Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

November 4th: New England Patroits @ Indianapolis Colts

Who will win?
    Will the winner go undefeated?
    Thoughts?

New England will win and go undefeated IMO.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: November 4th: New England Patroits @ Indianapolis Colts

Colts

add a poll to this

I love the Colts compared to how much I hate the Patriots...And that is pretty sad because I dont like the Colts.

I hope the Colts win but I don't know if this Patriots team is beatable.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i got new england, it was always close before and now the patroits have the wide outs

The Patriots are probably the best team ever, but they are beatable.
    It will take a great game from the Colts, but it could happen.

The Colts defense won't be able to stop the Patriots offense, but they should be able to hold them under 40.
    The Patriots D should have better luck against Manning, but he's good enough to light them up.
    He'll need to be near flawless for a Colts win and they'll have to do it in a shoot out.

My prediction, other than pain, is that the Patriots win by at least a touchdown.

I also still think the Patriots are about even odds to go undefeated.

All bets are off with an injury to Moss or Brady.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

scorptile is offline Starter

two years ago the pats had wr's like this year and got blown out 44-21. the colts play prevent deep pass and has a ver good pass D compared to another team we know. the patriots D gave up 28 against a very bad phins offense so manning wil run rampant. it will be a repeat of the 05 meeting with the colts winning.
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Pats will win by 10 or more. I don't think the current NE team can be beaten in a shoot-out, they make scoring touchdowns look so easy.

"scorptile" wrote:
    two years ago the pats had wr's like this year and got blown out 44-21. the colts play prevent deep pass and has a ver good pass D compared to another team we know. the patriots D gave up 28 against a very bad phins offense so manning wil run rampant. it will be a repeat of the 05 meeting with the colts winning.
    The Patriots had Randy Moss two years ago???
    No wonder he didn't put up great stats for the Raiders, he was actually playing for the Pats.

Actually, they had Deion Branch, Tim Dwight, and Troy Brown.
    I really don't know how you can compare any of those guys to Moss.
    Comparing the three of them to Moss, Stallworth, and Welker is just out of iine.

It's tempting to consider Moss as just a 'very good' receiver.
    But you need to realize that he completely changes the game and, if you saw his two TDs this last week, cannot be covered.
    There is no receiver in the NFL that compares to him, with the possible exception of TO when he decides to catch the ball.

As to your other arguments, I think you're grasping at straws.

Yeah, the Colts try and prevent the deep play.
    But the Patriots are able to stretch that cover 2 and open up huge gaps in the zone underneath, and they have a QB that takes advantage of that (73.8 completion %).
    Welker and Stallworth both run hard with the ball after the catch.
    The Patriots don't need the big play to beat you.
    Randy Moss will probably run through your cover 2 at least once though.
    They'll also be able to run on you (if they want to) with Maroney.

And the Dolphins scoring 28 points...
    So what?
    They had an interception returned for a TD, and two of the other scores came when the Patriots were way up.
    They were stopping the big play and let the Dolphins chew up 5 or 6 minutes of clock on each drive.
    I would suggest they also might not have had the highest motivation level at that point either.
    The Patriots defense is good, and it's going to be a tough day for the Colts.

The Colts are a good team, and they have a chance.
    But they're going to need to play very well.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

scorptile is offline Starter

"Overlord" wrote:
    "scorptile" wrote:
    The Patriots had Randy Moss two years ago???
    No wonder he didn't put up great stats for the Raiders, he was actually playing for the Pats.

Actually, they had Deion Branch, Tim Dwight, and Troy Brown.
    I really don't know how you can compare any of those guys to Moss.
    Comparing the three of them to Moss, Stallworth, and Welker is just out of iine.

It's tempting to consider Moss as just a 'very good' receiver.
    But you need to realize that he completely changes the game and, if you saw his two TDs this last week, cannot be covered.
    There is no receiver in the NFL that compares to him, with the possible exception of TO when he decides to catch the ball.

As to your other arguments, I think you're grasping at straws.

Yeah, the Colts try and prevent the deep play.
    But the Patriots are able to stretch that cover 2 and open up huge gaps in the zone underneath, and they have a QB that takes advantage of that (73.8 completion %).
    Welker and Stallworth both run hard with the ball after the catch.
    The Patriots don't need the big play to beat you.
    Randy Moss will probably run through your cover 2 at least once though.
    They'll also be able to run on you (if they want to) with Maroney.

And the Dolphins scoring 28 points...
    So what?
    They had an interception returned for a TD, and two of the other scores came when the Patriots were way up.
    They were stopping the big play and let the Dolphins chew up 5 or 6 minutes of clock on each drive.
    I would suggest they also might not have had the highest motivation level at that point either.
    The Patriots defense is good, and it's going to be a tough day for the Colts.

The Colts are a good team, and they have a chance.
    But they're going to need to play very well.
    what no one better then moss?? HELLOOOOOOOO wayne is much better then moss, harrison is better then moss. maroney isnt nothin he is very stoppable. deon branch was a deep threat two years ago. if you gonna put the pats on a pedistal at least know what your talkin about first. moss will be his usual pass batting down self in this game cause of one man bob sanders. now did you watch any of that monday night game last night??? apparently not. the pats D is older then it was last year and tires even faster then last year. one last thing how can you throw a deep ball if you have less then 4 seconds in the pocket? you cannot. and troy brown btw is a HOF'er. moss only goes deep nothin else. you will see on nov 4th that the colts are the real deal and the pats are what the colts used to be back in 03-04.
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    The Patriots are probably the best team ever, but they are beatable.
    It will take a great game from the Colts, but it could happen.

The Colts defense won't be able to stop the Patriots offense, but they should be able to hold them under 40.
    The Patriots D should have better luck against Manning, but he's good enough to light them up.
    He'll need to be near flawless for a Colts win and they'll have to do it in a shoot out.

My prediction, other than pain, is that the Patriots win by at least a touchdown.

I also still think the Patriots are about even odds to go undefeated.

All bets are off with an injury to Moss or Brady.
    Best team EVER?
    Get a grip, dude...or are you a New England sports fan pretending to be a Vikings fan?

If anything, the Niners teams were better teams than the current New England team...AND they had a much better coach!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast