Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    'nother yr of MNF Hell

    POSTED 4:42 p.m. EST, January 10, 2007

    MNF CREW TO RETURN IN '07
    pft.com

    We don't know whether to laugh, to cry, or to throw up on our shoes.

    In 2007, Mike Tirico a/k/a Clarence Thomas, Joe Theismann a/k/a Joey Sunshine, and Tony Kornheiser a/k/a Kornholio will be back on Monday nights.

    We like it, because they give us so much fodder for the Live Blogs.
    We don't like it, because they give us so much fodder for the Live Blogs.

    They are/were bad.
    Tirico is okay, the other two are awful.


    We think Kornholio is great on PTI.
    The problem is that, instead of his pal Mike Wilbon, Kornheiser is stuck with Sunshine in the booth. And there's less natural chemistry between the two of them than there is between Bill and Hilary Clinton.
    (Yeah, we've used that one before.
    But if the guys on SportsCenter can regurgitate on a daily basis inanity like "winner, winner chicken parm dinner," we're allowed to roll the same line out once or twice per year.)

    The Newsday report regarding the return of the booth trio doesn't say whether Michelle Tafoya or Suzy Kolber will reprise their role as sideline reporters.

    It's not for us to tell ESPN how to spend their money (although since we own Disney stock we have a real interest in the existence of potential waste).
    But can anyone assessing objectively the value added by these two pieces of eye medicine come to any conclusion other than they really aren't bringing much to the table for the cash they're being paid?

    Most of Suzy Kolber's reports are items cobbled together before the game, and have nothing to do with things that have transpired since kickoff.
    Of these, most relate to stories or anecdotes that have previously been reported elsewhere.
    Tafoya is better, but her "What was going through your mind?" crutch constantly reminds us of the old Chris Farley Show on SNL, when Farley would display the interviewing skills of a 14-year-old on crack.

    Please, Bristol, don't be afraid to make changes.
    The ratings were good (not great) not because of the sock puppets covering the game, but in spite of them.
    Maybe, just maybe, if efforts to improve the on-air product were made (and it wouldn't take much) even more people would watch.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #2
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'nother yr of MNF Hell

    oh God no, not that again !!!!
    Are ESPN trying to destroy MNF within a couple of seasons so that it is forced onto the NFL Network and made as PPV for everyone ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: 'nother yr of MNF Hell

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    oh God no, not that again !!!!

    Are ESPN trying to destroy MNF within a couple of seasons so that it is forced onto the NFL Network and made as PPV for everyone ?
    MNF brought ESPN their highest ratings ever this year.
    I believe that would be considered a "success", from their standpoint.

    I wish they'd can Theismann.
    He's much more annoying than Kornheiser.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: 'nother yr of MNF Hell

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    oh God no, not that again !!!!
    Are ESPN trying to destroy MNF within a couple of seasons so that it is forced onto the NFL Network and made as PPV for everyone ?
    MNF brought ESPN their highest ratings ever this year.
    I believe that would be considered a "success", from their standpoint.

    I wish they'd can Theismann.
    He's much more annoying than Kornheiser.

    =Z=
    No way. At least Theisman has a 1/100 chance of sounding intelligent. Kornheiser just says annoying crap all the time. If I had to hear him talk about how tired he was and how MNF was past his bed time one more time I was going to shoot myself.

  5. #5
    mr.woo's Avatar
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,213

    Re: 'nother yr of MNF Hell

    "Prophet" wrote:
    POSTED 4:42 p.m. EST, January 10, 2007

    MNF CREW TO RETURN IN '07
    pft.com

    We don't know whether to laugh, to cry, or to throw up on our shoes.

    In 2007, Mike Tirico a/k/a Clarence Thomas, Joe Theismann a/k/a Joey Sunshine, and Tony Kornheiser a/k/a Kornholio will be back on Monday nights.

    We like it, because they give us so much fodder for the Live Blogs.
    We don't like it, because they give us so much fodder for the Live Blogs.

    They are/were bad.
    Tirico is okay, the other two are awful.


    We think Kornholio is great on PTI.
    The problem is that, instead of his pal Mike Wilbon, Kornheiser is stuck with Sunshine in the booth. And there's less natural chemistry between the two of them than there is between Bill and Hilary Clinton.
    (Yeah, we've used that one before.
    But if the guys on SportsCenter can regurgitate on a daily basis inanity like "winner, winner chicken parm dinner," we're allowed to roll the same line out once or twice per year.)

    The Newsday report regarding the return of the booth trio doesn't say whether Michelle Tafoya or Suzy Kolber will reprise their role as sideline reporters.

    It's not for us to tell ESPN how to spend their money (although since we own Disney stock we have a real interest in the existence of potential waste).
    But can anyone assessing objectively the value added by these two pieces of eye medicine come to any conclusion other than they really aren't bringing much to the table for the cash they're being paid?

    Most of Suzy Kolber's reports are items cobbled together before the game, and have nothing to do with things that have transpired since kickoff.
    Of these, most relate to stories or anecdotes that have previously been reported elsewhere.
    Tafoya is better, but her "What was going through your mind?" crutch constantly reminds us of the old Chris Farley Show on SNL, when Farley would display the interviewing skills of a 14-year-old on crack.

    Please, Bristol, don't be afraid to make changes.
    The ratings were good (not great) not because of the sock puppets covering the game, but in spite of them.
    Maybe, just maybe, if efforts to improve the on-air product were made (and it wouldn't take much) even more people would watch.

    the first time i hear tafoya go
    " uhh do you remeber that time in die hard uh.. when there was glass on the ground and uh.. bruce willis didnt have any shoes and uh... he had to walk on it barefoot...."

    "yea???...."

    tafoya: " that was awsome!!!"
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

  6. #6
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: 'nother yr of MNF Hell

    i love it when jackhole theisman contradicts himself (99% of the time) and Kornholio calls him out on it..


    it's awesome.

    better than listening to madden talking about favre during a titan/raven game. sunday night football needs an overhaul, and that jingle, giminee cricket, shoot me already.

  7. #7
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: 'nother yr of MNF Hell

    Another year of muting these clowns out, and listening to the play-by-play online.
    -Sno

  8. #8
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'nother yr of MNF Hell

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    oh God no, not that again !!!!

    Are ESPN trying to destroy MNF within a couple of seasons so that it is forced onto the NFL Network and made as PPV for everyone ?
    MNF brought ESPN their highest ratings ever this year.
    I believe that would be considered a "success", from their standpoint.

    I wish they'd can Theismann.
    He's much more annoying than Kornheiser.

    =Z=
    Kornheiser is ok on PTI but every time I saw MNF this season he always seemed to be more concerned about how the game was affecting his FF that week. If he could drop that and stick to the game more then that would be a big improvement.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  9. #9
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: 'nother yr of MNF Hell

    Kinda like Entertainment tonight meets the 3 Stooges.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  10. #10
    1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    171

    Re: 'nother yr of MNF Hell

    I don't really care for these idiots. I don't think me our anybody will be completly be happy with whoever they have in the booth. (unless it was hot topless women)
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What ta hell?
    By smootpepper in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 08:10 AM
  2. What the hell?!
    By Primetime42 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 12:21 PM
  3. Nother Pack Joke
    By Webby in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 08:35 PM
  4. What the hell are we doing?!
    By MossWilliamsHenderson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 08:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •