Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SixKings is offline Waterboy

This is not meant to be racist in anyway, but

[quote]NFL | SI Names 101 Most Influential Minorities in Sports - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 24 Jun 2004 21:32:56 -0700

AZCardinals.com reports five NFL head coaches—Arizona Cardinals' Dennis Green, Indianapolis Colts' Tony Dungy, Cincinnati Bengals' Marvin Lewis, Chicago Bears' Lovie Smith and New York Jets' Herman Edwards—have been named to Sports Illustrated's 101 Most Influential Minorities in Sports list. Others on the list with NFL ties include: Gene Upshaw (NFLPA Executive Director), Harold Henderson (NFL Executive VP/Labor Relations), Baltimore Ravens GM and Executive VP Ozzie Newsome, Gene Washington (NFL Director of Football Operations), Art Shell (NFL Senior VP/Football Operations and Development), James Harris (Jacksonville Jaguars VP/Player Personnel), Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick, Rod Graves (Arizona Cardinals VP/Football Operations), Ray Anderson (Atlanta Falcons Exec VP and Chief Administrative Officer), Martin Mayhew (Detroit Lions Senior VP/Football Administration and Legal Affairs), and New England Patriots Defensive Coordinator Romeo Crennel.
    [/quote}

As long as "minorities" want to be recognized as such, then why must they put themselves in thier own category? Why can't they just be people instead of saying, "I'm a minority and believe have no rights, or get little opportunies"... This makes me upset... I believe there are two types of people in this world, those who give and receive, and those who just want want everything their way. As long as "minorities" want to be in that class, the longer they will be observed as such. Everyone is racist in some way or another, quit bitching about how little you have or get not matter if it's monitary or a pat on the back... We all get the foot up the ass... Infact, I have lost job opportunities to people who were in thier own class, even though I was more qualified. Now, as a White American male, can I do anything about it? Nope. I move on and look for another way to better myself. Sorry, this isn't meant to be a bitch fest and everyone (I don't care what race, color, religion) you are... We all should have the same opportunities as the next person.

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Amen to that. You are correct the longer people keep separating themselves as minority or otherwise the longer they will be seen as that. Although I don't know that is always the people themselves that make these statements which point out these differences and puts these labels on people or if it is soceity, media etc. So you can debate on who is doing this. Was it a person of minority compiling this list or just someone who saw it as an angle. Believe it or not six kings you are now becoming the minority at least that is what consensus reports in minnesota are showing if not through most of this great country.

SixKings is offline Waterboy

Believe it or not six kings you are now becoming the minority
    Absolutely, I'm already in the minority, but as long as I'm viewed as a person with equal opportunities without the help of special organizations, then that's when I'm a firm believer in the declaration of independence, and I quote "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they endowed by thier Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the persuit of Happiness"

As long as minorites want to be viewed as just that, there will always be racism in this country that even the minorities themselves are just as racist as any other person in the United States...

Does this sound familiar:

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

That's what is written on the book held by the lady herself. When you see the statue of liberty what do you think of? If you were a first time visitor, possibly looking for a new life and the boat that crossed thousands of miles of water for you to reach freedom, you see her. She represents what America should be... There is nothing in there that states if you are not American, you have no life here, Instead it represents the ladder. It gives hope to those who seek a new life. America gives hope to ALL, not just the few... Who are really the minorities in America?

lol, I was asked this question when applying for a grant, "Do you speek spanish or any other foreign language?" I lost that grant money because I don't speek anything but English; however, to move on and get my B.A. I needed to take a foreign language class... So, because I spoke proper English in America, it was do to the fact, that I couldn't speek Spanish, French, or Greman, that lost me grant money. I later found out that a Mexican-American (Why hypenated?) Aren't we all Americans? Anyway, I lost the grant to someone who spoke Spanish, yet could not speek English as even a ESL (English as a second language).

Ok, so now your saying to yourself, Your doing what others do, Comaplin that you lost out because... Why? Am I now a White male that is a minority? Do I get special treatment, or special organizations for grants or education? Nope, After this post, I will go back to reading and writing my Thesis about what America represents.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Hey six king I know what you mean. I truly think that there is a problem in America with the classification of our people. I'm black myself but if I saw you I would first a see man. This is how I see things, we bleed the same color blood, breathe the same air, and if we don't drink water we die from dehydration. Now this where it gets funny, some people are only trying help who they look like and that's wrong.
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I remember Denny Green saying he wanted an All Black Coaching Staff. Imagine a white coach saying he wants an all white coaching staff. He'd be fired on the spot and never work again. Unfortunately, there is a double standard for what people can say and get away with.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

You know what? That is true Skol but the most outspoken voice for whites are groups like the kkk or skinheads. I mean I'm a juvinile P.O. but I still get looked at like I'm runnin with a gang, or I m going to rob someone. It's all Bullshit to me.
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

First Thanks SIXKINGS this was cool

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

That's what is written on the book held by the lady herself. When you see the statue of liberty what do you think of? If you were a first time visitor, possibly looking for a new life and the boat that crossed thousands of miles of water for you to reach freedom, you see her. She represents what America should be... There is nothing in there that states if you are not American, you have no life here, Instead it represents the ladder. It gives hope to those who seek a new life. America gives hope to ALL, not just the few... Who are really the minorities in America?

Good luck on the thies

VegasVike Man my hats off to you dude, you have one of the hardest and important jobs any person could choose or have beside an educator emergancy services person or Law enforcement person, you have the front line of our youth who maybe don't have the prential guidence or parents they need or just don't have parents who care period, the yoouth of america what ever race or cread they come from need to be guided and watched.

I am sure you more than some of us see the inner bowels of what Sixking shared with us and how it has been forgotten or overlooked, as most folks do classify people,

I like to tell folks read the book don't judge the story by the cover,
    As I live in another part of the world, were just being and american is bad enough but I am white on top of it,

I learn what it means to be treated as a second class citizen, living abroad most of my life and listening to folks who hate americans just because they are american no matter what color shape size background education how much money, anything just because everything is better in america not one thing to them could be or is bad if they could just live in americqaa,

life is completely differant,

this quote put it into a perspectous
    As long as "minorities" want to be recognized as such, then why must they put themselves in thier own category? Why can't they just be people instead of saying, "I'm a minority and believe I have no rights, or get little opportunies,

the folks over here would say Make the opportunites stop crying about already,

they just want to get into america and "live the dream" call me what ever you want .....they say just let me live LIKE and AMERICAN lives... FREE.

man this is a subject that a lot of folks in america don't realize how good they have it.

which I can go on and on about but won't anyway SIXKINGS thanks you all for the words and VegasVike really man keep up the great work man...

You can't hide from the purple pride
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It is too bad that there is a double standard in our nation, and maybe we (white people) only see that. I think about things that pro athletes and coaches say all the time. There are a lot of things that minorities say that would not be tolerated if that person had been white. Usually I just take everything that they say in stride, but it does get irritating sometimes. Vegasvike, I also commend you on your job, that is something I don't think I would be able to do. It is terrible that people look at you and think that you are in a gang or whatever. I believe there was a great man that said "Why can't we all just get along?" (ok so maybe he wasn't a great man, but I think we all know who I'm talking about!)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Well put everyone! I agree 100% with all the statments that have been made in this thread.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

PurplePharaoh is offline Rookie

Im a black person and I honestly believe white people are now finally paying for the sins of their grandfathers. When a white man lose his job to a black person thats less qualified, you now know what it feels like to get passed over for employment, education, housing ect ect ect, just because of race. Its so bad for white people now that affirmative action (which I disagree with) has lost many a white man/woman there jobs or access to the better higher educational schools. However, the samething thats going on now for whites, have been done for centuries to black people. Is it fair? Nope but thats life these days. Oh.... and yes you may move on, but you still found time to spout your feeling here about "minority" players and coaching and what they say or how they label themselves. YOU SURE YOU ARE REALLY MOVING ON? :rr:
    http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/VikingTrader/

[img:af473e5384]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/don_banks/03/24/banks.vikes/p1_smoot.jpg[/img:af473e5384]

"If loving the Vikings is wrong, I dont wannabe right"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast