Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Nice Regular Season N.E. Pats

I am on the side of the posters who put the Vikes first and recognize the game second.
    Funny thing about the game.
    If you didn't have the other 31 teams were would the Vikes be.

Funny thing to ponder.
    If the Vikings aren't on and there is another game on do you watch it or move on to something else?
    I for one watch the game(s). Why, cause I love the game.
    I believe it is the best one in the world.

On to the game.

Couple of observations that might cause a few of you who only watch the Vikes to wonder a bit about some of your comments over this years time....

a.
    Wes Welker leads the league in receptions.
    Guess what, he is also the Punt Returner for the Pats.
    Hmmmmmmmmm

;D
    b.
    How many times did you see the Pats continue to pound the rock up the middle, off gaurd, off tackle during that game even though it wasn't getting any/much yards?
    Hmmmmmmmm

;D
    c.
    How many times did you see the Pats throw the same WR screen out in the flats without getting the 3rd down?
    Hmmmmmmmm ;D

Sarcasim on
    gol 'darnit Beeeeelllllliiicheeek.
    Using his league leading WR on PR risking him to injury as well as running the same plays over and over again even though the weren't working.
    gol 'darnit that guy just can't make any adjustments.
    Why couldn't he be more creative in the first half?
    If he was he they wouldn't have been down to the Giants.
    Sarcasim off

For those of you who only watch the Vikes, crawl out of your hole and watch some other games.
    You might not make stupid statements like some of you do.

Congrats to the Patriots.
    A historical year that I will always be able to say that I got to see unfold.

Congrats to the Giants.
    You put up a hell of a fight and made a historic game one to remember.
    Everyone can hold your head high and say that you played to win and gave this team a hell of a fight.

Congrats to all who are fans of the game and aren't shallow minded enough to recognize a great feat was accomplished and you got to witness it.

(Key note:
    I only used smileys when in sarcastic mode.)

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    I will congragulate your team for going 16 and 0. I watched a lot of your games and it is obvious you have a lot of tallent on both sides of the football. All your wins were deserved regardless of what you might be hearing at this point.

Everyone that is not a NE fan always wants to knock you guys off the mountain...and often, spout a lot of sour grapes. As an NFL fan first and Vikings Fan second I loath your team...but have enough respect to give credit where it is due.

Nice regular season!

Cheers!
    I would think it would be the reverse; Vikings fan first, NFL fan second?

Nope....I love the Game itself...first and foremost....Will always be a Vikings fan...over 35 years now and still counting....I don't understand how so many people can't acknowledge top effort/performance with a nod....especially if you love the game/NFL.??

I respect everyone here and your points of view....very sorry if you find mine on this issue offensive.

Cheers!
    Probably a lot of younger fans that really don't understand what the word sportmanship really means.

I know when I was younger, it was "my team is the best and everyone else sucks", but as I grew older I came to understand that you "give credit when credit is do."

Regardless what some others may feel, CONGRAT'S to the PATRIOTS!

With a little bit of help today, I'd like to see that streak ended by our VIKES!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'll say congrats to the Pats for achieving what they did, course I will laugh my arse off if they then screw up in the playoffs and don't win the SB
    ;D

And we know the NFL is very happy as they now have all of the '16-0' gear available in the NFL Shop - note the banner at the top of every page at NFL.com ... and anyone still sometimes wonder if they don't always have a vested interest in seeing certain teams/events occurring - just for the conspiracy theorists out there
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Rather than discuss "the Patriots" as they are typically discussed - as some legendary group of living Greek gods (or, alternately, as Satan-worshiping child molesters whose success spells the death of Western civilization), I'm going to talk about them as they are - an insanely good football team.
    Their success stems from a number of factors:

1. A stable core unit of linemen and defensive players, combined with a system that they know how to execute.
    Every consistently good team needs to have these things - you can't win games or even survive through the season without them.
    You've gotta hand it to Belicheck - he may be a complete a-hole, but he's presiding over a tight, well-oiled machine.

2. A LOT of skill at the skill positions.
    This is what separates the great teams from the good-to-average ones.
    Any good team has to be able to control the line of scrimmage, but a GREAT team needs to be able to spread the field as well.
    The receiving corps of Moss, Welker, and Stallworth is easily the best I've seen since, well...Moss, Carter, and Reed (odd coincidence, don'tcha think?).
    And let's face it - Tom Brady is a better quarterback than Randall Cunningham.

3. Competent assistants.
    Although all of Belicheck's assistants are picked based on how well they fit his vision for the team, he hasn't made the mistake of hiring a bunch of braindead lackeys and sycophants (cough, cough - Darrell Bevell).
    Maybe not all of them are geniuses (it's hard to tell what's going on behind the sidelines), but they certainly seem to be doing their jobs - especially on offense.

4. They know how to deal with success.
    They've seen it all before - big-pressure situations, ridiculously overblown media hype, and fiery upstarts looking to unseat them from the throne.
    Most importantly, they've won Super Bowls.
    Several of them.
    They won't get rattled or distracted by the throng of reporters, cameramen, and sports pundits that camp outside the clubhouse, team headquarters, and locker room of both teams playing in the Super Bowl.
    They already have a gaggle of glaze-eyed Haitian ESPN zombies following their every move ("This just in - analysts report that Tom Brady's new haircut has made him 39% dreamier!").

5. They've got enough of a chip on their shoulders to ensure that they won't grow TOO complacent.
    Whenever a team is as dominant as the Patriots have been this season, there's always the danger that they might begin to act as though they've already won the Super Bowl - they start to go through entire games on autopilot.
    Now, there IS a real possibility that this could happen to New England.
    However, they have one big advantage - everybody hates them.
    Not the way everyone hates the Yankees - it's way worse than that.
    I've heard people not only suggest, but ENCOURAGE, the possibility that the other team take cheap shots at their starters if they run up the score.

The whole team - and Belicheck, especially - is indignant at the "disrespect" they receive, however deserved it may or may not be.
    They want to be VINDICATED.
    They want to rub everybody's faces in it, and then make out with your sister to drive the point in even further.
    It's a very specific sort of arrogance (tempered by a ridiculous amount of planning and film-watching by the coaching staff - both legal and otherwise).

Basically, this Patriots team is like a chess-playing computer - the only way to beat them is to show them something they haven't seen before.
    And that's pretty difficult to do.
    However, it CAN be done.
    We just aren't sure if it WILL.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I will congragulate your team for going 16 and 0. I watched a lot of your games and it is obvious you have a lot of tallent on both sides of the football. All your wins were deserved regardless of what you might be hearing at this point.

Everyone that is not a NE fan always wants to knock you guys off the mountain...and often, spout a lot of sour grapes. As an NFL fan first and Vikings Fan second I loath your team...but have enough respect to give credit where it is due.

Nice regular season!

Cheers!
    I second that! I was actually hoping that you would lose yesterday however all those records and the games we have
    seen, IE: baltimore up until 45 secs left, I mean you have alot of heart and a great morality that every team needs. Alot of people look at your team and say that yeah you cheated and well ok you did. But hey You guys have alot of talent. A great group that never quits.

A 6 round draft pick in at QB Record 50 TDs/8ints unbelieveable stats
    Randy Moss (given bad rap by media) 23 TDs
    Team Play 16-0 (feeling and hoping to see you complete it @ 19-0) hate to see you get alot of Jokes So please dont lose!
    Mike Vrable great weapon what did he get 2 TDs?
    75 TDs Team wise
    589 Points Record
    Wes Welker 8 TDs
    Brady 4557 yards for Pats Record
    Welker 102 Catches Pats record
    Moss 1493 Rec Yards Pats Rec
    Moss Moves into top 10 for rec TDs with 124
    These guys are
    great from a total NFL fan
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123