Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

No rest at this camp

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/97906309.html

No rest at this camp
    By JUDD ZULGAD and CHIP SCOGGINS, Star Tribune staff writers
    Last update: July 6, 2010 - 9:51 PM

The sun was beating down on the Bierman Track and Field Stadium on Tuesday morning and the rising dew point made the conditions increasingly more uncomfortable.

In other words, a perfect day to enjoy the air conditioning.

But Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald Jr. had little interest in making himself more comfortable. Instead, he and several other NFL players -- including Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis, Packers tight end Jermichael Finley, Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson and Denver wide receiver Eric Decker -- went through a rigorous workout on the University of Minnesota campus that is part of what could unofficially be called "Camp Fitzgerald."
    Nice to see TJack participating.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re:No rest at this camp

No substitute for hard work. Wish more of our guys were there. Anyone know if Tjack makes Minnesota his home or did he come up for this?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'd imagine he came up for this.

He lives in Alabama no? Doesn't he also have a kid and family down there? I just don't see him as the kind of guy to live in Minnesota in the offseason.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

It does sound like he spends a lot of time at the facility tho...?

Definitely good to get a step up on the TC sweating! I thought it interesting how many non WRs were attending...do you suppose guys like Tarvaris and Malcolm and Laurinitis are running routes too? Could TJack be diversifying his game for some wildcat options?

Love this quote from Irvin on Favre returning:

"You canít blame him. I tell people all the time: Donít be stupid. Donít allow your ego to make you walk away from the greatest thing you will ever experience. The unity of walking onto a football field with 52 other guys, you have one purpose, one goal and one heartbeat. Wow, what a feeling. You make them drag you off the field. You Ö make Ö them ... drag Ö you Ö off Ö the Ö field. You will never have this again in your life."
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/97871704.html
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Blog Entries

From the sounds of it, the camp has a priority on conditioning/preparing.

But also, while the receivers are running routes, who do you think throws the balls? They don't throw themselves. I bet TJ's throwing a bunch of balls, and probably running some routes for fun too. Football isn't all business, its supposed to be fun.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    From the sounds of it, the camp has a priority on conditioning/preparing.

But also, while the receivers are running routes, who do you think throws the balls? They don't throw themselves. I bet TJ's throwing a bunch of balls, and probably running some routes for fun too. Football isn't all business, its supposed to be fun.
    +1

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

JuddZulgad tweets:

"Vikings at Fitzgerald's workout Thurs included Jaymar Johnson, Tyrell Johnson, Madieu Williams and Tarvaris Jackson."

and

"Cris Carter did not seem pleased that Sidney Rice was not present. Rice's work at these sessions last year was key to his success."
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Larry Fitzgerald hopes Brett Favre retires, disses the Saints

Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2010 9:36 AM ET
    Count a former Vikings ball boy among the folks who hope that a current Vikings quarterback decides to call it quits before a 20th NFL season.

Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald would prefer to come home on November 7 and face a team without Brett Favre.

"Honestly, if he didn't come back I wouldn't mind," Fitzgerald said, per Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. "You look at the NFC right now, you think of the Cowboys, you think of the Green Bay Packers, you think of the Minnesota Vikings. Those are the three juggernauts in our conference and if Brett wasn't back I don't know."

Um, Larry? How about the team from New Orleans? You know, the one that kicked your team's butt in the playoffs and knocked out that 80-year-old man who used to quarterback the Cardinals?

Meanwhile, Fitzgerald thinks Favre will play. "He will be there for sure," Fitzgerald said. "Who would turn down $13 million? Would you?"

Classic Interview. The link is too long and it comes back page not found, but its a PFT article. There is another classic line or two that I did not cut and paste. Check it out. I thought it was relevant since Judd interviewed him after the session.

Blog Entries

bad link

But he's right, from an outsider view.

a) Vikings are easier to beat without Favre.
    On a side note, TJ was at this camp, and Fitz still says that. Another huge endorsement for TJ from a star in the league....

b) Saints are overrated, and won't repeat

Two solid points.

That's a point that previously hasn't been raised this year. Apart from trying to pull a John Elway and leave the game with a Lombardi tucked in the belt of his Wranglers or hoping, Jerry Rice-style, to set the all-time records so high that no one will ever break them, Favre gets $13 million -- $812,500 per game -- to play this year.
    So, yeah, he'll play. And he'll get the first crack at the team that Fitzgerald potentially has stirred up by leaving them off the short list of elite teams in the NFC.

So funny, and sooooo true!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast