HATERS![/size]

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    When I joined this site, I never imagined that there would be discussions about the Raiders. I thought I'd be the only Raider Hater in a sea of purple who could care less about the AFC West. Then it happened, Moss get's traded to Oakland, my worst fears come true.

While I hated the trade, it does give the opportunity to voice my absolute disgust with the Oakland/LA (T)Raiders. With that in mind, let me just say...

[size=18px]F the Raiders![/size]
    [size=18px]F Moss![/size]
    [size=18px]F the "Nation!"[/size]

[size=18px]LONG LIVE ALL RAIDER HATERS![/size]
    Just curious. Why do you hate the raiders so bad?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast