Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Nick Saban quits Phins?

Found this little clip in another article.

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2007/01/nfl_honors_rookies_demeco_ryan_1.html

Saban brings change (or picks up some serious change) at Alabama ...

Now that Miami Dolphin football coach Nick Saban has decided to accept the $4 million-a-year job at Alabama, there will be a few changes for the University's students. (Note: While actual expenses can vary widely from student to student the semester budget below is a reasonable estimate for the Fall 2007/Spring 2008 terms.)

Estimated semester budget for undergraduate studies

Alabama Resident

Tuition
    $2,639.00
    Course Fees
    Dining Dollars Account
    Meal Plan
    Residential Hall Room (dble occupancy)
    Parking Decal
    Books and Supplies
    Nick Saban
    166.67*

Totals
    $6,470.67
    (*) - Per the expected enrollment of 24,000 students.

Note: In recognition of the value of the living-learning experience associated with on-campus living, dining and cheering for the football teams, effective with the 2007 Fall Semester, the University of Alabama will require first-year students to participate in the Freshman Residency Program, including the Freshman Dining Program, and the Freshmen Rooting for Nick Saban Program.

vikingsfan717 is offline Rookie

I think that Saban is a liar and if I was an owner I would never trust him and that is why I think that Saban will prob. not get another head coaching job in the NFL.

But on the other hand those kids at Alabama are going to have an easier time getting into the NFL becasue Saban has got connections.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

That is an interesting way to look at the costs of bringing in a biger name coach like Saban.

Childress still hasn't received any college offers yet huh??
    Surely there is a Junior College Intermural team in need of a West Coast offensive genius!
    ;D
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    Childress still hasn't received any college offers yet huh??
    Surely there is a Junior College Intermural team in need of a West Coast offensive genius!
    ;D
    ;D LMAO!

One Love

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    I don't understand why people get pissed when coaches leave their teams for what they percieve as a better job. Wouldn't you leave your job if someone offered you more money and more control? I think it's hypocritical to criticize a guy for leaving.

I don't blame Saban for leaving. He goes from the NFL where a coach's career expectancy is probably 3 years or less (for most guys) to Alabama where he is going to be paid more, he's going to be treated like a freaking celebrity and he's going to control the entire program. Plus, he'll get 2 or 3 free years to turn the program around.

I don't blame him one bit for leaving.
    I guess my point from my original post is that I don't blame him as much as I think he is a shifty SOB and feel sorry for Alabama.

And I would be pissed if I was a Phins Phan that he wasted 2 years there because "it wasn't really what he wanted" in a job.

He is a pompous jiggly butt.

I have no problem with a person that knows what they want.
    Hopefully he really really really wants the Bama job.
    The more I think about it, the more I think that Phins fans should be pissed.

I don't think they should be mad at him for leaving. I think they should be mad at him for the manner in which he left.

He said on several occasions that he wouldn't be the head coach @ Alabama. He said it over and over again, and then he turns around and accepts the offer. That's BS to me.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    I don't understand why people get pissed when coaches leave their teams for what they percieve as a better job. Wouldn't you leave your job if someone offered you more money and more control? I think it's hypocritical to criticize a guy for leaving.

I don't blame Saban for leaving. He goes from the NFL where a coach's career expectancy is probably 3 years or less (for most guys) to Alabama where he is going to be paid more, he's going to be treated like a freaking celebrity and he's going to control the entire program. Plus, he'll get 2 or 3 free years to turn the program around.

I don't blame him one bit for leaving.
    I guess my point from my original post is that I don't blame him as much as I think he is a shifty SOB and feel sorry for Alabama.

And I would be pissed if I was a Phins Phan that he wasted 2 years there because "it wasn't really what he wanted" in a job.

He is a pompous jiggly butt.

I have no problem with a person that knows what they want.
    Hopefully he really really really wants the Bama job.
    The more I think about it, the more I think that Phins fans should be pissed.

I don't think they should be mad at him for leaving. I think they should be mad at him for the manner in which he left.

He said on several occasions that he wouldn't be the head coach @ Alabama. He said it over and over again, and then he turns around and accepts the offer. That's BS to me.
    He probably didn't want his team to quit on HIM!
    Tough one!

In his PC today, he didn't even say "I will" take this team to success, what I heard was "I will try," which was like a big question mark.
    That is not a very good rah-rah speech.

He does have a few things going for him, the LSU days and the prestige of being an NFL coach.
    Kids might just go there thinking that he can promise them a glimpse or the know how to get to the NFL.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Why are people crying about Saban's decision. It must be a SLOW news day this is not news. People take jobs and quit jobs ALL the TIME.

Nobody is crying about the CEO of Home Depot leaving and getting a 200+Million package.

I'm shocked people are that upset like they really knew Nick Saban.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I don't get this one bit. Who cares Congrats Nick on the new job.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Phin fans probably feel like Gopher Fans when Lou dissed us....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12