Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: No more NFL Europe

Im a NFL Europa fan. Only thing that gets me through the silent off-season. GO FRANKFURT GALAXY!!! Stupid Hamburgh. I also like the Rhein Fire. JT OSullivan is the best rated and best player in NFL Europa.

Put that in your juice box and suck it. 8)
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    I think it's time they use the foundation of what's left to build something on their own
    But aren't a lot of those players under contract with NFL teams or just a handfull of them?
    Yes they are.

What I meant were that now, more than when the league were founded there are more and more local/national players on the rosters, and they have the administrative foundation down for some future franchises as well as a fanbase.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"RK." wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Well I hope they look at a true minor league system now. There ar ealot of players that given the chance to develop in the minor league(like TJack) could turn out to be solid players
    Isn't that what the CFL is for?
    ;D
    Or Arena Football. I'm sure I read somewhere that there are actually players getting into the league from there.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]NFLl finds out that some sports just don't travel all that well[/size]

BERND FRANKE
    wellandtribune.ca

Sports - Friday, July 06, 2007 @ 09:00

Parochialism in sports is alive and well - and thriving - on both sides of the Atlantic.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I think the NFL is more popular over here than a lot of people think, the Giants/Dolphins game at Wembley had over half a million ticket requests in the first 72 hours. NFL Europe was averaging crowds of over 20 thousand, to watch players not good enough for the big league, I don't know what the NFL were expecting but to me that does not constitute failure.

"scottishvike" wrote:
    I think the NFL is more popular over here than a lot of people think, the Giants/Dolphins game at Wembley had over half a million ticket requests in the first 72 hours. NFL Europe was averaging crowds of over 20 thousand, to watch players not good enough for the big league, I don't know what the NFL were expecting but to me that does not constitute failure.
    And despite of that they still managed to loose a lot of money.

But at least I guess we can now look forward to more regular season games to be moved here.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Never really watch up, but now who will I dominate in NFL Quaterback Club 98? (All the games before current gen, XBox 360) Had Them. the only fun was 98 when Kurt Warner was on one of the teams

Thank you Josdin for the sig

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"scottishvike" wrote:
    The problem is that the most NFL fans this side of the pond have been spoilt in recent years with NFL coverage. We have access to a doubleheader on a Sunday, plus the Sunday night game and MNF. Add to that we can get audio feeds and stream Tv ( not completely legal but hey ! ). So as a result the players in NFL Europe had a hard time selling the game as they weren't household names and consequently attendances were never going to match anywhere near what regular season games pull in.
    In this day and age everyone wants instant success and the top stars and, unfortunately, won't settle for what they consider second best. It's not right but thats the way it is.
    The NFL is all about the $$, hence why the overseas games are being tried out. If games over the next couple of years are successful then look to see more regular season games being played overseas. As nice as it is for the overseas fans, of which I'm one, I don't agree with going down that line.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Isn't this old news?
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    The problem is that the most NFL fans this side of the pond have been spoilt in recent years with NFL coverage. We have access to a doubleheader on a Sunday, plus the Sunday night game and MNF. Add to that we can get audio feeds and stream Tv ( not completely legal but hey ! ). So as a result the players in NFL Europe had a hard time selling the game as they weren't household names and consequently attendances were never going to match anywhere near what regular season games pull in.
    In this day and age everyone wants instant success and the top stars and, unfortunately, won't settle for what they consider second best. It's not right but thats the way it is.
    The NFL is all about the $$, hence why the overseas games are being tried out. If games over the next couple of years are successful then look to see more regular season games being played overseas. As nice as it is for the overseas fans, of which I'm one, I don't agree with going down that line.
    I for one support the addition of a 17th regular season game, and the deletion of
    one of the preseason games.
    That would allow for 16 regular season games outside the normal host cities, so countries like England and Germany could each have a package of games (say 4 regular season games each).
    We still even put 8 games in LA, so they can stop bitching about not having their own team...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123