Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

With No Clear-Cut Favorite in the Draft, the Question Remains: 'Who's No. 1?'

[size=13pt]With No Clear-Cut Favorite in the Draft, the Question Remains: 'Who's No. 1?'[/size]

By Mark Maske
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    washingtonpost.com

Monday, February 25, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS, Feb. 24 -- It will be an NFL draft with plenty of intrigue this year........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Re: With No Clear-Cut Favorite in the Draft, the Question Remains: 'Who's No. 1?

It is Chris Long.
    He obviously has the drive to succeed because he certainly doesn't lack the money.
    He won't slow down after signing a big contract.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: With No Clear-Cut Favorite in the Draft, the Question Remains: 'Who's No. 1?'

its Jake Long
    but i doubt the tuna will take him

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: With No Clear-Cut Favorite in the Draft, the Question Remains: 'Who's No. 1?

Only two replies to this thread? All those PP.O mock drafts & this is it?

Hell, I thought Marrdro would have had at least two paragraphs in this one.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Miami should either go with Glen Dorsey or a QB... but i could
    care less.\

I feel like there are 50 threads about the same subject.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    Miami should either go with Glen Dorsey or a QB... but i could
    care less.\

I feel like there are 50 threads about the same subject.
    thats because there are 50 threads about this

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: With No Clear-Cut Favorite in the Draft, the Question Remains: 'Who's No. 1?'

There's a difference between who should be drafted #1, and who will be.

It also depends on need. But as far as an athlete, I think Chris Long might be the best. But the smart move might be to give #1 kind money, to your future franchise QB Matt Ryan, or a sure bet LT prospect like Jake Long.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

Sorry my friend.
    I've been slacking...... ;D

Here is a update to my previously posted "Team Need/Analysis"

1. Miami Dolphins -
    Team Needs: DT OT OLB ILB QB CB FS SS
    What will the Tuna (Bill Parcells) do here.
    I look for him to have his coaches attempt at developing John Beck as the franchise QB of the future and try to trade this pick to someone else so that he can get more guys in via the draft.
    If he uses this pick I believe the Tuna will have his staff get the best Defensive player on the board be it a DE, DT or Secondary pick.
    It is pretty hard to determine what will happen.
    I really believe that there is no real true "Number 1" pick in this draft that warrants the kindof money/risk associated with this pick.

I bet the phones will start working down in Miami shortly after Friday when all the FA's hit the market and from there the Tuna will start to make some decisions.

Based on what I can tell, thier needs are - DT OT OLB ILB QB CB FS SS

QB - Unless your a true homer, then you will have to agree that there isn't a franchise QB in this draft that warrants a QB getting picked.
    In fact if the Tuna trades out of this spot the team that trades up will either be looking at RB or one of the DT or OT's.
    Again, alot of issuese with moving up to get any of those players.
    Don't see it happening.

DT - Sedrick Ellis and Glen Dorsey appear to be the best of the best with Ellis edging Dorsey out only because Ellis fits the 3-4 scheme that I assume the Tuna will run.
    Initial indicators are the loss of older LB and retention of Taylor who fits that scheme.

DE - Son of Long is a perfect fit for this scheme and has a huge name to compliment his huge upside.
    Him and Taylor on the outside would be a formidable pair of ends in the 3-4 scheme.

OT -
    I think there are alot of top prospects here as well but believe none of them warrant a first pick. Besides, I believe when you rebuild a team, you start with the DL as your number one priority.
    OL second, QB third and playmakers after that.

With all that said, I think the Tuna will go ahead and make "Son of Long" his number one pick.

It will bring some excitement to the fans, give Jason Taylor some help.
    Even with all that, he is, in my book, also the best talent on the field this year with possibly one exception (McFadden) and that guy is slipping a bit as well because of the depth at RB and some of his off field issues.

Again, sorry for being so lazy/late with my reply.......

Son of Long is the pick.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Chris Long.. and its not even close, did anybody catch this guy working out at the combine? For a man his size he has the nimble feet of a running back... and obviously the pedigree
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Sorry my friend.
    I've been slacking...... ;D

Here is a update to my previously posted "Team Need/Analysis"

1. Miami Dolphins -
    Team Needs: DT OT OLB ILB QB CB FS SS
    What will the Tuna (Bill Parcells) do here.
    I look for him to have his coaches attempt at developing John Beck as the franchise QB of the future and try to trade this pick to someone else so that he can get more guys in via the draft.
    If he uses this pick I believe the Tuna will have his staff get the best Defensive player on the board be it a DE, DT or Secondary pick.
    It is pretty hard to determine what will happen.
    I really believe that there is no real true "Number 1" pick in this draft that warrants the kindof money/risk associated with this pick.

I bet the phones will start working down in Miami shortly after Friday when all the FA's hit the market and from there the Tuna will start to make some decisions.

Based on what I can tell, thier needs are - DT OT OLB ILB QB CB FS SS

QB - Unless your a true homer, then you will have to agree that there isn't a franchise QB in this draft that warrants a QB getting picked.
    In fact if the Tuna trades out of this spot the team that trades up will either be looking at RB or one of the DT or OT's.
    Again, alot of issuese with moving up to get any of those players.
    Don't see it happening.

DT - Sedrick Ellis and Glen Dorsey appear to be the best of the best with Ellis edging Dorsey out only because Ellis fits the 3-4 scheme that I assume the Tuna will run.
    Initial indicators are the loss of older LB and retention of Taylor who fits that scheme.

DE - Son of Long is a perfect fit for this scheme and has a huge name to compliment his huge upside.
    Him and Taylor on the outside would be a formidable pair of ends in the 3-4 scheme.

OT -
    I think there are alot of top prospects here as well but believe none of them warrant a first pick. Besides, I believe when you rebuild a team, you start with the DL as your number one priority.
    OL second, QB third and playmakers after that.

With all that said, I think the Tuna will go ahead and make "Son of Long" his number one pick.

It will bring some excitement to the fans, give Jason Taylor some help.
    Even with all that, he is, in my book, also the best talent on the field this year with possibly one exception (McFadden) and that guy is slipping a bit as well because of the depth at RB and some of his off field issues.

Again, sorry for being so lazy/late with my reply.......

Son of Long is the pick.
    ;D
    I agree. He has the pedigree and more importantly Wikipedia said so:

2008 NFL Draft

Long is considered the top defensive prospect available in the 2008 NFL Draft. Sports Illustrated projected he would be the first overall pick in the draft to the Miami Dolphins due to the relationship between current Executive Director of Football Operations, Bill Parcells and Long's coach at Virginia, Al Groh. </ref http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/02/14/mock.draft2.part1/index.html Other NFL analysts and scouts have him a consensus Top 5 pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast