Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93
  1. #21
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    Comparing marijuana to speeding? I dont think so.
    Canada has already done this.
    They decriminalized certain aspects of marijuana which brings it on the level of a speeding ticket.


    Also I believe awhile ago Denver did or was close to decriminalizing it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decrimi..._United_States

    By the way you are the Gov's property.
    They can regulate just about everything you do apparently including freedom of expression.
    Does tattoos sound familiar?
    Governments property...sure, first time ive heard anyone term it that way. Tatoos are regulated but are allowed, i just got one the other day actually so im not sure your point. I guess you could say im proud to be "governments property" but i chose to join this organization just as he choose to join the National Football League. For now im gonna assume you werent taking a shot at what i do, limit it from this point on please.

    I was in NO way attacking what you do.
    My father was in Vietnam and I looked into the armed forces before college but I mentioned my heart murmer* and that was the end of that.
    That is one thing I hate about online conversations is all you have is smileys to show emotion.

    I am pretty sure about the government property thing.
    I have heard it come up a lot and I usually see through false rumors but I could be wrong.
    I believe it is based on that there is a law regarding soldiers going AWOL and it mentions them being "government property" (this is why soldiers don't have a CHOICE to fight).
    Somebody around here may know more.
    As far as the tattoos remark. I was referring to a new regulation that strictly regulates them and I remember now it is specifically for the Marines.

    I was thinking about putting in there at the end after my first post, but once again thanks for your service.

    *It wasn't soley the heart murmur but the fact that I have a Bicuspid Aortic Valve.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    960

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    First of all....let me apologize for getting so defensive. I just get really worked up with these pre madonas in the NFL when there are people out there dying just so they can play this game. I wish they would respect it more.

  3. #23
    PurpleTommyGun9's Avatar
    PurpleTommyGun9 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    27

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    I am merely stating that someone who is driving over the speed limit is putting the rest of society at risk because their vehicle can take a life by not being able to stop in time, or manuver safelly in traffic.
    The only people marijuana has ever killed are the people the cops have killed.
    I dare you to find more than one death attributed to marijuana use. (I've only seen one)
    I also think drug tests aren't fair. They don't have a urine test for pedophiles, theives, rapists, or any other attrocious behavior, but they can sure bust the guy who smoked a joint, ordered a pizza and played xbox 3 weeks after he smoked it.
    As for the army, you are under a completely different set of rules, laws and regulations. However I still feel you should be able to do what you want on your own time as long as it is not emotionally or physically harmfull to anyone else, even in the services.
    Have you ever heard of Peter Lemon, medal of honor recipient?

    The Associated Press reported corroborative details from Detroit under a June 22, 1971, dateline:

    A Congressional Medal of Honor winner says he was "stoned" on marijuana the night he fought off two waves of Vietcong soldiers and won America's highest military honor....

    It was April 1, 1970, when Mr. [Peter] Lemon, an Army Specialist 4, used his rifle, machine gun and hand grenades to smash a large attack on his position.

    He fought the enemy single-handed and dragged a wounded comrade to the rear before collapsing from exhaustion and three wounds. At a medical center, he refused treatment until more seriously injured men had been cared for.

    The dispatch quoted the injured hero as explaining: "It was the only time I ever went into combat stoned.

    "You get really alert when you're stoned because you have to be. We were all partying the night before. We weren't expecting any action because we were in a support group."

    Mr. Lemon continued: "All the guys were heads [confirmed marijuana smokers]. We'd sit around smoking grass and getting stoned and talking about when we'd get to go home."

    This is one of my favorite topics to discuss. The drug war is a failure.


  4. #24
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    "PurpleTommyGun9" wrote:
    I always liked the kid, and the fact that he got cut for using marijuana just blows. Alcohol will kill 100 people in the USA today. Cigarettes will take 1000. Marijauna will kill 0.
    Please don't try to argue that it is illegal, because so is speeding, and oral sex (in some states) and I am sure there are more than a few players in the league guilty of that. Beating your woman is also illegal, and in my opinion a far worse representation of character.
    I'm sure I will be laughed at for this, but I'd take him back. He was a good player, and he was exciting.
    I say good luck to you Onterrio, but take it easy on us if we meet again.
    Comparing marijuana to speeding? I dont think so. I can understand why you are making your argument but it really isnt relevant. The NFL has rules in place and those rules must be followed. Yes there are worse offenses and maybe something shoudl be done, but Whiz new what the rules where, even had two warnings but that wasnt enough. Also to say marijuana doesnt kill anyone is ridiculous. Im not totally against but rules are rules, if you dont like em get out. I would recieve a dishonorable discharge from the army if i were to test positive just once, talk about ruining your whole life. Why should NFL players recieve more privelages than soldiers?
    1. What is rediculous about saying that marijuana doesn't kill anybody? Find me one person whose primary cause of death was marijuana and i will never puff again!

    2. To answer your question, A football player should be able to smoke pot because they play a game for a living whereas a soldier drives big as tanks, planes, boats, and fires big as guns, rockets, bombs etc. If the football player is stoned and messes up, his team loses, if a soldier messes up his team dies.
    Its all about having personal dicipline and doing what is right, following rules by which you are to live by. Smoke pot all you want, i really dont care. And from your completley uneducated statement about what soldiers do and are about im not even going to hold that credible
    I was not trying to say that all a soldier does is blow up shit but that all a football player does is play football. If you want to put your work on the same level as a football player go ahead.

  5. #25
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    Obviously marijuana has really enhanced the lives of Onterio Smith and Ricky Williams.
    Look them up in 15 years and see how life has worked out for them.
    Look at yourself in the mirror in 15 years and show me how successful you are if you are still using.
    Yes, pot is likely the least harmfull in the short term.
    But ALL drugs including pot are harmfull.
    And all drugs and alcohol really do for you ,is make you feel better about putting up with all the shit life throws at you!
    Quit now. You'll have a better life.

    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  6. #26
    PurpleTommyGun9's Avatar
    PurpleTommyGun9 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    27

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    I have to disagree that ALL drugs are harmfull. I have to take a pill every day to balance out my thyroid. Others require heart medication, or insulin, etc...

    However, the ABUSE of anything is not good for your health. That includes drugs, sex, shopping, etc.

    The only reason that O. Smith and R. Williams lives have been effected by pot in a negative way is the fact that this country is still living under prohibition. If the plant were STILL legal as it used to be until 1931, then the only trouble they would have gotten in would have been for their behavior, not for a substance they put in their bodies. Oh yeah, they haven't hurt one person off the field, that's right, so they would have been just like any other player who drinks.

    As far as success, let's ask Snoop Dog, Kevin Smith, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Bob Marley, Robert Mitchum, Montel Williams,The Beatles, Bill Clinton...(this list could be very large) how it kept them from becoming successull in life. It has obviously held them back and dampened their abilities.

    It's time to legalize it and make people responsible for their BEHAVIOR.

  7. #27
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Obviously marijuana has really enhanced the lives of Onterio Smith and Ricky Williams.
    Look them up in 15 years and see how life has worked out for them.
    Look at yourself in the mirror in 15 years and show me how successful you are if you are still using.
    Yes, pot is likely the least harmfull in the short term.
    But ALL drugs including pot are harmfull.
    And all drugs and alcohol really do for you ,is make you feel better about putting up with all the shit life throws at you!
    Quit now. You'll have a better life.

    the same thing could be said for tobacco, alchol, caffein, television, porn etc. Quitting anyone of these would no doubt improve your life to some degree, but it is not up to the government to protect me from myself, i have to make my own decisions don't i?

  8. #28
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    Obviously marijuana has really enhanced the lives of Onterio Smith and Ricky Williams.
    Look them up in 15 years and see how life has worked out for them.
    Look at yourself in the mirror in 15 years and show me how successful you are if you are still using.
    Yes, pot is likely the least harmfull in the short term.
    But ALL drugs including pot are harmfull.
    And all drugs and alcohol really do for you ,is make you feel better about putting up with all the shit life throws at you!
    Quit now. You'll have a better life.

    Who's your avatar?


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  9. #29
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "jmcdon00" wrote:

    the same thing could be said for tobacco, alchol, caffein, television, porn etc. Quitting anyone of these would no doubt improve your life to some degree.......
    [img width=32 height=22]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/scratch2.gif[/img] I don't see how giving up porn will improve my life.

    In fact, I think it improves it. It gets my heart & blood pumping as if I just ran the quarter mile.
    8)

    If I gave up porn, I think I'd have no life at all.
    :P

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #30
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "singersp" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

    the same thing could be said for tobacco, alchol, caffein, television, porn etc. Quitting anyone of these would no doubt improve your life to some degree.......
    [img width=32 height=22]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/smilies/scratch2.gif[/img] I don't see how giving up porn will improve my life.

    In fact, I think it improves it. It gets my heart & blood pumping as if I just ran the quarter mile.
    8)

    If I gave up porn, I think I'd have no life at all.
    :P
    It's less strenous than exercising and you don't sweat as much



Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gee Whiz, Onterrio wants to get back in
    By Purplexing in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
  2. greece beats us!!!
    By digital420 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 12:43 PM
  3. Beats
    By V4L in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 04:42 PM
  4. The Whiz on Around the Horn
    By Euphman06 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 04:06 AM
  5. Cheese Whiz time!
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 11:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •