Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 93
  1. #11
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    Has anybody heard anything on him lately as to if he ever got into football shape or gave up his weed habit?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #12
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    Not gonna lie I could care less about his drug abuse. (If it was crack that would be another story).
    But since hes got 2 years of rust to grind off and probably lung cancer I wouldn't like him back on this team unless he proves himself in a very good way.
    I think everybody will agree that Childress won't even consider him anyways.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    960

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "vike_mike" wrote:
    It's too bad, I thought that he was one of the top 5-6 RB's in the NFL.
    What a waste of talent.
    Just think with him and C. Taylor back there.
    That duo would have been tough.

    I liked the comment about him being kitty kat material.
    I live in kitty town and all these kitty kat fans talk about how they kick us down here.
    I have to hear it until we beat piss out of them again.
    That would put him in the same class as Tomlinson, L.J., Shaun Alexander, Barber, Steven Jackson, Deuce. He was good but not .top 5 or 6

  4. #14
    PurpleTommyGun9's Avatar
    PurpleTommyGun9 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    27

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    I always liked the kid, and the fact that he got cut for using marijuana just blows. Alcohol will kill 100 people in the USA today. Cigarettes will take 1000. Marijauna will kill 0.
    Please don't try to argue that it is illegal, because so is speeding, and oral sex (in some states) and I am sure there are more than a few players in the league guilty of that. Beating your woman is also illegal, and in my opinion a far worse representation of character.
    I'm sure I will be laughed at for this, but I'd take him back. He was a good player, and he was exciting.
    I say good luck to you Onterrio, but take it easy on us if we meet again.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    960

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "PurpleTommyGun9" wrote:
    I always liked the kid, and the fact that he got cut for using marijuana just blows. Alcohol will kill 100 people in the USA today. Cigarettes will take 1000. Marijauna will kill 0.
    Please don't try to argue that it is illegal, because so is speeding, and oral sex (in some states) and I am sure there are more than a few players in the league guilty of that. Beating your woman is also illegal, and in my opinion a far worse representation of character.
    I'm sure I will be laughed at for this, but I'd take him back. He was a good player, and he was exciting.
    I say good luck to you Onterrio, but take it easy on us if we meet again.
    Comparing marijuana to speeding? I dont think so. I can understand why you are making your argument but it really isnt relevant. The NFL has rules in place and those rules must be followed. Yes there are worse offenses and maybe something shoudl be done, but Whiz new what the rules where, even had two warnings but that wasnt enough. Also to say marijuana doesnt kill anyone is ridiculous. Im not totally against but rules are rules, if you dont like em get out. I would recieve a dishonorable discharge from the army if i were to test positive just once, talk about ruining your whole life. Why should NFL players recieve more privelages than soldiers?

  6. #16
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "PurpleTommyGun9" wrote:
    I always liked the kid, and the fact that he got cut for using marijuana just blows. Alcohol will kill 100 people in the USA today. Cigarettes will take 1000. Marijauna will kill 0.
    Please don't try to argue that it is illegal, because so is speeding, and oral sex (in some states) and I am sure there are more than a few players in the league guilty of that. Beating your woman is also illegal, and in my opinion a far worse representation of character.
    I'm sure I will be laughed at for this, but I'd take him back. He was a good player, and he was exciting.
    I say good luck to you Onterrio, but take it easy on us if we meet again.
    Its a legitimate opinion, In fact I know a lot of well-established successful adults that practice what you preach for various reasons (No, they aren't all a bunch of Liberals).
    I would just be careful in your comparisons.


    As for Smith:
    To shun Smith as a bad person simply doesn't know about him.
    After the incident he stated that he was "young and careless".
    He also volunteered for community services such as United Way and The City Inc in the cities while he was here.

    Apparently Smith was eligible for reinstatement back in Oct of '06 (week 4).

    Where is that kid that knows Kimbo, he might know what the Whiz has been up to.
    I think I remember him saying he gets down with the Whiz.
    If you know what I mean.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  7. #17
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    Comparing marijuana to speeding? I dont think so.
    Canada has already done this.
    They decriminalized certain aspects of marijuana which brings it on the level of a speeding ticket.


    Also I believe awhile ago Denver did or was close to decriminalizing it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decrimi..._United_States

    By the way you are the Gov's property.
    They can regulate just about everything you do apparently including freedom of expression.
    Does tattoos sound familiar?


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  8. #18
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    "PurpleTommyGun9" wrote:
    I always liked the kid, and the fact that he got cut for using marijuana just blows. Alcohol will kill 100 people in the USA today. Cigarettes will take 1000. Marijauna will kill 0.
    Please don't try to argue that it is illegal, because so is speeding, and oral sex (in some states) and I am sure there are more than a few players in the league guilty of that. Beating your woman is also illegal, and in my opinion a far worse representation of character.
    I'm sure I will be laughed at for this, but I'd take him back. He was a good player, and he was exciting.
    I say good luck to you Onterrio, but take it easy on us if we meet again.
    Comparing marijuana to speeding? I dont think so. I can understand why you are making your argument but it really isnt relevant. The NFL has rules in place and those rules must be followed. Yes there are worse offenses and maybe something shoudl be done, but Whiz new what the rules where, even had two warnings but that wasnt enough. Also to say marijuana doesnt kill anyone is ridiculous. Im not totally against but rules are rules, if you dont like em get out. I would recieve a dishonorable discharge from the army if i were to test positive just once, talk about ruining your whole life. Why should NFL players recieve more privelages than soldiers?
    1. What is rediculous about saying that marijuana doesn't kill anybody? Find me one person whose primary cause of death was marijuana and i will never puff again!

    2. To answer your question, A football player should be able to smoke pot because they play a game for a living whereas a soldier drives big as tanks, planes, boats, and fires big as guns, rockets, bombs etc. If the football player is stoned and messes up, his team loses, if a soldier messes up his team dies.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    960

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "Billy" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    Comparing marijuana to speeding? I dont think so.
    Canada has already done this.
    They decriminalized certain aspects of marijuana which brings it on the level of a speeding ticket.


    Also I believe awhile ago Denver did or was close to decriminalizing it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decrimi..._United_States

    By the way you are the Gov's property.
    They can regulate just about everything you do apparently including freedom of expression.
    Does tattoos sound familiar?
    Governments property...sure, first time ive heard anyone term it that way. Tatoos are regulated but are allowed, i just got one the other day actually so im not sure your point. I guess you could say im proud to be "governments property" but i chose to join this organization just as he choose to join the National Football League. For now im gonna assume you werent taking a shot at what i do, limit it from this point on please.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    960

    Re: Nobody beats the Whiz

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    "PurpleTommyGun9" wrote:
    I always liked the kid, and the fact that he got cut for using marijuana just blows. Alcohol will kill 100 people in the USA today. Cigarettes will take 1000. Marijauna will kill 0.
    Please don't try to argue that it is illegal, because so is speeding, and oral sex (in some states) and I am sure there are more than a few players in the league guilty of that. Beating your woman is also illegal, and in my opinion a far worse representation of character.
    I'm sure I will be laughed at for this, but I'd take him back. He was a good player, and he was exciting.
    I say good luck to you Onterrio, but take it easy on us if we meet again.
    Comparing marijuana to speeding? I dont think so. I can understand why you are making your argument but it really isnt relevant. The NFL has rules in place and those rules must be followed. Yes there are worse offenses and maybe something shoudl be done, but Whiz new what the rules where, even had two warnings but that wasnt enough. Also to say marijuana doesnt kill anyone is ridiculous. Im not totally against but rules are rules, if you dont like em get out. I would recieve a dishonorable discharge from the army if i were to test positive just once, talk about ruining your whole life. Why should NFL players recieve more privelages than soldiers?
    1. What is rediculous about saying that marijuana doesn't kill anybody? Find me one person whose primary cause of death was marijuana and i will never puff again!

    2. To answer your question, A football player should be able to smoke pot because they play a game for a living whereas a soldier drives big as tanks, planes, boats, and fires big as guns, rockets, bombs etc. If the football player is stoned and messes up, his team loses, if a soldier messes up his team dies.
    Its all about having personal dicipline and doing what is right, following rules by which you are to live by. Smoke pot all you want, i really dont care. And from your completley uneducated statement about what soldiers do and are about im not even going to hold that credible

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gee Whiz, Onterrio wants to get back in
    By Purplexing in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
  2. greece beats us!!!
    By digital420 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 12:43 PM
  3. Beats
    By V4L in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 04:42 PM
  4. The Whiz on Around the Horn
    By Euphman06 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 04:06 AM
  5. Cheese Whiz time!
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 11:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •