Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Re: November 4th: New England Patroits @ Indianapolis Colts

[/quote]

what no one better then moss?? HELLOOOOOOOO wayne is much better then moss, harrison is better then moss. maroney isnt nothin he is very stoppable. deon branch was a deep threat two years ago. if you gonna put the pats on a pedistal at least know what your talkin about first. moss will be his usual pass batting down self in this game cause of one man bob sanders. now did you watch any of that monday night game last night??? apparently not. the pats D is older then it was last year and tires even faster then last year. one last thing how can you throw a deep ball if you have less then 4 seconds in the pocket? you cannot. and troy brown btw is a HOF'er. moss only goes deep nothin else. you will see on nov 4th that the colts are the real deal and the pats are what the colts used to be back in 03-04.
    [/quote]

Im sorry but NEITHER Wayne or Harrison is better than Moss. They are great recievers but take your Colt goggles off for a second. Has Moss batted down passes this season, not hardly he is putting up much better numbers than either Wayne or Harrison.

As far as the QB only having 4 seconds to throw a pass, have you watched New England this year? Brady's jersey doesnt even get dirty. Defenders rarly touch the guy non the less sack him.

Anyways I dont really care who wins but I think the Pats are the best team in the NFL. The Colts cleary are a great team though with so many wepons and a better D than last year. It will be a fun game to watch.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I think both are great teams, any other year either of these teams would be the clear cut favorite to win it all, that is what makes this game so exciting.
    The patriots have put up some eye popping numbers on offense and are beating there apponents by something like 22pts a game, while the colts have not been as dominating but they have an average margin of victory of about 17 points. The thing I look at is the colts have beaten much tougher competition, and are in a tougher division. Last year the colts lost all 3 of their road games in the division, this year they have already won all 3 of the road games in the division(jags, texans, titans) all of which are good teams.
    What all this means is that I have no idea who will win the game but these are the 2 best teams in the nfl by a large margin, whoever wins this game will have a good shot at going 16-0 and the loser will have a shot at 15-1, this game could decide who gets home field advantage in the playoffs and ultimately who will win the SuperBowl.
    If I have to choose though.....
    patriots 45 colts 48.....

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

GO COLTS!!! SHUT UP the arrogant Putzie fans!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"scorptile" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:
    two years ago the pats had wr's like this year and got blown out 44-21. the colts play prevent deep pass and has a ver good pass D compared to another team we know. the patriots D gave up 28 against a very bad phins offense so manning wil run rampant. it will be a repeat of the 05 meeting with the colts winning.
    The Patriots had Randy Moss two years ago???
    No wonder he didn't put up great stats for the Raiders, he was actually playing for the Pats.

Actually, they had Deion Branch, Tim Dwight, and Troy Brown.
    I really don't know how you can compare any of those guys to Moss.
    Comparing the three of them to Moss, Stallworth, and Welker is just out of iine.

It's tempting to consider Moss as just a 'very good' receiver.
    But you need to realize that he completely changes the game and, if you saw his two TDs this last week, cannot be covered.
    There is no receiver in the NFL that compares to him, with the possible exception of TO when he decides to catch the ball.

As to your other arguments, I think you're grasping at straws.

Yeah, the Colts try and prevent the deep play.
    But the Patriots are able to stretch that cover 2 and open up huge gaps in the zone underneath, and they have a QB that takes advantage of that (73.8 completion %).
    Welker and Stallworth both run hard with the ball after the catch.
    The Patriots don't need the big play to beat you.
    Randy Moss will probably run through your cover 2 at least once though.
    They'll also be able to run on you (if they want to) with Maroney.

And the Dolphins scoring 28 points...
    So what?
    They had an interception returned for a TD, and two of the other scores came when the Patriots were way up.
    They were stopping the big play and let the Dolphins chew up 5 or 6 minutes of clock on each drive.
    I would suggest they also might not have had the highest motivation level at that point either.
    The Patriots defense is good, and it's going to be a tough day for the Colts.

The Colts are a good team, and they have a chance.
    But they're going to need to play very well.
    what no one better then moss?? HELLOOOOOOOO wayne is much better then moss, harrison is better then moss.
    Just the stats on this year: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

And can Wayne or Harrison do this?

[youtube=425,350]aUF-oGyCyRk[/youtube]

Wayne and Harrison are both very good receivers that have good speed, great hands, and good body control.
    But Moss adds great speed to that equation and superior athletic/jumping ability.

He's been doing it for years with QBs that couldn't deliver the ball (other than Culpepper in 2004), and now has one of the best.

But hey, you're right.
    He's terrible.
    I don't think the Colts should even game plan for the guy.
    What could he possibly do to them?

maroney isnt nothin he is very stoppable.
    Maroney is pretty good, not great, and he has a good O-line.
    Add that to the fact that New England will spread the defense, and they're going to be able to pound you guys.

deon branch was a deep threat two years ago. if you gonna put the pats on a pedistal at least know what your talkin about first.
    Yeah.
    That's what he was:

Deion Branch (2005) 78 receptions, 998 yards, 12.8 yards/catch, 5 TDs
    Randy Moss (2007) 44 receptions, 732 yards, 16.6 yards/catch, 10 TDs

Clearly, they're basically the same guy.
    Or they're not.
    Oh yeah, we're only through 7 games for the Pats so far this year.

moss will be his usual pass batting down self in this game cause of one man bob sanders.
    Bob Sanders is a good player.
    But I'm not sure how you expect him to run deep with Moss all day and stop the run at the same time, and also cover the other receivers underneath.
    I'm guessing that Indy will try to take away Moss, and Brady will go elsewhere most of the game.
    BUT, I still think he's going to burn you at least once.
    It's what he does.

And I just don't understand where you get that Moss bats down/drops passes.
    I think you're confusing him with TO.

now did you watch any of that monday night game last night??? apparently not.
    I did.
    I think you're trying to say that the Colts are good.
    They are.
    They're a very good team.
    But beating Jacksonville does not make your team better than New England.

the pats D is older then it was last year and tires even faster then last year.
    Yeah, that makes sense.
    The Pats D is old and out of shape.
    And they didn't add any talent this offseason.
    They also haven't been playing to this point without their best defensive player.

one last thing how can you throw a deep ball if you have less then 4 seconds in the pocket? you cannot.
    Well, first I don't know how you expect to consistantly get to Brady in less than 4 seconds.
    Freeney is a good player and is on pace for about 8/9 sacks this year, but I'd expect the Patriots to game plan for him.
    Maybe he has a few plays, but one or two plays won't beat the Patriots.
    You won't be able to blitz the Patriots without leaving the receivers open or covered one-on-one, which is a recipe for disaster, even when they don't pick up the blitz.

Second, here's how you do it in under 4 seconds:
    Randy Moss (4.3-4.4 forty) goes deep.
    In the 4 seconds before you release it and then the two or three seconds the ball is in the air, he's gone 50 or 60 yards.

and troy brown btw is a HOF'er.
    Troy Brown was a good player.
    He was consistant and versitile.
    He had a good attitude.
    But to suggest that he is a Hall of Fame caliber player is ridiculous.

Over his entire career, he caught 557 passes for 6,366 yards, which is an 11.6 yards/catch average.
    He has 31 TD receptions in his career and 3 punt return TDs.
    He averaged 21.4 yards on kick returns and 10.4 yards on punt returns for his career.

In his best season, 2001, he caught 101 balls for 1,199 yards and 5 TDs.
    That's not too bad.

But he is not close to being a hall of fame player.

For comparison, here are the career stats for two future Hall-of-Fame receivers:

Randy Moss: 720 receptions, 11,432 yards, 15.9 yards/catch, 111 receiving TDs
    Marvin Harrison: 1042 receptions, 13,944 yards, 13.4 yards/catch, 123 receiving TDs

moss only goes deep nothin else.
    Moss can catch passes underneath, and he occaisionally does.

But your comment isn't even a real argument.
    So what if he only went deep?
    He's really good at it.
    I'd rather have a 50 yard TD than a 5 yard gain any day.
    If he only went deep and didn't catch the ball, that'd be one thing.
    He obviously does catch the ball.

you will see on nov 4th that the colts are the real deal and the pats are what the colts used to be back in 03-04.
    First, the Colts are the real deal.
    We already know that.
    They're very good.

Second, the Patriots are better than the Colts were in 03-04 for two reasons.
    Their offense is better, and their defense is better.
    Especially the defense, yours wasn't very good.
    You guys gave up more than 21 points/game.
    Your offense was good though, so you outscored your opponents by 177 points over the season.
    New England has outscored their opponents by 159 points in 7 games.

I expect a great game.
    Two very good teams, which I expect to see play again in January.
    But if you think the Colts are the better team based on the first seven weeks of the season or that they'll be favored, you are mistaken.

[quote author=cajunvike]
    Best team EVER?
    Get a grip, dude...or are you a New England sports fan pretending to be a Vikings fan?

If anything, the Niners teams were better teams than the current New England team...AND they had a much better coach!
    [/quote]

I actually am a little partial to the Patriots, from back when they had Bledsoe.
    I was also living in Boston for a few years, including their first Super Bowl, so that was fun.
    I didn't really care much one way or another after that and their other championships.

But I'm a Vikings fan forever.

I just recognize that the Patriots are a great team playing great football, and that's fun to watch.
    I'm also still a Moss fan, because I think he's an incredibly talented and exciting player.

Are they better than those 49ers teams?
    I think so.
    Those were great teams though, and if the Patriots don't go at least 15-1 and win the Super Bowl I think it'll be a tough argument to make.
    My guess/opinion is that the Patriots don't lose this year.
    If/when that happens it'll be tough to argue any team was ever better.

I'm also not sure the 49ers had a better coach.
    At least they had a coach that could dress himself and wasn't a jerk.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12