Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

This is not meant to be racist in anyway, but

I was always kind of unsettled when Ray Rhodes established the first all-black coaching triumverant in the NFL (Head, OC, and DC). The Packers got a lot of extra attention for that before the season started.

EDIT: Just wanted everyone to be aware I meant I was unsettled at the extra attention, not with the fact the coaches were hired. I reread that and kind of cringed....

Then, the season fell apart, and they fired Rhodes, and they came under fire for firing the first all-black coaching triumverant.

I had nothing against Rhodes racially at all. But he was lacking in discipline, spent more time in the locker room being a "buddy" to the players, playing dominoes or whatever, and didn't seem to have any of his own control. White or black, that's not the kind of guy I would want coaching my professional team.

No offense, but in some ways, Mike Tice is sort of similar...blows a lot of smoke, tries to be on the same level as the players, doesn't seem to be able to gain control when the ship starts sinking....

Before you all start cutting on Mike Sherman, trust me, Sherman has his own problems and comes under his own criticism from even us Packer fans. My point is, I would have the same reservations about Tice's shortcomings as I did Rhodes'.

On the other hand, you can't deny that Tice is getting a second chance that Rhodes did not. A lot of you were speculating Tice would get the axe until Red made his big statement supporting him. Personally, I hope you keep Tice on. :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePharaoh" wrote:
    Oh.... and yes you may move on, but you still found time to spout your feeling here about "minority" players and coaching and what they say or how they label themselves. YOU SURE YOU ARE REALLY MOVING ON? :rr:
    Nothing personal Purple Pharaoh, but "Race" is such a tough issue to address. It's a lose - lose situation. You can't say anything about the subject without being labeled a racist.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

[quote="SKOL"][quote="PurplePharaoh"] Oh.... and yes you may move on, but you still found time to spout your feeling here about "minority" players and coaching and what they say or how they label themselves. YOU SURE YOU ARE REALLY MOVING ON? :rr:

Nothing personal Purple Pharaoh, but "Race" is such a tough issue to address. It's a lose - lose situation. You can't say anything about the subject without being labeled a racist

how about I like apples but not applesauce....just kidding we need to lighten up(as a people). :read:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

purple pharoh i agree with you i dont think its exactly fair that black people get jobs over white just because race it should go by how qualified you are for the job. i have an african american friend who goes to my school and its really dominantly white there is only about 2000 people in my town and some kids make racist jokes but he just laughs about it
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12